Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlueNGold
    Banned
    • Aug 2005

Jane Fonda: COVID is god's gift to the left.

Comment

• Gamble1
      • Apr 2007

Cdc has a report on decrease in cases and mitigation steps. It does not claim causality but infers temporal correlation of mask and social distancing with certain business closers and limitations.

Long and short of it they saw a 151% rise in cases when Arizona open back up and then a decrease of 75% 2 weeks after mitigation steps were taken.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/...cid=mm6940e3_w

The number of COVID-19 cases stabilized and began to decrease approximately 2 weeks after local officials began mandating mask wearing (throughout several counties and cities) and enhanced sanitation practices. Additional declines in case counts were associated with implementation of statewide limitations and closures sustained throughout July and extended into August

Comment

• Bball
        Jimmy did what Jimmy did
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Gamble1
        Cdc has a report on decrease in cases and mitigation steps. It does not claim causality but infers temporal correlation of mask and social distancing with certain business closers and limitations.

Long and short of it they saw a 151% rise in cases when Arizona open back up and then a decrease of 75% 2 weeks after mitigation steps were taken.
        So this is saying that when they had that 151% rise they were wall on their way to having an easy winter, but that 75% decrease means they now don't have herd 'mentality'?
        Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Comment

• BlueNGold
          Banned
          • Aug 2005

I really can not believe you are this petty. Germany has a little over half the rate of covid infection per million than sweden and you are fear mongering over a rise of 3 cases per millilion in Germany and Sweden dropping by 1 case per million.

The overall numbers per million are Germanys 28.6 to Swedens 50.99 in the time frame you point to.

Lets just say it. You hate being called out which is why I even did it in the first place. If it wasn't such a bs argument in the first place I wouldn't of even bothered.
          Circling back around to this. Germany's numbers continue to rise. They are up to 34.55 as of today, for a rolling average.

Europe in general is quickly catching up with the US for new cases. UK is a disaster. France is also very, very bad.

Canada, as of yesterday, is doing worse than Sweden. That's right. It could be in a few weeks that Germany, the poster child of handling it correctly, passes them both.

....as we enter the colder months...the calculus changes.

Edit: if you didn't know, Sweden doesn't do masks and they are better off than UK, France, all of Europe as a whole, the US and even Canada. Germany is catching them. Maskless Swedes are doing pretty well.

I should have at least posted this: https://ourworldindata.org/coronavir...ickerSort=desc
          Last edited by BlueNGold; 10-09-2020, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• BlueNGold
            Banned
            • Aug 2005

WOW. This is incredible. Deaths per million.

Comment

• Gamble1
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by BlueNGold

Circling back around to this. Germany's numbers continue to rise. They are up to 34.55 as of today, for a rolling average.

Europe in general is quickly catching up with the US for new cases. UK is a disaster. France is also very, very bad.

Canada, as of yesterday, is doing worse than Sweden. That's right. It could be in a few weeks that Germany, the poster child of handling it correctly, passes them both.

....as we enter the colder months...the calculus changes.

Edit: if you didn't know, Sweden doesn't do masks and they are better off than UK, France, all of Europe as a whole, the US and even Canada. Germany is catching them. Maskless Swedes are doing pretty well.

I should have at least posted this: https://ourworldindata.org/coronavir...ickerSort=desc
              I am so happy you are using the website I found.

The curious case for me is Belgium. They didn't have a mask mandate for a long time and cases blew up. They started putting up more mitigation and the cases are dropping rather rapidly.

Comment

• Gamble1
                • Apr 2007

WOW. This is incredible. Deaths per million.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavir...ickerSort=desc
                You should broaden the date range if you want to be wowed. The cases and deaths could also correlate to travel. I know certain EU countries opened up travel and my bet is that cases and death rose afterward. Sweden probably is ranked lower on that travel list in comparison to places like France or even Belgium.

Comment

• vnzla81
                  • Jul 2008

"pro-lifers" are still trying to get more people killed.

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

• Bball
                    Jimmy did what Jimmy did
                    • Jan 2004

Trump's incompetence has numbed us to the sheer numbers of credible people that have come out against his reelection. But I think we need to pay special attention to the fact that the New England Journal of Medicine... The New England Journal of Medicine(!)... has waded into that pool. This is NOT a political rag. Wading into politics isn't their thing.

This would be a seismic moment in any other election. In this one, it's just one more voice coming from corners where we have never heard these type of stands before. Ex-military. Ex-officials from his own administrations. Scientists. Now the New England Journal of Medicine.

I think even the Never Trumpers have grown numb to the level of incompetence and ignorance that is Donald Trump. And his supporters refuse to listen as long as he continues to say "mean" things about democrats.

We're in a pandemic costing thousands of lives each month and he's downplayed it and made mitigation political.

I hope nobody has any plans other than voting Biden this election. It doesn't matter if a 78 year old 70's style democrat isn't your first choice. All that matters is Trump loses and Biden is a better choice than 4 more years of Trump's dangerous ignorance and incompetence. This is not the year to "send a signal" by voting 3rd party. This is the year to vote in numbers too large to ignore and vote for the only candidate that can beat Trump. Cancel a Trump vote, not just take a vote from him.

As incompetent as he's been, that he couldn't even manage to utilize the vast technological resources and minds of the US scientists and others in a pandemic(!) should be plenty to point to his dangerous ignorance and incompetence.

Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Comment

• CJ Jones
                      • Jan 2012

Let me prove that the left are the raving lunatics.

Recall when Nancy Pelosi tried to stop the impeachment. She had her senses about her. Despised Trump, but wasn't mentally ill over it.

But the lunatics forced her to start what was OBVIOUSLY going to fail. That's the proof of mental illness. Anyone with a functioning brain knew it would fail.

As for Trump, he says crazy stuff all the time. But he's been that way for a very, very long time. That's his personality, not a mental deficit like Joe Biden has developed over the last few years.

So no, I realize you have TDS as well, but he's not any different than he was two weeks ago.
                      This post proves you're the raving lunatic actually. Only in the cults alternate universe did impeachment "fail".

Comment

• BlueNGold
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by CJ Jones

This post proves you're the raving lunatic actually. Only in the cults alternate universe did impeachment "fail".
                        Sure, everyone knew they could impeach but removal was the goal. Anything less than that is a waste of tax payer funds and a failure when they could have voted to censure him without spending millions and requiring Senate involvement.

The worst thing is that they knew or should have known it was a waste of time and resources. But the result was even worse. They distracted the entire federal government at a time when a global pandemic was starting up. If all of Congress had not been focused so much on that, perhaps lives could have been saved. But no, they wanted their pound of flesh but really got nothing but egg in their faces.

Comment

• BlueNGold
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2005

You should broaden the date range if you want to be wowed. The cases and deaths could also correlate to travel. I know certain EU countries opened up travel and my bet is that cases and death rose afterward. Sweden probably is ranked lower on that travel list in comparison to places like France or even Belgium.
                          That date range went all the way back to June 8th, four full months. I'm not sure why going back further at a time when nobody knew much about the virus would matter.

Travel could be a factor. I cannot say without seeing data.

But what I see in that chart, after adding more countries, is that Sweden has the lowest deaths per million compared to Germany, Russia, Canada, Ireland, India, Spain, Poland, Italy, France, USA, UK and Canada. Yet the Swedes do not wear masks. If masks were helpful preventing death, I would expect that Sweden would be in more trouble. But the simple fact is, they are not.

So what's going on? The Swedes got hit hard early. Did they build up some immunity? I don't know but I think the jury is deliberating on that.

Comment

• Bball
                            Jimmy did what Jimmy did
                            • Jan 2004

I missed this somehow-
                            In a private, leaked letter, a former CDC director urges Dr. Robert Redfield to stand up for public health and stop the "slaughter" caused by COVID-19 in the U.S.

From the above:
                            "I think we've got about the worst response to this pandemic that you could possibly have," said Foege, who served as CDC director from 1977 to 1983, spanning the Carter and Reagan administrations, in an interview with NPR.
                            He blames the White House, which he says has not allowed the CDC, the nation's public health agency, to apply its considerable knowledge to the pandemic response: "It felt to me like President Trump had his knee on the neck of the public health community holding them down so that they could not actually do their work," he says.
                            In a scathing letter sent Sept. 23, Foege tells Redfield that, while the CDC director has "shown great resilience in being willing to take [the Trump administration's] abuse," current and former CDC employees have lost confidence in his leadership. "At the moment, they feel you accepted the White House orders without sufficient resistance," he wrote. The letter was obtained and published this week by USA Today."
                            And before anyone says "Fake News!"
                            -Dr. William Foege doesn't know how his private letter to the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Robert Redfield, got leaked — but he stands by its contents. -NPR

Much more at the link.

------

-John Wooden

Comment

• BlueNGold
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Bball
                              I missed this somehow-
                              In a private, leaked letter, a former CDC director urges Dr. Robert Redfield to stand up for public health and stop the "slaughter" caused by COVID-19 in the U.S.

From the above:
                              "I think we've got about the worst response to this pandemic that you could possibly have," said Foege, who served as CDC director from 1977 to 1983, spanning the Carter and Reagan administrations, in an interview with NPR.
                              He blames the White House, which he says has not allowed the CDC, the nation's public health agency, to apply its considerable knowledge to the pandemic response: "It felt to me like President Trump had his knee on the neck of the public health community holding them down so that they could not actually do their work," he says.
                              In a scathing letter sent Sept. 23, Foege tells Redfield that, while the CDC director has "shown great resilience in being willing to take [the Trump administration's] abuse," current and former CDC employees have lost confidence in his leadership. "At the moment, they feel you accepted the White House orders without sufficient resistance," he wrote. The letter was obtained and published this week by USA Today."
                              And before anyone says "Fake News!"
                              -Dr. William Foege doesn't know how his private letter to the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Robert Redfield, got leaked — but he stands by its contents. -NPR

Much more at the link.
                              Yeh, right. Fake news on that. The bit about knee on the neck shows where he's coming from (i.e. the left). He's also 84 years old and probably more senile than Joe Biden.

Comment

• Gamble1
                                • Apr 2007

Yeh, right. Fake news on that. The bit about knee on the neck shows where he's coming from (i.e. the left). He's also 84 years old and probably more senile than Joe Biden.
                                Senile is saying put bleach in your veins or UV light on your organs. Senile is saying it is no worse than the flu and that young people are immune.

Senile is getting a public relation guy with no health background and a part time professor to control the pandemic message to the nation.

Of all the idiotic half baked stupid responses we have heard from Trump the 85 year old with experience is more factually on point and there records and emails backing up that claim.

You can cry leftist all you want but the general consensus from top to bottom in the health field that I work with think Trump has utterly failed in his response to this pandemic.

Comment

Working...