X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • graphic-er
    I'm on a MAC!
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BlueNGold
    I realize the left wants to talk about the fly rather than the actual debate performance. Kamala threw the kitchen sink at Pence and he blocked and tackled better than the New England Patriots. That man had one heckuva debate.
    I am honestly quite surprised that the moderator or somebody didn't signal to him...
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Comment

• Gamble1
      • Apr 2007

I realize the left wants to talk about the fly rather than the actual debate performance. Kamala threw the kitchen sink at Pence and he blocked and tackled better than the New England Patriots. That man had one heckuva debate.
      I think non-answers and changing the subject is more akin to running out of bounds and punting on 4th and long but sure he did a better job than Trump.

Comment

• BlueNGold
        Banned
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by graphic-er

I am honestly quite surprised that the moderator or somebody didn't signal to him...
        MSM. They could see he was performing phenomenally. The fly like the virus were their best assets.

As for Kamala she did OK. Pence just did better and more important he had a much harder job...not even counting the fact they didn’t let the VP of the United States know that a fly had taken up residence on his head.
        Last edited by BlueNGold; 10-08-2020, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• BlueNGold
          Banned
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Gamble1

I think non-answers and changing the subject is more akin to running out of bounds and punting on 4th and long but sure he did a better job than Trump.
          She avoided questions too but the reality is, his tactic worked because the moderator let it go on. These debates are half theatre.

Comment

• Gamble1
            • Apr 2007

The monoclonal therapy from lilly is asking for fda approval.

Eli Lilly said its monoclonal antibody treatment is effective in reducing levels of the virus that causes Covid-19 in patients, and also appears to prevent patients from visiting the emergency room or hospital.

If they can get 1 million doses by the end of the year then a lot of lives could be saved. Keep in mind 1 million doses probably doesn't mean 1 million people will get treated.

Comment

• Gamble1
              • Apr 2007

She avoided questions too but the reality is, his tactic worked because the moderator let it go on. These debates are half theatre.
              True but VP debates are like a mint after a dinner. I am not sure how many people even watched it. The Biden Trump debate was watched by 73 million people. Maybe 6 million watched this would be my guess.

Comment

• BlueNGold
                Banned
                • Aug 2005

True but VP debates are like a mint after a dinner. I am not sure how many people even watched it. The Biden Trump debate was watched by 73 million people. Maybe 6 million watched this would be my guess.
                37M watched Pence and Kaine. I would expect this one to get more given the state of the nation.

Comment

• Sollozzo
                  • Jan 2004

It won’t be as much as Trump-Biden, but it will be exponentially more than 6 million.

BnG mentioned the Pence-Kaine ratings. I just checked and Biden/Ryan in 2012 had 51.4 million viewers.

Comment

• graphic-er
                    I'm on a MAC!
                    • Jan 2010

I am pretty sure that man was caught under oath admitting that he new his activities were considered illegal. None of the videos he released were raw footage, they were all highly edited with portions of hte conversations edited out if they conflicted with his purpose. . He claimed to be a investigative journalist but the woman he interviewed that used to work for the fetal tissue company was even caught on camera saying things like "oh you want me to be more dramatic?" or "Please don't make me tell that story again" So he was clearly coaching her, something journalists don't do.

But even after all the legal trouble he is in, I guess you can say he accomplished his goal. He wanted to make planned parenthood into a toxic political football, and have them defunded.

Now as for his attack here on Senator Harris. Publicly funded organizations like PP, have friends in high places, and when they come under attack they leverage those friends.

Its amazing to me that there is so much fervor and resources on the right to try and take down abortion. Imagine if they put all that effort and resources into providing access to free adoption programs where pregnant women wouldn't have to pay for any medical costs if they were choosing to give the child up for adoption. Programs that would give them proper financial support and access to prenatal care. An OB costs about $5,000 over the course of your pregnancy. That doesn't include paying for ultra sounds every couple of months. That doesn't include your 2-3 day stay in the hospital. So what I am trying to say is that for many women its simply not even a choice. If you have crappy insurance with an ultra high deductible. You simply can't afford to carry a baby to term.

Imagine if some of these groups actually went to Planned Parenthood and offered them funding if they would promote that type of program as an alternative to an abortion.

People will generally do the right thing when you give pathways to do so. One example is a program is Safe Haven Baby Boxes. They get donations to install a live baby surrender box at Fire stations. A troubled mother gets the opportunity to do the right thing and be anonymous in her decision.
                    Last edited by graphic-er; 10-08-2020, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• BlueNGold
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Sollozzo

It won’t be as much as Trump-Biden, but it will be exponentially more than 6 million.

BnG mentioned the Pence-Kaine ratings. I just checked and Biden/Ryan in 2012 had 51.4 million viewers.
                      Also, this debate was more important give Biden's age and mental condition. Even the left question if the man gets through 4 years, so she could very easily become president.

But really, it isn't a big factor either way. People will be voting for Biden or Trump. Or against Trump, more likely.

Comment

• dal9
                        Can see thru wooden doors
                        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by graphic-er

Whatever dude...They expose the hypocrisy on both sides. They give both sides a fair amount of criticism. I'd rather have honest reporting about an issue than the fake news by Fox or CNN or MSNBC.

Your hypothesis makes it sound like this right wing operation had it all planned out from the beginning. Yes lets make a fledgling little youtube morning news show to disengage young voters and ensure a right -wing victory at the polls.
                        I don't know how the show started, but they are continuing to prop it up, and that's the effect it's going to have.

E.g. from today.

K-Ball Tweet

"The Russian bounty story was bull ****"

The actual quote from CENTCOM Commander:

Gen. Frank McKenzie, the commander of US Central Command, also told a small group of reporters while traveling to the region that he was not convinced that the Russian bounty program was directly responsible for the deaths of US personnel.

"The intelligence wasn't proved to me. It was proved enough to worry me. It wasn't proved enough that I'd take it to a court of law. That's often true in battlefield intelligence," McKenzie said, according to a transcript provided by the Defense Department.

His comments mark the first time a Pentagon official has answered questions about the US intelligence that assessed there was an effort by a Russian military intelligence unit to pay the Taliban to kill US soldiers.

So the big liberal says no big deal that there is a good chance that Russians paid Taliban to kill US Soldiers and POTUS did not come out against it....what a convenient take...

Comment

• graphic-er
                          I'm on a MAC!
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by dal9

I don't know how the show started, but they are continuing to prop it up, and that's the effect it's going to have.

E.g. from today.

K-Ball Tweet

"The Russian bounty story was bull ****"

The actual quote from CENTCOM Commander:

Gen. Frank McKenzie, the commander of US Central Command, also told a small group of reporters while traveling to the region that he was not convinced that the Russian bounty program was directly responsible for the deaths of US personnel.

"The intelligence wasn't proved to me. It was proved enough to worry me. It wasn't proved enough that I'd take it to a court of law. That's often true in battlefield intelligence," McKenzie said, according to a transcript provided by the Defense Department.

His comments mark the first time a Pentagon official has answered questions about the US intelligence that assessed there was an effort by a Russian military intelligence unit to pay the Taliban to kill US soldiers.

So the big liberal says no big deal that there is a good chance that Russians paid Taliban to kill US Soldiers and POTUS did not come out against it....what a convenient take...
                          But what exactly are you arguing? That because the General said the intelligence proved enough to concern him, the POTUS should publicly act on it? I mean yeah lets start a Cold War with Russia over something like this? Get real...its easy to be a chicken hawk I guess. USA is the largest military in the world and is actively deployed in regions all over the world. We have our hands in everything. It should come as no surprise that other governments with global agendas like Russia and China are actively trying to claw at us.

The fact you call her a liberal is pretty much proof you don't understand the show.

Comment

• vnzla81
                            • Jul 2008

Imagine liking somebody like Pence yikes
                            @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

• graphic-er
                              I'm on a MAC!
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by vnzla81
                              That guy once gave me $50.

Comment

• BlueNGold
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by vnzla81
                                Pence is a great American. He has exactly the type of views that made America the most powerful, wealthy country in the history of the world.

I realize some think they can improve upon what America has done. But people are free to be wrong too.

Comment

Working...