Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InYaFace
    replied
    Originally posted by CJ Jones
    A few trade ideas from a sixer site. If we're gonna do a deal for this weirdo, I'd prefer something like the 3 way deal. Bringing in Ben to play alongside Domas doesn't make much sense. Pair the league's best perimeter defender with the league's best shot blocker and at least we'd have an identity. We'd also get to keep our shooters.

I see Ben as a big who needs to play most of his minutes in the frontcourt. Dealing a frontcourt player for him is about the only scenario I can think of where I could get on board.

https://thesixersense.com/2021/10/02...trades-pacers/
    The third trade would be ideal for us. I like the idea of pairing Simmons with Brogdon and prefer Myles next to him defensively. I love any scenario with the Spurs where we acquire Derrick White or Lonny Walker or Dejounte Murray. (Turner trades centered around one or two of those guys would also be nice).

Leave a comment:

• Pacerized
    replied
    Simmons has to be near the top of the list of most overpaid players in the NBA, Throw in his attitude issues and the sixers should be paying someone to take him. There is no scenario in which we should consider losing Sabonis to bring in Simmons. Warren, Lamb and filler should be enough.

Leave a comment:

• owl
    replied
    Originally posted by CJ Jones
    A few trade ideas from a sixer site. If we're gonna do a deal for this weirdo, I'd prefer something like the 3 way deal. Bringing in Ben to play alongside Domas doesn't make much sense. Pair the league's best perimeter defender with the league's best shot blocker and at least we'd have an identity. We'd also get to keep our shooters.

I see Ben as a big who needs to play most of his minutes in the frontcourt. Dealing a frontcourt player for him is about the only scenario I can think of where I could get on board.

The only trade I would be unhappy with sending Duarte out. No thanks. Levert, Warren, Duarte? Sixers would never do that nor would the Pacers.
    Brogdon will be a centerpiece of any trade with the Pacers

Leave a comment:

• Winngtime85
    replied
    If Ben can play with Embid and be the one seed then he should be able to play with domas.

Leave a comment:

• CJ Jones
    replied

Last edited by CJ Jones; 10-03-2021, 01:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Winngtime85
    replied
    Originally posted by owl

Throw in Goga too if they want another big to back up Embiid
    There backup is Drummond. If Turner has to play Embid and Drummond on the same team he might end the night lined in chalk.

Leave a comment:

• vnzla81
    replied
    Lowe and Windhorst saying that Pacers might be best partners (7 minutes in)

Leave a comment:

• PacerDude
    replied
    No picks PERIOD. They'll need them to keep salaries reasonable in the next few years.

No - I don't want Simmons, but if it happens - NO PICKS.

Leave a comment:

• owl
    replied
    Originally posted by BBALL56HACKER
    i would not have a problem of trading MB /and LAMB plus 2 fiirst round picks for SIMMONS .( NOTHING MORE .) TURNER could be moved during the season for another piece IF the 2 bigs do not work.
    Throw in Goga too if they want another big to back up Embiid

Leave a comment:

• OneMoreYear
    replied

The 2 picks cannot be back to back years ( from my understanding ) but I would agree at least lottery protected
    Yes true, makes my point even more valid though since at this point we can all agree, this team's far more likely to be blown up in 2023 than it is that we retain the guys coming due. Unless the unexpected happens, we're on a train to nowhere & over the next three years, those picks are gonna be gold for us.

I'm intrigued by Simmons because he creates at least a CHANCE for us to be special if everything suddenly started clicking, or else it goes bellyup...either way his coming in creates a situation where one way or the other, we're gettin off the "treadmill of meh".... Provided we don't bleed picks to get him here. If we were to trade those & still fail, or god forbid there's another tantrum while a Pacer and completely destroys his trade value, then it's gonna be the village of the damned around here for the next several years. No one I repeat no one wants to see what happen if we finally faceplant into a top 5 pick after Simmons sits out a year having a snit, Warren shows up with a peg leg, Caris falls on his back and he shatters into thousands of tiny pieces, and it's revealed that the ghost of Greg Oden's career is living in KP's office where he sleeps on the couch and whispers draft advice into KP's ear, and the pick we earn from a 15-67 season has to go to Philly this city would literally have to close the bridges and overpasses bc we'd be jumping from them like lemmings.
    Last edited by OneMoreYear; 10-02-2021, 03:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BBALL56HACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by OneMoreYear

Absolutely not--unless those picks are like top-20 protected.

Simmons is far too big of a risk & this team is still too much of a quandry to justify losing a possible lottery pick, or two. You don't give up those picks unless you're near certain the trade is gonna keep you out of the basement. Add in our injury history, and there's still sorry to say it a VERY good chance we'll still be in the lottery next two years even with Simmons. O.o

Also, it's not about the picks value to us but their value to the Sixers, and they would be lukewarm at BEST about the usefulness of our picks. They simply don't need em or want em, which means you'll be getting less pound-for-pound for those 2 picks than you'd likely get from someone else. Hard nope. They'd take either TJM, Jackson or Duarte over two future 1st Rd picks I'd bet ya dollars to donuts, and while I'm not keen on giving them up, 2 first rounders are still far more valuable to us to keep.
    The 2 picks cannot be back to back years ( from my understanding ) but I would agree at least lottery protected

Leave a comment:

• OneMoreYear
    replied
    i would not have a problem of trading MB /and LAMB plus 2 fiirst round picks for SIMMONS .( NOTHING MORE .) TURNER could be moved during the season for another piece IF the 2 bigs do not work.
    Absolutely not--unless those picks are like top-20 protected.

Simmons is far too big of a risk & this team is still too much of a quandry to justify losing a possible lottery pick, or two. You don't give up those picks unless you're near certain the trade is gonna keep you out of the basement. Add in our injury history, and there's still sorry to say it a VERY good chance we'll still be in the lottery next two years even with Simmons. O.o

Also, it's not about the picks value to us but their value to the Sixers, and they would be lukewarm at BEST about the usefulness of our picks. They simply don't need em or want em, which means you'll be getting less pound-for-pound for those 2 picks than you'd likely get from someone else. Hard nope. They'd take either TJM, Jackson or Duarte over two future 1st Rd picks I'd bet ya dollars to donuts, and while I'm not keen on giving them up, 2 first rounders are still far more valuable to us to keep.
    Last edited by OneMoreYear; 10-02-2021, 02:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BBALL56HACKER
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OneMoreYear
    replied
    Originally posted by jrwannabe
    If it does happen, it'll be along the lines of MB and Turner/Sabo going to Portland, CJ going to Philly and and Simmons coming here. I'm sure there will have to be other moving parts
    That's actually a really sensible trade. It manages somehow to benefit everyone more than a straight CJ/Simmons swap. This would certainly interest Portland. I think we might be able to also wrest a pick from Portland for this. Portland cannot risk another failed season with the same group or Lillard will not sit for it, they have to show they're at least attempting to improve the team, and MB is probably an upgrade for them over CJ at this point, shooting wise they're very similar and MB is younger and a better distributor, all while making way less than CJ. If he stays healthy... But that'll be their problem. Myles instantly gives them stronger rim protecting & shooting than they're getting from Nurkic. Portland needs to get bigger at the 2 & 3 (both guys being 6'3") to better play alongside Lillard, which this trade could allow them to use Powell as a 2 and MB as a wing.

I dunno what Portland does with Nurkic but since he's an expiring I guess it doesn't matter. It's entirely possible they could try Turner and Covington togther.

​​​​​
    Last edited by OneMoreYear; 10-02-2021, 02:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CJ Jones
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...