COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gamble1
    • Apr 2007

Just an FYI the cdc drop the omicron prevelance percentage. It is a difficult prediction to make and for here in Indiana we sequence about 2300 cases a week. There is a lag over the Holidays as well. My guess is that Delta is still really common and we are very much under counting the total number of cases.

Comment

• vnzla81
      • Jul 2008

Sad s***

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

• dal9
        Can see thru wooden doors
        • Dec 2007

Comment

• Gamble1
          • Apr 2007

Curious if anyone has gotten omicron yet? This wave is getting ridiculous. IU health is denying patients for PT or diverting them since so many therapist are out sick.

Personally I am shocked my family hasnt gotten covid yet. I do believe it is just a matter of time before it happens but hopefully it is not during this wave.

Comment

• Peck
            Administrator
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Gamble1
            Curious if anyone has gotten omicron yet? This wave is getting ridiculous. IU health is denying patients for PT or diverting them since so many therapist are out sick.

Personally I am shocked my family hasnt gotten covid yet. I do believe it is just a matter of time before it happens but hopefully it is not during this wave.
            Our company has been absolutely ravaged by it. We literally lost 13 people in a matter of two hours the other day due to positive tests. Thankfully only one of them has been symptomatic so we are hoping for a quick turnaround.

Also all but one of them has been vaccinated and several of them have had the booster shot as well. These also are all non work related exposures.
            Last edited by Peck; 01-07-2022, 03:56 PM.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Comment

• Gamble1
              • Apr 2007

So a couple of papers came out in the New England Journal of Medicine that has the data from Riley Hospital.

They continue to admit kids and the majority are unvaccinated. There are kids in the ICU and on ventilators. They are admitting around 40ish kids a day.

Comment

• vapacersfan
                • Apr 2006

Czech folk singer Hana Horka has died after intentionally catching Covid in an attempt to acquire immunity

bbc.com
                Hana Horka: Czech singer dies after catching Covid intentionally
                Hana Horka's son tells the BBC his mother was unvaccinated but wanted to acquire immunity.
                12:41 PM ? Jan 19, 2022

Comment

• Bball
                  Jimmy did what Jimmy did
                  • Jan 2004

I didn't read the story fully... but I'm trying to unpack this in my head. She wanted to get Covid so she wouldn't get Covid?

Is this some performance thing where she was not being allowed in certain venues, unless she was vaccinated OR had had Covid? Was she trying to get 'cleared' for antibodies in her system but refused to be vaxxed?
                  Did she die from Covid or did she die from being stupid? Is there another option here?
                  Last edited by Bball; 01-22-2022, 03:43 PM.
                  Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Comment

• Motion Offense
                    Lawyer Morty
                    • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Gamble1

I got it a week after the 3rd Pfizer dose. I had sniffles. My wife caught it before her 3rd dose and was coughing and had some congestion. My 2 year old had no symptoms

Comment

• Gamble1
                      • Apr 2007

So cases maybe going down but it is hard to tell. One theory out there is viral interference to explain the drop in cases overall for many viral respiratory infections not just omicron. If you haven't heard this before I will explain it real quick.

Virus infects cell and the cell sends out signal to surrounding uninfected cells to beef up defenses. Those defenses persist for awhile after the person defeats the infection making it harder for other upper respiratory viruses to infect the host.

This sort of reminds me of the Simpsons episode of Mr. Burns disease.

Comment

• dal9
                        Can see thru wooden doors
                        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by vapacersfan
                        "czech please"

Comment

• PacerDude
                          It's just my opinion.
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by dal9

"czech please"
                          She czech'd out ??

Comment

• Gamble1
                            • Apr 2007

So this Joe Rogan and Spotify mess is getting out of hand. People love to play with conspiracy theories and have weirdos on their show since it maintains an audience but the consequences are real. You anti science for so long you won't have them in the future generating the data to produce the cures.

Comment

• Bball
                              Jimmy did what Jimmy did
                              • Jan 2004

Too much to cut and paste, but this piece about vaccines and immunity seems to make sense to me. Anything in here that looks off to anyone (Gamble1)?
                              Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Comment

• Gamble1
                                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Bball
                                Too much to cut and paste, but this piece about vaccines and immunity seems to make sense to me. Anything in here that looks off to anyone (Gamble1)?
                                https://www.nature.com/articles/d415...=pocket-newtab
                                No that's pretty much on point. Vaccines to upper respiratory viruses are nortiously difficult and the reason is that viruses evolved to infect this area of the body. The thing with covid is also how fast the virus replicates to the point of being able to infect others. There are not many viruses that can do that.

It mutating and gaining an advantage over a vaccine is nothing new. Basically you get sick from many types of viruses even if you have seen it before because you lost some immunity.

Comment

Working...