• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ratking
    Born Heady
    • Mar 2011

Official NBA 2k15 Hyped Thread

Two words..."face scan"

I am so psyched for the release of this game, even though I am in that weird place as a Pacers fan going into a season hard to get psyched about. In case you don't know about this "face-scan" business, it was released yesterday that, using the PS4/Kinect(Xbox) cameras, you will be able to digitalize your face and upload it onto your My Player for Career Mode. This will take the level of addiction and immersion of the game to a whole new level. Here is a vid of the news released by 2k yesterday:

Now, on to a conundrum I have as a Pacers fan: I only play these games for MyGM and MyCareer, and put most time to MyGM. What sucks for Pacers fans this year is that the MyGM experience, if following previous games, will start the 14-15' season with Paul George at full health. Now, while this may seem fun for some fans, I would much rather simulate the real experience of the season, that of trying to develop players and figure out a system to work with the glorious return of Paul George a season later (maybe after a decent lottery pick as well!). So, in actuality, I am even more psyched for NBA 2k15, IF in fact there is a way to legitimately start MyGM/MyLeague mode with current NBA injuries accounted for. I would love to fight for a playoff seed or develop Hibbert as a force over the 14'-15' season, while increasing the opportunities for guys like Solomon Hill. This would be an awesome feature to the game and one I hope they consider. The cheap and annoying way to get around this is to just bench Paul George, but this will lower his morale over time, taking away from the overall experience. Any suggestions or tricks I am not aware of? I would be very annoyed if I was playing Paul George to a certain MVP season in the game, while in real life he was rehabbing. Something about that bothers me, since I enjoy the "simulation/realism" aspect of the game.

What are everyone's thoughts on NBA 2k15 this year? Face-scan hype'd?
    https://soundcloud.com/geoclipse
  • Ratking
    Born Heady
    • Mar 2011

Re: Official NBA 2k15 Hyped Thread

Also, I'd be really upset if, for another year, they didn't feature a Classic late 90's Pacers team.

Comment

• Coopdog23
      THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!
      • May 2010

Should I wait for 2k15 or go buy Madden 15? decisions decisions
      Smothered Chicken!

Comment

• Kstat
        Rebound King
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ratking
        Also, I'd be really upset if, for another year, they didn't feature a Classic late 90's Pacers team.
        They don't. There's a partial video of teams scrolled starting with the 1995 magic, and there were no changes. If there's a new classic team it'll be 1994 or earlier.

If you're going to be upset at anyone, be upset at Reggie. He's the one choosing not to be involved with the game.

Confirmed new classic players this year are Bernard King, Tom Chambers, Kevin Johnson, Bob Cousey, Tiny Archibald and Rick Barry.

Also confirmed is that they will be putting out classic versions of current players, which is an option they really dropped the ball on last season. So we'll likely see 2005 Duncan, 2006 Nash, 2007 Kobe, 2004 Garnett, 2003 Ray Allen, etc.
        Last edited by Kstat; 09-18-2014, 01:32 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
        Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
        NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Comment

• Ratking
          Born Heady
          • Mar 2011

It's the Return of Leftos in Episode #95 of the NLSC Podcast! Leftos is back to chat with Andrew and Arcane about MyGM and MyLEAGUE in NBA 2K15, as well as his first year at Visual Concepts.

Latest podcast with developer Leftos is very in-depth (2.5 hour!) for the junkies out there.

Comment

• Sparhawk
            • Nov 2009

STG also did the face scan and his avatar looks just like him. Crazy how good the facial scan is.

First time in a long time, I've been happy with the team that was constructed, and now they struggle. I blame the coach.

Comment

• PGisthefuture
              Lifelong Pacer Fan.
              • Dec 2011

Not sure if you've found out by now, but I'm pretty sure they have infact made it to where you can set injuries before starting a MyGM or MyLeague. MyLeague is their new version of Association mode btw.

Comment

• PGisthefuture
                Lifelong Pacer Fan.
                • Dec 2011

Pretty corny video, but they just announced 2KTV. Seems like they're really going all out this year.

Comment

• Ratking
                  Born Heady
                  • Mar 2011

Pacers ratings thus far:

Ian Mahinmi- 75
                  Rodney Stuckey- 75
                  CJ Watson- 75
                  CJ Miles- 73
                  Chris Copeland 71
                  LaVoy Allen 68
                  Solomon Hill 66
                  Donald Sloan 65

They have released to rank 151 so far. Im expecting Solomon Hill to make a major jump after the first update if he is in fact our starting SF. I am pleasantly surprised by the ratings for CJ Watson and Mahinmi. I know this year the system is different for ratings, but I think a 75 for a center is pretty good. Youngish players with decent ratings like that will make the 2014 PG-less season more fun in a development sense.

An update about the injury system, as suggested already, they released information about manually managing injuries in MyLeague. I am very happy about this. The scouting updates and in-season training sound insanely in-depth. With full player creation, and the insane amount of material and depth of this game, 2k might just have lost some perennial customers, as in I might not need to buy 2k16,17,18...

Comment

• Ratking
                    Born Heady
                    • Mar 2011

also, either they really overestimated Damjan Rudez, or they forgot to add him to the game. Did I overlook something?

Comment

• tora tora
                      • Jan 2004

I remember face scanning in Rainbow Six Vegas, this should be interesting.

Comment

• PGisthefuture
                        Lifelong Pacer Fan.
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Ratking
                        also, either they really overestimated Damjan Rudez, or they forgot to add him to the game. Did I overlook something?
                        I think they said there are a few guys they still need to add in an update or something, I'm assuming he's one of them.

Comment

• PGisthefuture
                          Lifelong Pacer Fan.
                          • Dec 2011

They just released some more ratings.
                          Louis Scola- 77
                          George Hill- 78

Comment

• Ratking
                            Born Heady
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by PGisthefuture
                            They just released some more ratings.
                            Louis Scola- 77
                            George Hill- 78
                            Hmmm, they seem to be putting faith in Hill having a career season. He certainly will have his opportunities. Scola's rating is a bit higher than I expected as well. Not complaining though. I think it reflects the increase in touches they are both expected to receive.

Comment

• Ratking
                              Born Heady
                              • Mar 2011

Every badge explained...pure gold. Check out the "Pat My Back" badge. Is that specifically made for Roy? Who else in the league has become synonymous with "responds best when coddled".

Comment

Working...