• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peck
    Administrator
    • Jan 2004

Re: Ok, So More On The "RUMOR"...

Originally posted by Justin Tyme
    IMO, unless Hibbert starts playing like he was the 1st half of the season,. he'll be traded. Unlike you, I feel Hibbert can fetch some good pieces in a trade. Expiring contract, good player/players(hopefully young), and maybe a draft pick.
    I think we can get something for him but it will not be anything of substance. His trade value right now could not be any lower unless he broke both legs and even then I'm not sure it would be that much lower.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Comment

• BillS
      Angry Old Poster
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Peck
      I think we can get something for him but it will not be anything of substance. His trade value right now could not be any lower unless he broke both legs and even then I'm not sure it would be that much lower.
      At this point it might be worth more to waive and stretch him than try to trade him.

Assuming whatever happened isn't something that can be dealt with in the offseason, that is.
      BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
      Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

Comment

• Justin Tyme
        • Mar 2008

I understand your thought, but I will just have to disagree. Some GM salivating for the opportunity to get a 2 x Allstar to help his team will be willing to make a deal that will offer the Pacers some good pieces. GM's love big men and take more chances on big men than other players. Hibbert just needs to get out of Indy with it's bad memories. He just needs a new start.

Comment

• CableKC
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by cdash
          I think you could get something for him, but I don't see a Hibbert trade happening.
          Speaking hypothetically ( insert "Airplane" movie Joke here ), what if the issue is what has been reported where there are personal issues between Hibbert and someone else on the roster?

I'd like to believe that Players can just move beyond Personal issues and just leave that off the court.....but ( assuming that the issue is as bad as it sounds ) I don't get the sense that this is some personal issue that can be set aside.
          Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Comment

• indygeezer
            Tree People to the Core!
            • Jan 2004

In regards to Hibbs being able to work with the offender, yes it can be done. I was a volunteer fireman....so was my best bud. I still went on runs and so did he (well I did eventually move away) but because we were part of a team effort, we both did our job to the best of our ability. The crew (team) depended upon each piece performing it's function to perfection for the safety of all. When you are backing up the man handling the nozzle you don't let him down or the whole team is in mortal danger. So yes, while the job is at hand, some people can overlook transgressions....but some cannot.
            Ever notice how friendly folks are at a shootin' range??.

Comment

• docpaul
              Rebirth.
              • Jul 2006

The guy who cuts my hair is very good friends with Roy's wife. The story is absolute, total nonsense... and thats a fact.

Another fact is that Roy has always been mentally softer, and he's demonstrated that time after time after time.

Why are we questioning it happening, yet again?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Comment

• CableKC
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by docpaul
                The guy who cuts my hair is very good friends with Roy's wife. The story is absolute, total nonsense... and thats a fact.

Another fact is that Roy has always been mentally softer, and he's demonstrated that time after time after time.

Why are we questioning it happening, yet again?

I didn't think that Hibbert was married.....I thought the wedding or engagement was called off last summer. I honestly don't know anymore....this is becoming like an episode of "The Real Baseketball Players of Indianapolis". Where is Andy Cohen when you need him?
                Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Comment

• docpaul
                  Rebirth.
                  • Jul 2006

Originally posted by CableKC
                  I didn't think that Hibbert was married.....I thought the wedding or engagement was called off last summer. I honestly don't know anymore....this is becoming like an episode of "The Real Baseketball Players of Indianapolis". Where is Andy Cohen when you need him?
                  Whoops, I meant fiancee... they are still very much together.

Last edited by docpaul; 05-07-2014, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Will Galen
                    Pacer Junky
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Grimp
                    ????????????????? That's beyond effed up.........
                    That's Geezer looking at it the right way in my opinion.

Comment

• Dr. Hibbert
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by CreekShow
                      Looked it up and Bleacher Report was the first source that popped up. Assumed it was legit. Mistakes happen. Funny how you frequent these "ridiculous" threads more than any other posters tho. Say Hello next time you step off your message board high horse
                      Show me where Bleacher Report reported on either of these stories. You didn't read something correctly. It's not a big deal, but yes, I'm going to call people out on nonsense.

Comment

• Will Galen
                        Pacer Junky
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Since86
                        I assumed it was his. We sat directly behind the bench last year against the Bulls, and he kissed his GF and a baby she was holding. That one sticks out just because of our tix locations, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it happen a couple different times.

Just passing the time on google, it appears him and his GF had been together since his days at Georgetown Prep, so something like 7-8+ years together.
                        I read she was his girlfriend at Georgetown. But I understood it had just been recently they got back together and got engaged.

Maybe he dumped her at Georgetown and she decided to get even. Or maybe she's just a groopie kind of girl. Or maybe something else . . .

Comment

• Will Galen
                          Pacer Junky
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cdash
                          I think you could get something for him, but I don't see a Hibbert trade happening.
                          To much uncertainty with Roy. He'll be traded if we can find a buyer for his contract.

Comment

• Grimp
                            • May 2013

Bynum got a contract from us. It wouldn't be hard to move Roy. Depends on who needs him. What's working against him?

His current funk.
                            Sizeable (but not albatross) contract

What works for him?

He's only 27. Plenty of game left, and time to develop less than stellar parts of his offensive game
                            He's a 2 time all-star
                            When he's focused he can block shots, rebound, and clog up the lane
                            He can also come up with hussle plays, steals, etc. Again, when he's focused.
                            He's an above average passer for his size.
                            He's a legit 7'2. A center by trade. Not a PF masquerading as one.
                            He's yet to play with a REAL, true point guard
                            He can score down low.
                            His health. In today's big man class of back surgeries, ankle surgeries, foot surgeries, knee surgeries, etc. Roy has never had a major surgery. Nor is he due for one in the immediate future.
                            His background. No rap sheets, police/lawyer trouble. Upstanding citizen. No on court or off court antics.

Teams of interest:OKC, Phoenix, GSW. Both teams have big man issues. OKC is gonna need a true BIG for future battles with the Clippers and Grizzlies during reg. season. Phoenix could use some low post offense to offset all that 3-pt shooting. And GSW is probably tired of playing "hide and go seek" with Bogut's piling up injuries. Including this post-season where he was not there when needed the most. The Lakers could be interested as well. Yes.......we can get stuff for Roy. I think the bigger question will be, who to replace him with? I am leaning towards Monroe. I think not just because of Hibbert's struggles now. But if there was ever a time to move him and get stuff for him. It'd be this off-season. Also, re-signing Lance and having PG. We need to get a quicker/athletic PG, and center. This team has a serious problem with guarding and displaying quickness, speed, and athleticism at the 1 and 5 positions.

Comment

• DisplacedKnick
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Will Galen
                              To much uncertainty with Roy. He'll be traded if we can find a buyer for his contract.
                              You'll get problems/albatross contracts back right now. Better to try to rehabilitate him and then deal him when his value's higher. At worst, after next season he becomes a large expiring contract which will be worth something.
                              The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Comment

• cdash
                                Whale Shepherd
                                • Jun 2009

Comment

Working...