X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BenR1990
    • Jan 2014

Re: Ok, So More On The "RUMOR"...

I don't get why some people around here want a story like this to be true. That's some weird crap.

Comment

• faank
      • May 2010

There's nothing wrong with bashing Hibbert for his performance but the suggestion that he does not care about his own/team's performance is laughable. If he had this approach, he would be a bench warmer in Europe... When I look at Roy, I see someone in confusion not someone who doesn't give a ****. It's more of a "I have no idea what's going on" not a "I don't give a ****, I keep getting them checks". I cannot understand how anyone can think he's just there for the check. Have we forgot 5 years of continuous hard work, non stop cheering, always backing up teammates in the media etc... He's having a rough patch and yes, he had one game when he was pouting on the bench. He had 462 games in his career when he wasn't. Again, I am not saying people should not criticize Roy but I find it very hard to believe that the reason for his poor play is simply not caring. Heck, I almost wish he wasn't caring, the situation would be much simpler in terms of future decisions.
      uno, due, trezegol!

Comment

• timid
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by BenR1990
        I don't get why some people around here want a story like this to be true. That's some weird crap.
        Nobody wants the story to be true...We just want the truth, whatever it is behind Roy and team's awful play...Unless everyone wants to believe those 2 things just "happened" for no reason or we actually really believe the team is this bad...

Comment

• timid
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by faank
          There's nothing wrong with bashing Hibbert for his performance but the suggestion that he does not care about his own/team's performance is laughable. If he had this approach, he would be a bench warmer in Europe... When I look at Roy, I see someone in confusion not someone who doesn't give a ****. It's more of a "I have no idea what's going on" not a "I don't give a ****, I keep getting them checks". I cannot understand how anyone can think he's just there for the check. Have we forgot 5 years of continuous hard work, non stop cheering, always backing up teammates in the media etc... He's having a rough patch and yes, he had one game when he was pouting on the bench. He had 462 games in his career when he wasn't. Again, I am not saying people should not criticize Roy but I find it very hard to believe that the reason for his poor play is simply not caring. Heck, I almost wish he wasn't caring, the situation would be much simpler in terms of future decisions.
          Yeah, I think he cares a great deal, maybe too much if thats possible...He can't put bad performances behind him like you must do to be successful...

Comment

• Brad8888
            Fatman the Malevolent
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by FlavaDave
            Well, I didn't want to put this on PD. I have some inside sources inside the locker room via my work with 8 Points, 9 Seconds. I didn't want to "spill the beans" in public, but this has gone on too long. Here goes:

Truth is, there is more to this story than is being reported. The real reason for the Lance-Turner fight was a dispute over money. They planned on entering into a joint investment together, but had a miscommunication about the amount of money each would invest. Turner thought it was 50/50, while Lance thought it should be 80/20. The argument came to blows, and lead to the famous fight. The deal might be off, and it has torn the locker room apart.

Now it seems as though their joint purchase of the Brooklyn Bridge - and dare I say the season - is in serious doubt.
            And the tale grows taller on down the line...

LOL. I'll play.

Do tell.

What was the "joint investment" supposed to have been? And, why would such a dispute between Lance and Turner and the possibility that the deal might be off tear the locker room apart?

Comment

• timid
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Brad8888
              And the tale grows taller on down the line...

LOL. I'll play.

Do tell.

What was the "joint investment" supposed to have been? And, why would such a dispute between Lance and Turner and the possibility that the deal might be off tear the locker room apart?

I think he's just being sarcastic....I think...

Comment

• Since86
                • Dec 2004

The joint investment was right there in the last sentence....the Brooklyn Bridge.
                Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

Comment

• indyaway
                  • Jun 2010

As part of my work as an attorney, I do what's called crisis communications. Think Target Data Breach and how you respond internally and message externally to mitigate what will be major damages.

Here is probably what happened, PG banged Hib's GF. It effected play on the court. At some point Bird sat them down and hit them over the head with the reality that they're paid millions, the franchise stands to gain or lose even more based on their performance, and they have to get their act together. At minimum, they were advised to not demonstrate animosity in public. All the comments about how someone saw Hib high 5 PG so the story must be fake is nonsense. He's doing that for one of two reasons. Either it's emotions of the moment and he's just reacting and forgetting he hates PG OR if he doesn't and Bird thinks it's obvious Hib or Roy are passive aggressively dissing each other in public then he probably lays into them immediately after the game.

The NBA has some major influence over what media outlets will run. Something like this will only come out on hood rat message board or maybe drudge report. Journalists are all a bunch of pussies to risk their access by running anything that damages the NBAs rep.

Comment

• Brad8888
                    Fatman the Malevolent
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Since86
                    The joint investment was right there in the last sentence....the Brooklyn Bridge.

Thank you Mr. Obvious! I never made the connection.

Comment

• Will Galen
                      Pacer Junky
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by timid
                      Also, remember the interview Lance did on the news a couple weeks ago? He said he had no problem with Evan, he said he was a nice guy and that he always like his game ever since he was 2nd pick...thats not word for word but its pretty close...So if he really has no problem with Evan and vice versa then what the hell were they fighting over? It makes sense that they would be fighting over something else...
                      Come on, you have to have played sports before, scuffles are always happening. Even brothers and best friends get into fights while playing sports. All it takes is some rough play escalating.

Comment

• BornIndy
                        INDIANA
                        • May 2013

Fake story. Just a website with a headline to get views

Comment

• cdash
                          Whale Shepherd
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Since86
                          Those ******** never did pay me for that bridge...

Comment

• timid
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Will Galen
                            Come on, you have to have played sports before, scuffles are always happening. Even brothers and best friends get into fights while playing sports. All it takes is some rough play escalating.
                            Thats true, I agree with you...I have played on plenty of basketball teams in the past, high school, other leagues...and yes fights do happen especially among teammates who are close but thats what makes this even stranger, Lance and Evan aren't close like that, Evan just got to the team. So thats why I'm trying to figure out what they would be fighting over if it wasn't just a normal scuffle(it very well may have been).

Comment

• adamscb
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by timid
                              Thats true, I agree with you...I have played on plenty of basketball teams in the past, high school, other leagues...and yes fights do happen especially among teammates who are close but thats what makes this even stranger, Lance and Evan aren't close like that, Evan just got to the team. So thats why I'm trying to figure out what they would be fighting over if it wasn't just a normal scuffle(it very well may have been).
                              You don't have to be close to someone to get into a sports-related fight with them. In fact, I'd think that you'd be more inclined to fight with someone whom you aren't very close with.

Comment

• Dr. Hibbert
                                • Jan 2009

Seriously, this is worse than when someone posted a Boxden message board post and mistook it for an official tell-all on the Blazers locker room...

Learn how to read news.

Comment

Working...