Off season poll of reflection: What place does PD play in your life?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • immortality
    • Feb 2007

Re: Off season poll of reflection: What place does PD play in your life?

It check it quite often daily, it's a great place to discuss Basketball with fellow fans. When the offseason starts and free agency dies down, I do become disappointed as there is little to talk about basketball or the Pacers in general.

Comment

• SycamoreKen
      • Jan 2004

I joined the RATS board the summer of '97 after I got married and with that came internet access at my in-laws. I've been around ever since and have had the opportunity to meet Seth and kester on different occasions. I met Travmil before PD when we worked at the same place I met my wife. As we get ready to move to Houston, it will be interesting to contribute from another NBA city, but the Rockets will not gain my allegiance like the Spurs did.

Comment

• Coopdog23
        THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!
        • May 2010

Originally posted by immortality
        It check it quite often daily, it's a great place to discuss Basketball with fellow fans. When the offseason starts and free agency dies down, I do become disappointed as there is little to talk about basketball or the Pacers in general.
        No games to talk about, but we could talk prospects for the upcoming draft
        Smothered Chicken!

Comment

• MagicRat
          ENABEABLER
          • Jan 2004

Thank you, Pacersdigestdotcom, for being a place where I can chat with Pacers fans and post stupid pictures. #ThankYouNotes
          PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Comment

• RamBo_Lamar
            • Aug 2006

This is a fun place to come and I check in often. Have learned lots from the many very knowledgeable posters
            who are much more in tune with the basketball world than I am. PD is at the top of my favorites list for sports
            websites and by far the one I visit the most. It is the only one I post on as well. Would have to say that
            reading Peck's post-game write-ups has become as much of a ritual as any other Pacers related ritual I might
            have. I would have to say though that I try to keep things in perspective, and that anything sports related is
            an entertaining diversion in my life that takes a back seat to more important priorities such as health, family,
            household responsibilities, financial responsibilities, and survival in general. In other words I really like coming
            here and participating in the Pacers online community, but would not say it is one of the most vital or
            important things in my life.
            Last edited by RamBo_Lamar; 08-09-2013, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• speakout4
              • Aug 2006

PD is also about friendship just a different type of friendship.

Comment

• dal9
                Can see thru wooden doors
                • Dec 2007

check it almost every day, often before 5 PM, but I could stop whenever I wanted

Comment

• Nuntius
                  • Jan 2012

PD is an integral part of my Internet routine. I tend to log into PD the moment I open the browser. It's a very nice place to talk about basketball and we even have an Anime thread

I don't really rank my interests so I'm not sure that I can vote but I can say that all of my interests make me into who I am so PD has played a role in it as well.
                  Originally posted by IrishPacer
                  Empty vessels make the most noise.

Comment

• Ace E.Anderson
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by RamBo_Lamar
                    This is a fun place to come and I check in often. Have learned lots from the many very knowledgeable posters
                    who are much more in tune with the basketball world than I am. PD is at the top of my favorites list for sports
                    websites and by far the one I visit the most. It is the only one I post on as well. Would have to say that
                    reading Peck's post-game write-ups has become as much of a ritual as any other Pacers related ritual I might
                    have. I would have to say though that I try to keep things in perspective, and that anything sports related is
                    an entertaining diversion in my life that takes a back seat to more important priorities such as health, family,
                    household responsibilities, financial responsibilities, and survival in general. In other words I really like coming
                    here and participating in the Pacers online community, but would not say it is one of the most vital or
                    important things in my life.
                    It's funny that I check Pecks post game write ups the day after a game way before I check out the star's "coverage".

The best thing about PD is being able to discuss everything pacers with fans that are as knowledgable and devoted as I am. I randomly found this site one day in college study table, and have been addicted ever since. Aside from Seth I could never pinpoint any of the fellow posters out of a lineup; but I enjoy every one here. I check PD multiple time daily, and it's one of the few things that can get me riled up that doesn't have to do with real-life everyday happenings.

The best thing about PD is the fact that it truly can make you forget about everything else for a little while. After every big win; there's nowhere else I'd rather be than online sharing the good times with everyone

Comment

• spazzxb
                      • Feb 2006

I pretty much always know what threads are trending here and ,especially due to tapatalk, check in a lot. sometimes threads or conversations hook me in and sometimes I lurk. Mostly I spend 1-5 minutes here a few times a day unless something hooks me in. If I am bored I take a glance along with msnbc, CNN, espn, colts.com, youtube, my flipboard app. During the season (or if something interesting is happening,),its near the top of list. I also get notifications for threads I post in. Most of my friends don't care about sports so It does fill a void missing from my real life.

Currently its helping me kill time on a roadtrip with my parents.

If the site shutdown I would mostly loose a source of entertainment. I have no real life relationships here, but I would certainly miss this place and the people here. I do have little characters associated with quite a few posters here but it would be horribly unfair to apply them to a real person.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...