X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pacer4ever
    • Aug 2010

Re: rush traded to Warriors for lou amundson

Originally posted by ilive4sports
    I never thought i would see the day where i saw people complain about trading brandon rush.
    ?? He clearly is our best backup SG IMO and if Hill goes down now were

Comment

• Sookie
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Peck
      Brandon was a victim (rightly or wrongly) of expectations. In his rookie year he had a stretch where he avg. almost 16 points a game, played a high level of defense & was very active on the floor.

This started to get everybody thinking that we had found Danny's sidekick.

It never happened. For whatever reason, be it Brandon, be it the system, be it JOB, whatever it just never happened.

I hate to break this term out but frankly often times Brandon was irrelevent to the team. In other words if he played, fine. If he didn't play that night, well that was fine to as most people didn't miss him. In fact you could say a lot of people did miss him when he was on the court as often times you would forget he was there.

I know some will argue that was by design of the old coach. Maybe, I don't know though.

At best he was going to be the 9th or 10th man this season.

Maybe a fresh start for him will help as well. He can go to a system where he won't need to score so there won't be the pressure from the fans and front office for this.
      Yea, but lets be honest, fan support isn't why you trade a guy. especially when, as you said, he's more irrelevant than "hated"

personally, I think he's not as good as people thought he could be. And he's been getting bad advice. (Drive to the basket more...he's not a good ball handler..and he doesn't like to get hit...not exactly a great combo to be encouraging to drive to the basket..especially when he's such a good shooter.)

Comment

• aceace
        • Mar 2005

Re: rush traded to Warriors for lou amundson? Maybe?

Just so you know, Dale Davis was a better free throw shooter that this guy.... let the adventure begin.
        "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
        Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Comment

• PG-24
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Hicks
          Since this doesn't seem to be getting picked up by anyone else, I'm going to assume this is a false rumor until I hear otherwise.
          Well, its 2am on the east coast and was reported by a west coast source. Amundson also didnt play in todays game and hes fully healthy.

Originally posted by pacer4ever
          and a bad defender as well
          Not at all.

Comment

• BornReady
            • Nov 2009

Maybe this trade is best for both parties. Rush clearly was not doing too well on the Pacers - maybe he needs a change in scenery. Perhaps Indy will benefit more from Amundson's presence.

I do hope this means we sign Redd to a small contract.
            Peck is basically omniscient when it comes to understanding how the minds of Herb Simon and Kevin Pritchard work. I was a fool to ever question him and now feel deep shame for not understanding that this team believes in continuity above talent.

Comment

• Psyren
              Batman's New Side Kick
              • Aug 2008

Good deal. Nobodys asking Amundson to play big minutes, but he's there if you need him.

Best for both parties. I trust Larry will shore up that backup 3 spot as well
              Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Comment

• Day-V
                Shooting for the Moon
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by aceace
                Just so you know, Dale Davis was a better free throw shooter that this guy.... let the adventure begin.
                How dare you take Dale Davis' name in vain.

Originally posted by Psyren
                Good deal. Nobodys asking Amundson to play big minutes, but he's there if you need him.

It'll be a big relief for Foster. Allows him to rest up on the 2nd night of back-to-backs. Allows him to be more fresh come playoff time.

Comment

• Ratking
                  Born Heady
                  • Mar 2011

I loved Amundson when he was with the Suns. I don't know where his game has gone since then, but he will contribute more to the team than rush.
                  https://soundcloud.com/geoclipse

Comment

• Peck
                    Administrator
                    • Jan 2004

?? He clearly is our best backup SG IMO and if Hill goes down now were
                    I feel far more comfortable in the back court than I do up front. God help us is Roy rolls an ankle.

Hill, Jones & hell even Price can fill in at the backup 2.

Up front we have Roy, the 50 year old Jeff Foster & who?

I've seen Lou play many times and he is more than capable of playing the backup center spot.

Remember guys backup centers in the NBA aren't all 7' 280lb monsters, most of them are either lanky power forwards or as in Lou's shorter but stronger players.

He is not going to make or break our team, but then again neither was Brandon and obviously the front office has been doing everything in their power over the past two seasons to all but give this guy away.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Comment

• pacer4ever
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Sookie
                      Yea, but lets be honest, fan support isn't why you trade a guy. especially when, as you said, he's more irrelevant than "hated"

personally, I think he's not as good as people thought he could be. And he's been getting bad advice. (Drive to the basket more...he's not a good ball handler..and he doesn't like to get hit...not exactly a great combo to be encouraging to drive to the basket..especially when he's such a good shooter.)
                      This! Again fans over expect there own player. Not every player is gonna be a star or even a starter you need to have role players and Rush was a very good one. A guy who plays great defense and gives you 8ppg and will knock down an open jumper he never should put the ball down on the floor that isnt his game. He should either come off screens or be the corner option like a Bruce Bowen.

I can tell you one thing come playoff time we are gonna miss him. If we have to face the Heat or really any team with decent perimeter players we are gonna suffer from not having an extra body to throw at them in Rush. Micheal Redd will have to do instead : puke: or maybe Lance would have to guard Rip Hamilton Or better yet Danaty who will be a black hole on offense (and thats just being nice) with not as good of defense. I am not taking into account the possibility of an injury. Just this trade.

Comment

• Day-V
                        Shooting for the Moon
                        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Peck
                        Remember guys backup centers in the NBA aren't all 7' 280lb monsters, most of them are either lanky power forwards or as in Lou's shorter but stronger players.

Was watching some old Pacers/Knicks games from the 90's a few days ago. There were times where they'd have AD covering Ewing. AD was 6'9, 215. Held his own.

Comment

• Naptown_Seth
                          NaptownSeth is all feel
                          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by ilive4sports
                          I never thought i would see the day where i saw people complain about trading brandon rush.
                          Well I like Brandon's game. The last thing the team needs is Jones doing his black hole. It's ironic to me that people want a non-aggressive offense player to be aggressive when it comes at the expense of - Granger, Roy, West, George, Tyler, Collison and Hill who should all be doing the bulk of the scoring.

Oh no, if Brandon only scores 6 then how can the other 7 guys scoring more than him on average carry the team. I don't know how we can win with 18, 16, 16, 14, 12, 10, and 10 coming each night from those guys. That's 96 points there. Say I overstated Roy by 1 or 2 PPG, maybe Hill or DC are more like 8-9 per night. That's still in the high 80s so that the 4-6 a night you get from Foster, Rush and Pendergraph more than cover the rest.

Or you can have Jones actually take 4-6 points FROM another Pacer while not scoring himself.

I'm not even a Lance believer, but I'd rather see the ball in Lance's hands trying to create for someone else.

Mayo I'd take because you'd change Hill's role and shift some of his points to Mayo to get to 10-12 from the backup SG.

Comment

• Peck
                            Administrator
                            • Jan 2004

This! Again fans over expect there own player. Not every player is gonna be a star or even a starter you need to have role players and Rush was a very good one. A guy who plays great defense and gives you 8ppg and will knock down an open jumper he never should put the ball down on the floor that isnt his game. He should either come off screens or be the corner option like a Bruce Bowen.

I can tell you one thing come playoff time we are gonna miss him. If we have to face the Heat or really any team with decent perimeter players we are gonna suffer from not having an extra body to throw at them in Rush. Micheal Redd will have to do instead : puke: or maybe Lance would have to guard Rip Hamilton Or better yet Danaty who will be a black hole on offense (and thats just being nice) with not as good of defense. I am not taking into account the possibility of an injury. Just this trade.
                            I mean I guess you certainly are entitled to your opinion I guess I just never new you thought this highly of Rush.

Look at it like this, maybe out there he can get a fresh start.

To me I just don't care enough about Brandon Rush to really care. On the other hand if you go back over the past three seasons you will see where I have been trying to get Lou here.

Yes, I am well aware of his weaknesses but what he brings is something that I think we still lack a little bit of.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Comment

• Bball
                              Jimmy did what Jimmy did
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Day-V
                              There were times where they'd have AD covering Ewing. AD was 6'9, 215.

Huh?
                              Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Comment

• Psyren
                                Batman's New Side Kick
                                • Aug 2008

Some of you (me included) wanted Reggie Evans. Amundson is the same exact player. No offensive game whatsoever, cant shoot FT's, but a good rebounder and a pretty good defender.

For the limited minutes he'll get, I like this deal.

Talk about tenacious. Hansbrough, Foster, Amundson, Pendergraph
                                Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Comment

Working...