Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trophy
    replied
    Re: can someone tell me

We started off giving Tyler and Paul consistent minutes with Josh still in the rotation and starting.

Everyone and mostly the younger guys were playing well with each other and then every began to slip and no one was passing the ball or moving without it as much and then Tyler and Paul were benched and the team started slacking.

Leave a comment:

• PacerDude
    replied

Sure has all the symptoms of a team quitting on their coach.

Leave a comment:

• Unclebuck
    replied

The defense didn't start going downhill until the most recent road trip or maybe a few games before that. It was still good through December. Just speaking of the defense, what has happended is what I feared. As the team started losing more often the defense would fall apart and it has.

Maybe I misunderstood able's question, but isn't he asking why we started 9-7 and then fell off a cliff?

Leave a comment:

• k_lewis93
    replied

Originally posted by spazzxb
    I hope so.
    Me too

Leave a comment:

• spazzxb
    replied

Originally posted by k_lewis93
    So will Hibbert ever get it back?
    I hope so.

Leave a comment:

• spazzxb
    replied

Originally posted by sportfireman
    I'm blaming this on the coach also. For not sticking with those guys. Just like last season. Stop tinkering and give the players time to gel and be a cohesive group.
    Collison, Granger, and Hibbert have been the starters all year. Rush and Dunleavy shared the sg position the entire first half of the season(and alot of people don't like either of them). What I am asking is if there something other than Josh that you are referring to?

Leave a comment:

• k_lewis93
    replied

So will Hibbert ever get it back?

Leave a comment:

• Eleazar
    replied

Originally posted by xIndyFan
    sorry i disagree. i think this is poor analogy. because the golf putter and course do not make active changes to defend the golfer. the NBA coaches and scouts do. teams have adjusted to roy. brad miller was the first to discover that you can shove roy out of position. as soon as that tape hit the rest of the league, roy stopped being effective. he needs to figure out what to do next. or become a backup big. and the pacers need to sign marc gasol. or al jefferson. or someone that can play the 5.
    Yes teams adjusted, but they didn't completely revamp their rotation or style. Adjusting is usually something small, minor, and barely noticeable to the untrained eye. Making sweeping changes to your whole strategy is not simply just adjusting, they might as well had a coaching change.

Leave a comment:

• xIndyFan
    replied

Originally posted by McKeyFan
    This is a somewhat prevalent opinion among the JOB apologists. But I'm not so into it.

Taking a golf analogy, it's like a player who's won 15 tournaments switching putters after two bad tournaments. Bad idea. Stick with what brought you success and work through difficulties.
    sorry i disagree. i think this is poor analogy. because the golf putter and course do not make active changes to defend the golfer. the NBA coaches and scouts do. teams have adjusted to roy. brad miller was the first to discover that you can shove roy out of position. as soon as that tape hit the rest of the league, roy stopped being effective. he needs to figure out what to do next. or become a backup big. and the pacers need to sign marc gasol. or al jefferson. or someone that can play the 5.

Leave a comment:

• McKeyFan
    replied

Originally posted by xIndyFan
    other teams adjusted to stop what the pacers were doing. other teams figured out how to attack the pacer defense. and the team has not been able to find something else that works.
    This is a somewhat prevalent opinion among the JOB apologists. But I'm not so into it.

Taking a golf analogy, it's like a player who's won 15 tournaments switching putters after two bad tournaments. Bad idea. Stick with what brought you success and work through difficulties.

Leave a comment:

• xIndyFan
    replied

other teams adjusted to stop what the pacers were doing. other teams figured out how to attack the pacer defense. and the team has not been able to find something else that works.

Leave a comment:

• graphic-er
    replied

Originally posted by maragin
    The change that stands out to me is McRoberts.
    I agree, McRoberts started to jack up 3s at a more consistent level which took him away from rebounding and playing to his athleticism.

I think when your PF is a threat to drop an alley oop at anytime during the game it makes it hard for the defense to leave him to double Roy. JOB did it for them though by bringing McRoberts away from the basket.

There is also something to be said for the mentality of where you are at on the floor. When McRoberts was banging down low and rebounding he also played pretty good defense, blocking shots, boxing out, getting rebounds. Once JOB moved him away from the basket he got soft and careless on D. started fouling too much.

Leave a comment:

• maragin
    replied

The change that stands out to me is McRoberts.

Leave a comment:

• McKeyFan
    replied

Originally posted by able
    what happened to the line-up we started the season with and won all thos games with ?
    The one where guys were happy to play together, where Josh and Roy were patrolling the paint like it was their own frontyard?
    The one where we won games and where players comforted each other if they made a mistake.
    The one where we had a reborn Brandon?

Why was it changed in the first place ??

I really can't remember what happened to change it.
    No particular point was the change made. It was "the frog in the kettle" effect.

The team is the frog. The zillions of wacky substitutions is the kettle.

The cook is a book smart chef with a good pedigree who cooks exotic items that look like squiggly eyeballed creatures and taste like three day old socks. He serves it, charges a lot for it, and says: "You'll like it! If you don't it's because you're too dumb to understand."

Leave a comment:

• Mackey_Rose
    replied

Originally posted by spazzxb
    Mostly Roy's scoring. Don't know whats wrong with Brandon but its disappointing.
    Roy's scoring evaporated at the same time we made the lineup change.

Now if the lineup change was the cause or the effect has been debated, but there is no question that it certainly was coincidental.

Why we haven't gone back to what worked, in an effort to get Roy back on track, is beyond me.

Leave a comment:

Working...