X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • able
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host)
    • Jan 2004

can someone tell me

what happened to the line-up we started the season with and won all thos games with ?
    The one where guys were happy to play together, where Josh and Roy were patrolling the paint like it was their own frontyard?
    The one where we won games and where players comforted each other if they made a mistake.
    The one where we had a reborn Brandon?

Why was it changed in the first place ??

I really can't remember what happened to change it.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

• spazzxb
    • Feb 2006

Re: can someone tell me

Mostly Roy's scoring. Don't know whats wrong with Brandon but its disappointing.
    Originally posted by able
    what happened to the line-up we started the season with and won all thos games with ?
    The one where guys were happy to play together, where Josh and Roy were patrolling the paint like it was their own frontyard?
    The one where we won games and where players comforted each other if they made a mistake.

Comment

• sportfireman
      • Jul 2009

I'm blaming this on the coach also. For not sticking with those guys. Just like last season. Stop tinkering and give the players time to gel and be a cohesive group.
      I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the esteem of Elohim,
      Ephisians 4: 32 And be kind towards one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as Elohim also forgave you in Messiah.

Comment

• BringJackBack
        • Jun 2010

We stopped playing defense, Danny quit on his 1st team all-defense attempt, Brandon started playing bad, Roy started playing terri-bad, Josh got pulled for no reason at all, we have quit running in transition, the players have quit on the coach and tuned him out, and most importantly teams are out coaching us while Jim is making horrid mistakes during games..

..Like last night we played a zone to pack the paint against Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu, Jameer Nelson, and Gilbert Arenas and they hit somewhere in the area code of 50% on threes... While Dwight Howard still had 19 points on 50% shooting.

The game before that, we left Melo WIDE open and he hit six threes on us. Then, during the Golden State game, we left Rush on Monta Ellis and he had no business guarding him because he was too quick.. George should have guarded him. During the Clippers game when Blake dropped 47 on us, we didn't double him a single time the whole game.

The coaching gameplan has become THAT bad.
        Last edited by BringJackBack; 01-27-2011, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• Mackey_Rose
          Droppin' knowledge, yo.
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by spazzxb
          Mostly Roy's scoring. Don't know whats wrong with Brandon but its disappointing.
          Roy's scoring evaporated at the same time we made the lineup change.

Now if the lineup change was the cause or the effect has been debated, but there is no question that it certainly was coincidental.

Why we haven't gone back to what worked, in an effort to get Roy back on track, is beyond me.

Comment

• McKeyFan
            Intuition over Integers
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by able

No particular point was the change made. It was "the frog in the kettle" effect.

The team is the frog. The zillions of wacky substitutions is the kettle.

The cook is a book smart chef with a good pedigree who cooks exotic items that look like squiggly eyeballed creatures and taste like three day old socks. He serves it, charges a lot for it, and says: "You'll like it! If you don't it's because you're too dumb to understand."
            "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference

Comment

• maragin
              Tyrant
              • Nov 2006

The change that stands out to me is McRoberts.

Comment

• graphic-er
                I'm on a MAC!
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by maragin
                The change that stands out to me is McRoberts.
                I agree, McRoberts started to jack up 3s at a more consistent level which took him away from rebounding and playing to his athleticism.

I think when your PF is a threat to drop an alley oop at anytime during the game it makes it hard for the defense to leave him to double Roy. JOB did it for them though by bringing McRoberts away from the basket.

There is also something to be said for the mentality of where you are at on the floor. When McRoberts was banging down low and rebounding he also played pretty good defense, blocking shots, boxing out, getting rebounds. Once JOB moved him away from the basket he got soft and careless on D. started fouling too much.
                You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Comment

• xIndyFan
                  • Dec 2010

other teams adjusted to stop what the pacers were doing. other teams figured out how to attack the pacer defense. and the team has not been able to find something else that works.

Comment

• McKeyFan
                    Intuition over Integers
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by xIndyFan
                    other teams adjusted to stop what the pacers were doing. other teams figured out how to attack the pacer defense. and the team has not been able to find something else that works.
                    This is a somewhat prevalent opinion among the JOB apologists. But I'm not so into it.

Taking a golf analogy, it's like a player who's won 15 tournaments switching putters after two bad tournaments. Bad idea. Stick with what brought you success and work through difficulties.
                    "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference

Comment

• xIndyFan
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by McKeyFan
                      This is a somewhat prevalent opinion among the JOB apologists. But I'm not so into it.

Taking a golf analogy, it's like a player who's won 15 tournaments switching putters after two bad tournaments. Bad idea. Stick with what brought you success and work through difficulties.
                      sorry i disagree. i think this is poor analogy. because the golf putter and course do not make active changes to defend the golfer. the NBA coaches and scouts do. teams have adjusted to roy. brad miller was the first to discover that you can shove roy out of position. as soon as that tape hit the rest of the league, roy stopped being effective. he needs to figure out what to do next. or become a backup big. and the pacers need to sign marc gasol. or al jefferson. or someone that can play the 5.

Comment

• Eleazar
                        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by xIndyFan
                        sorry i disagree. i think this is poor analogy. because the golf putter and course do not make active changes to defend the golfer. the NBA coaches and scouts do. teams have adjusted to roy. brad miller was the first to discover that you can shove roy out of position. as soon as that tape hit the rest of the league, roy stopped being effective. he needs to figure out what to do next. or become a backup big. and the pacers need to sign marc gasol. or al jefferson. or someone that can play the 5.
                        Yes teams adjusted, but they didn't completely revamp their rotation or style. Adjusting is usually something small, minor, and barely noticeable to the untrained eye. Making sweeping changes to your whole strategy is not simply just adjusting, they might as well had a coaching change.

Comment

• k_lewis93
                          • Oct 2010

So will Hibbert ever get it back?

Comment

• spazzxb
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by sportfireman
                            I'm blaming this on the coach also. For not sticking with those guys. Just like last season. Stop tinkering and give the players time to gel and be a cohesive group.
                            Collison, Granger, and Hibbert have been the starters all year. Rush and Dunleavy shared the sg position the entire first half of the season(and alot of people don't like either of them). What I am asking is if there something other than Josh that you are referring to?

Comment

• spazzxb
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by k_lewis93
                              So will Hibbert ever get it back?
                              I hope so.

Comment

Working...