Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SaintLouisan
    • Jan 2018

Originally posted by vnzla81
    Another thing, love me some Hali but you ain’t winning s*** as long as you don’t have a player that can break down good defenses and somebody that can take the ball away from Hali in the last 5 minutes, because he is doodo when he is not running in the open court and has to play half court.
    Hali doubters, standing down and standing by

Comment

• BornIndy
      INDIANA
      • May 2013

They lost again?! Wth

Comment

• BornIndy
        INDIANA
        • May 2013

Originally posted by Trader Joe

He played with fire all tournament and got burned by it. No idea why Brunson was playing let alone starting. Same with JJJ. Kerr has to carry that blame especially when the guy with the highest rating on the whole team was Brunson's backup. Guy just is only an average coach. Luke Walton's time replacing him with the Warriors proved that. Where's Walton now? Not even a head coach anymore. Miserable showing from team USA and one that some of us (me) predicted if he continued to play Brunson who is the prototype point guard for every disappointing modern Team USA performance.
        I've been knowing Steve Kerr was a fraud even since he was too scared say anything about China.

Comment

• 712Jefferson
          • Dec 2009

Lol @ V showing up for the first time in a month to wag his finger at everybody after the tournament is over.

Letting Brooks nearly drop 40 on us was embarrassing. I do agree that Tyrese definitely needs to develop a great deal in the half-court when the game bogs down because of physicality (aka playoff basketball). He showed some progress with that last season but still has a long way to go. Overall though, he had a very good showing in the first world tournament and was easily one of Team USA's five most impactful players.

Comment

• able
            Grumpy Old Man (PD host)
            • Jan 2004

Starters were not starters to make the team better, but to given into "starting demands"
            Team was crap without Hali and the half court you call a problem only was a problem because the others went solo.

One day you'll learn it is a team game and based on talent playing the team game USA easily goes back to the m top, now it is defeated multiple times by teams playing as a team
            So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
            Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Comment

• InYaFace
              • Feb 2009

GERMANY WORLD CUP WINNERS!!! Haha, that's crazy. If I am able to witness a german team win the worldcup in BASKETBALL maybe it is really possible to see the Pacers win the NBA title one day!!! I am more confident than ever xD
              If you ask me, teams that try to build a contender with a point guard as their main guy should look closely to what Germany did there with Schroeder! Tyrese is clearly better on a pure skill level and courtvision and the NBA is way different, but Dennis really matured in a way I would have never imagined and they build a great team around him! They had a shooter in Obst that was more than just a spot up shooter, they had Voigtmann as a center that can hit the 3 and rebound an is very smart and skilled. They had Franz Wagner at SF who is not the most athletic, but he can shoot the three, get to the rim and can get hot and is still so young. Then they had Theis at PF who is just a great role player that does little bit of everything and Mo Wagner as his backup who brings tons of energy and heart and does the dirty work. They had Lo as Dennis backup, who can get hot from 3 as well and they had Bonga who brought the ball up today, rebounded and blocked shots and Johannes Thiemann is just the Vet in the room who plays smart and has a beautiful postup game and footwork and rebounds and defends. Germany was really good on defense but what stood out was that everybody had a clear role and they had ****ing lots of fun together, because this way they could trust each other to perform when one of the main guys didnt have it like when Schroeder totally underperformed in the quarterfinal. Pacers have Haliburton to start with and I am really curious how Walker will produce as he is really smart at this young age, but they are missing a good SF that can take over when Hali doesn't have it and I would love to have a pure shooter again that runs the whole time. That's gonna be the goal. I really love Nembhards game but you gotta probably package him one day to get that small forward with allstar potential...
              I don't know why I am typing all this, but Germany just won the worldcup, that in itself is so crazy I feel like living in a dream

Comment

• Ozys Nepimpis
                • Dec 2019

Congratulations to Deutschland!!!! ....Deutschland, Deutschland ?ber alles, ?ber alles in der Welt!

Comment

• Ichi
                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by InYaFace
                  GERMANY WORLD CUP WINNERS!!! Haha, that's crazy. If I am able to witness a german team win the worldcup in BASKETBALL maybe it is really possible to see the Pacers win the NBA title one day!!! I am more confident than ever xD
                  If you ask me, teams that try to build a contender with a point guard as their main guy should look closely to what Germany did there with Schroeder! Tyrese is clearly better on a pure skill level and courtvision and the NBA is way different, but Dennis really matured in a way I would have never imagined and they build a great team around him! They had a shooter in Obst that was more than just a spot up shooter, they had Voigtmann as a center that can hit the 3 and rebound an is very smart and skilled. They had Franz Wagner at SF who is not the most athletic, but he can shoot the three, get to the rim and can get hot and is still so young. Then they had Theis at PF who is just a great role player that does little bit of everything and Mo Wagner as his backup who brings tons of energy and heart and does the dirty work. They had Lo as Dennis backup, who can get hot from 3 as well and they had Bonga who brought the ball up today, rebounded and blocked shots and Johannes Thiemann is just the Vet in the room who plays smart and has a beautiful postup game and footwork and rebounds and defends. Germany was really good on defense but what stood out was that everybody had a clear role and they had ****ing lots of fun together, because this way they could trust each other to perform when one of the main guys didnt have it like when Schroeder totally underperformed in the quarterfinal. Pacers have Haliburton to start with and I am really curious how Walker will produce as he is really smart at this young age, but they are missing a good SF that can take over when Hali doesn't have it and I would love to have a pure shooter again that runs the whole time. That's gonna be the goal. I really love Nembhards game but you gotta probably package him one day to get that small forward with allstar potential...
                  I don't know why I am typing all this, but Germany just won the worldcup, that in itself is so crazy I feel like living in a dream
                  It was really fun to see live, though I admit I was pulling for Serbia a bit because their fans really showed up in Manila and brought great energy to the arena, plus who doesn't love a good underdog? Anyway, glad the team that beat USA nearly at full strength won gold. Dennis getting MVP was great to see too.

Comment

• InYaFace
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Ichi

It was really fun to see live, though I admit I was pulling for Serbia a bit because their fans really showed up in Manila and brought great energy to the arena, plus who doesn't love a good underdog? Anyway, glad the team that beat USA nearly at full strength won gold. Dennis getting MVP was great to see too.
                    Yeah I feel you, normally I tend to root for the underdog too...I mean I am a Pacers fan after all In the end I am not really rooting for Germany as a country in any sports, but this is a special achievement, because basketball really is a freaking sideshow in Germany and this team was really what any sportsfan would romantically call a TEAM. They played their game, they supported each other even after things got heated during the timeout betwenn Dennis, Theis and the coach and they have really good players at every position that contributed in different ways. For me personally thats just beautiful team sports, when every player is unique in their role and plays hard and together they succeed. I am not that big into heroeball and all that alpha dog mentality. I mean Dennis has that mentality, but he really matured over the last years. He went from being an isolation type player to actually leading a team to the championship. They really trusted each other, that was not just a fake thing like when they interview guys at the start of training camp ;-)

Comment

• 31andonly
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Ozys Nepimpis
                      Congratulations to Deutschland!!!! ....Deutschland, Deutschland ?ber alles, ?ber alles in der Welt!
                      Not cool. That's the first verse of the hymn which was used by the Nazis and which is no longer performed in Germany nowadays due to its dark history.

Comment

Working...