Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • owl
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Kemo
    With Haliburton , we have on our team , a slightly shorter modern day showtime Magic Johnson , except Ty can actually shoot 3's VERY well ...

That jump , between the legs ally-oop pass was the sickest thing I have seen in an actual game for awhile... was incredible
    I agree with the analogy. Now let us think about
    what does Haliburton need around him on the Pacers
    to make him a threat like the Lakers used to be.
    Run and gun needs some defense and rebounding
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Comment

• able
      Grumpy Old Man (PD host)
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kemo
      I am also hearing Haliburton got promoted to starter on team usa
      source please.
      So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
      Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Comment

• BornIndy
        INDIANA
        • May 2013

Damn USA...funny how all the NBA players were trying to clown Noah Lyles about the world champ stuff, even Haliburton was too. They couldn't even win a little tournament against the world.

Comment

• 712Jefferson
          • Dec 2009

Germany played some amazing team ball. Our lack of size hurt us again (Jackson, the starting center and reigning DPOY had only 3 rebounds) but we also got abused on the perimeter with their screens. Hali's had a great tournament overall but also struggled today on defense. Canada lost to Serbia as well, so US will play Canada for 3rd place, which should be an entertaining game.

Side note, completely forgot that we finished 7th in the 2019 World Cup and also forgot that Myles Turner was on that team.

Comment

• dal9
            Can see thru wooden doors
            • Dec 2007

didnt watch but hali had best +/- and brunson worst

Comment

• dal9
              Can see thru wooden doors
              • Dec 2007

us canada should be fun tho

Comment

• Dece
                Tough Out Aficionado
                • Oct 2007

Seems the players cared about as much about this tournament as I did.

Comment

• DeS
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Dece
                  Seems the players cared about as much about this tournament as I did.
                  They actually cared a lot. They are simply not good enough. They are just not the best team in this tournament.
                  I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

Comment

• Motion Offense
                    Lawyer Morty
                    • Apr 2019

Originally posted by BornIndy
                    Damn USA...funny how all the NBA players were trying to clown Noah Lyles about the world champ stuff, even Haliburton was too. They couldn't even win a little tournament against the world.
                    We did send over like the 3rd team over there. Most of the players won’t make the Olympic’s squad.

Comment

• DeS
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Motion Offense

We did send over like the 3rd team over there. Most of the players won’t make the Olympic’s squad.
                      The USA sent the best team they could gather. All other countries did the same. It's not like other teams had their best players. Best players like Jokic, Sabo and others didn't join national teams.
                      I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

Comment

• 712Jefferson
                        • Dec 2009

Our guys cared and they played hard. Anybody that says otherwise didn't actually watch the games. They were outplayed against Lithuania and Germany. Both of those teams were more physical and well rounded. Also, while we definitely didn't send our "best of the best", don't act like this was the reject squad either. The Pacers would kill to have most of these guys in their starting lineup.

Comment

• SaintLouisan
                          • Jan 2018

Team USA had multiple All-Stars, the reigning DPOY, and a couple guys who will very likely be All-Stars (and All-NBA) soon. The rest of the world has just gotten better. People will surely rip on these kids, but they played hard and got beaten by some good teams. This is not some big shame, it’s not the 70s anymore.

Comment

• InYaFace
                            • Feb 2009

WOOOOOHOOOO Germany for the W!!! That is the best german team to ever play, even though nobody in Germany cares because we are a ****ing soccer country... But that was a really nice game, two Pacers players playing in it was the icing on the cake for me!

German broadcasters were talking a lot about Haliburton and how good he is and that he gives USA way more options and changes the game and makes it fluid. Hali played really good this tournament but wasn't that good today. To be fair, I don't know why Kerr put him on Obst?! I mean sorry guys, in this NBA Andi Obst (who comes from my german town btw ;-) ) could easily play on an NBA team with his perfect shootingstroke, passing and moving abilities. You could compare him to a Rip Hamilton or even a shorter Reggie in style of play today and Hali had to chase a running shooter every time he stepped on the floor in this game...I think thats a really bad matchup for him! On the other side, it could really be a valuable learning experience having to guard such a guy in such a game and athmosphere. Obst completely took Hali out of his shoes right at the and with a freaking simple pump fake and Hali slid to the ground watching him nailing the dagger...that was kinda embarassing but also something he will definitley learn from. The games I was watching, I was really impressed with Haliburtons defense and am really looking forward to next season!!!

Lets talk about the other Pacer for a moment: Daniel Theis had a freaking good game and is just a winning role player with character! He and Schr?der playing together since they are 13 also helps ;-) If I was Toronto I would definitley see if I could get him via trade since they will start Dennis next year.

To be fair, Germany has their A+ Team in this tournament, that's why they are so deep and good. But then again, Germany never won **** in Basketball so this is historic for our country!
                            Go Theis, let's get gold for Indy

Comment

• InYaFace
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SaintLouisan
                              Team USA had multiple All-Stars, the reigning DPOY, and a couple guys who will very likely be All-Stars (and All-NBA) soon. The rest of the world has just gotten better. People will surely rip on these kids, but they played hard and got beaten by some good teams. This is not some big shame, it’s not the 70s anymore.
                              They are a really young team and someone stated it before, the bigs of the US are pretty meh! I mean they had to choose a rookie to play...Banchero is nice and all but defensivley he is bad (needs time) and his freethrow% is bad too. JJJ is also pretty young and inexperienced in big moments. If the US could have any kind of consistency in the players, they could develop this young squad into a really deadly team to play for their country, but this will be hard since they need to pick those players who are open to scratch their individual summer for playing the Fiba WC. Look at Germany, they basically played the same team that won bronze medal last Eurobasket. They developed really good chemistry and got better this year.

Comment

• BornIndy
                                INDIANA
                                • May 2013

Originally posted by Motion Offense

That's still a sorry excuse. You're talking like Germany has a bunch of superstars. Or Lithuania for that matter.

Comment

Working...