Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timid
    replied
    Re: Paul George Needs A Huge Game...

Hey, hey now...Might as well keep it going...Asked for it in game 6. Got the big game in game 7....Hope he comes out and sets the tone and quiets down all this talk of Ariza shutting him down...

Leave a comment:

• BlueNGold
    replied

Paul George needs the summer to come quick...to work on his security system at home and get some counseling on how to make better decisions.

Leave a comment:

• ilive4sports
    replied

Sadly we probably do need a 40 point game from PG to come away with the win. He's capable of it, no doubt. Its terrible though because he's had a fantastic series himself.

Leave a comment:

• timid
    replied

Originally posted by Ace E.Anderson
    If we want to try and get Lance going we have to continue to give him the ball of back cuts, ball reversals, etc. He needs the ball in situations where he only needs to take 2-3 dribbles to get to the cup. Otherwise, we may see some bad shot attempts like we did last game
    I agree with you here...They should post Lance up against Korver also...

Leave a comment:

• TinManJoshua
    replied

Originally posted by Trader Joe
    My browser tab cuts this thread title off so it just says "Paul George Needs A Hug"
    Be careful when you go in for the embrace, with all the rumors swirling around it sounds like if you try to hug him it will always end in penetration.

Leave a comment:

• khaos01207
    replied

Originally posted by Trader Joe
    My browser tab cuts this thread title off so it just says "Paul George Needs A Hug"
    Also true.

Leave a comment:

• Trader Joe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ace E.Anderson
    replied

Originally posted by Sollozzo
    Hoping for 30-35 points from PG is a lot to ask of him. He's just not yet experienced enough to deliver those kind of games in the playoffs on call. He's certainly capable of doing it, but it's just too early to expect it. I'd much rather have him score in the mid 20's with smart shot selection.

What we need is PG in the mid 20's with smart shot selection, 2/3 of West/Lance/Hill to have big games, and Watson + Scola/Turner.
    This is why we were dangerous last year in the playoffs. PG would get his 22, then the West/Lance/Hill would fill out the rest of the scoring with a combined 40 points or so. When PG tries to put too much on his shoulders offensively, we really struggle. He's just not that type of player and is at his best when he focuses on being that all-around monster that he is.

Leave a comment:

• ThA HoyA
    replied

The team needs to win that FT battle can't lose the 3 point and the free throws battle.

Leave a comment:

• Ace E.Anderson
    replied

Originally posted by CJ Jones
    Thank you. For the life of me I can't understand why we haven't attempted to take advantage of the mismatches Lance has out there. He can either iso or post any defender they have guarding him. The Thunder have two of the best players in the world, but who did their coach give the ball to in crunch time with their season on the line?? Reggie friggin' Jackson. Why?? Because Mike Miller can't guard him, and that was their best matchup at the time. NBA basketball 101: recognize and take advantage of mismatches.

Vogel can't coach offense for ****.
    As well as that has worked for a game, Jackson is shooting horribly in the playoffs. You can only try to exploit a perceived mismatch so much before it completely takes you out of your offense.

Lance has taken the second most FGA/gm on the team during the playoffs - so it's not like he isn't getting enough looks out there. In fact I think Lance has done much better when he's played within the offense and gotten the ball on the move as opposed to trying to take Korver one-on-one.

Korver has good defensive principles (from his days with Thibs in Chicago) and he isn't letting Lance get to his right hand with an open lane. This is why he's taking 5 3's per game (way too many) In addition to all of that, we can't space the floor quite like OKC because nobody is hitting from outside except PG and CJ.

If we want to try and get Lance going we have to continue to give him the ball of back cuts, ball reversals, etc. He needs the ball in situations where he only needs to take 2-3 dribbles to get to the cup. Otherwise, we may see some bad shot attempts like we did last game

Leave a comment:

• Steagles
    replied

I think tonight is the night the beast is unleashed. I think Paul will drop 35 and 10. I have the Pacers in a blowout tonight.

My prediction of a 10 point loss in game 5 was spot on (albeit it took a rollercoaster to get there) but I just hope I'm right again.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Awesome
    replied

Originally posted by Unclebuck
    He's already had 4 huge games.

But you are probably correct he needs two more to win this series.
    He has had 4 very good games, but we haven't seen him just become unstoppable. Even when he is scoring efficiently, he isn't forcing his will upon the Hawks.

Leave a comment:

• travmil
    replied

Originally posted by timid
    I agree. I feel like whoever has Korver on them should get the ball and take him to the hoop whether its PG, Lance, Hill, whoever....
    Unless it's Roy. When he goes to bed at night Roy checks his closet for Kyle Korver.

Leave a comment:

• timid
    replied

30+ tonight PG...lets go...

Leave a comment:

• timid
    replied

Originally posted by CJ Jones
    Thank you. For the life of me I can't understand why we haven't attempted to take advantage of the mismatches Lance has out there. He can either iso or post any defender they have guarding him. The Thunder have two of the best players in the world, but who did their coach give the ball to in crunch time with their season on the line?? Reggie friggin' Jackson. Why?? Because Mike Miller can't guard him, and that was their best matchup at the time. NBA basketball 101: recognize and take advantage of mismatches.

Vogel can't coach offense for ****.
    I agree. I feel like whoever has Korver on them should get the ball and take him to the hoop whether its PG, Lance, Hill, whoever....

Leave a comment:

Working...