X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Sleeze
    Eating some cranbaisins
    • Mar 2011

"On a Mission: Indiana Pacers" premieres Jan. 17th on NBATV

On a Mission: Indiana Pacers premieres Friday, Jan. 17th at 5:30pm on NBA TV. Looks like its shot in the same style as "The Association". Below is the trailer for it, looks pretty good.

I know "Sleeze" is spelled incorrectly. I spell it this way because it's based on a name.
  • Sollozzo
    • Jan 2004

Re: "On a Mission: Indiana Pacers" premieres Jan. 17th on NBATV

The Legend's comments give me goosebumps.

Comment

• Nuntius
      • Jan 2012

That's just awesome
      Originally posted by IrishPacer
      Empty vessels make the most noise.

Comment

• Heisenberg
        u bum
        • Jun 2010

get an ownership group together already Larry

Comment

• rabid
          • Jan 2004

Can't wait. It really feels like the stars are aligning this year. I can't wait to see how far this team can go.

Comment

• rabid
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Heisenberg
            No doubt.

Comment

• Pacergeek
              • Apr 2009

I'm ready to kick *** now!!!
              Being unable to close out a game in which you have a comfortable lead in the 4th Q = Pulling a Frank Vogel

Comment

• The Sleeze
                Eating some cranbaisins
                • Mar 2011

I wonder if the pacers win it all this year if Bird will stay on as President or step down. Hopefully if he decides to step down he looks into ownership.
                I know "Sleeze" is spelled incorrectly. I spell it this way because it's based on a name.

Comment

• bballpacen
                  PG is not a 4
                  • Aug 2006

Then the NBA would promply creat an award for owner of the year... And promptly give it to Legend, making him the only person to win top individual awards as a player, coach, executive & owner!!
                  Abba Zaba, your my only friend.

Comment

• DieHard
                    • Mar 2010

Is this a one time program or a series?

Comment

• The Sleeze
                      Eating some cranbaisins
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by DieHard
                      Is this a one time program or a series?
                      It is a one time 30 minute special. Below is a little more info about the program from the Pacers, I guess Reggie is narrating.

NBA TV will be airing a half-hour special on the Indiana Pacers this Friday, Jan. 17, at 5:30 p.m. EST. Hall of Famer Reggie Miller, who’ll be on the broadcast of Pacers-Knicks on Thursday, narrates the story.

The program is titled On a Mission: Indiana Pacers, fitting because coach Frank Vogel nearly every day mentions their focus and drive towards their goal — first of home-court advantage and ultimately, the franchise’s first NBA Championship. If team president Larry Bird, an Indiana native, can help do that, he says his life would be fulfilled.

“I really haven’t won anything for Indiana,” he said. “I couldn’t win in high school. I couldn’t win in college. I’d like to see this franchise make the step necessary to get back and do whatever they can to win a championship and my life would then be fulfilled. If they can win it, my life would be fulfilled, because I did something for Indiana.”

The special touches on how the identity of the team was shaped by Bird as well as coach Vogel. Paul George, Roy Hibbert, David West, and Lance Stephenson are also featured.

About three weeks ago, NBA TV sent a crew to Bankers Life Fieldhouse to get behind-the-scenes footage at practice and in both the locker room and training room. There were also cameras in the Philippines and Taiwan, where the Pacers played two preseason games.

——–

This weekend’s NBA Inside Stuff, which airs at noon EST on NBA TV, will have a feature on Roy Hibbert visiting the Paramount School of Excellence in Indianapolis. After surprising a third grade class, Hibbert had the kids share their dreams and aspirations with him.

Comment

• Sollozzo
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The Sleeze
                        I wonder if the pacers win it all this year if Bird will stay on as President or step down. Hopefully if he decides to step down he looks into ownership.
                        You never know with Bird, but I have a hard time believing that he would make a comeback for only one season. Even if they do win it all this year, I think that he's going to stick around for a couple of years. He sounds very refreshed in any article you read about him. He has to appreciate the rare opportunity that this team has over the next few years, and I think he wants to be the one calling the shots. This is his baby, so it had to be rough for him last year to watch the team with such a putrid bench when he knew he could build something better. No one knows this collection of players better than him.

Comment

• Sandman21
                          SABONIS! :(
                          • Jul 2007

Bird signed onto a multi-year deal when he returned.
                          "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "

Comment

• Sollozzo
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sandman21
                            Bird signed onto a multi-year deal when he returned.
                            Was he not under contract when he left in 2012? I forget.

I just never put too much stock into the length of contracts for coaches or GM's. If they want to leave, they'll leave. I doubt the Simons would punish him with some buyout penalty after everything he's done for the franchise.

Comment

• TMJ31
                              BOOM BABY!
                              • Mar 2004

Reggie narrating a Pacers documentary?!

TAKE MY MONEY (figuratively)

Comment

Working...