Off season poll of reflection: What place does PD play in your life?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pacerized
    • Apr 2004

Re: Off season poll of reflection: What place does PD play in your life?

Originally posted by CableKC
    Yeah....no kidding....Let's just say that my wife says that I spend way more time on this website than I should.
    My wife tells me the same thing and you have 10 times the post I have in a similar time. I think I'll use you as an example the next time she brings it up. LOL
    Why do teams tank? Ask a Spurs fan.

Comment

• Lance George
      Banned
      • Jun 2009

Family
      Friends
      Worldview
      Sex
      Politics
      Pets
      Work
      Personal Hygiene
      Pacers Digest

Comment

• Pacerized
        • Apr 2004

I left Indy in 91 and back then it seemed there were very few Pacer fans to the degree I was into them, at least I knew very few but at least there were a lot of people I knew who I could talke Pacer basketball with. Being out of state for so long I don't know any Pacer fans in my area so it's really nice to have a place to visit where you can kind of have a discussion about your favorite team. Do any of you other out of state posters no a soul where you live who is a Pacers fan?
        Why do teams tank? Ask a Spurs fan.

Comment

• RWB
          • May 2004

Originally posted by Peck
          Summer of 98, so we've been posting together for 15 years
          About the same time I started posting on the Star. I remember this because Peck about had a heart attack because of something I had posted. I took the family on a National Lampoon Vacation (drove) to Florida and on the way back we stopped off outside of Atlanta for the night. I listened to the local sports talk show and the big rumor on the radio was the Hawks making a push to get Dale Davis from the Pacers. Seriously, our good buddy Peck was in panic mode from this post by a newbie to the Indiana's Game site.
          You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Comment

• CableKC
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Pacerized
            My wife tells me the same thing and you have 10 times the post I have in a similar time. I think I'll use you as an example the next time she brings it up. LOL
            NP, use me as the "You think I spend too much time on PD, it could be worse...look at this guy" example.
            Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Comment

• I Love P
              • Jun 2008

Hands down PD is the most important thing in my life. PD is more important to me than the new job I just landed, new girlfriend I just landed, family, friends, faith and God. PD has taken over my life and actually caused a lot of heartache. I was fired from my previous job because I could not stay off my iPhone reading all the great writers on here, like Pacer4ever. My x-girlfriend dumped me because all I talked about was PD and she often complained because I would get depressed because I didn't get enough "thanks" to my post. I'm seeking immediate help because I cant afford to lose another girlfriend or job over this site. If anyone can help me or would be available to talk just DM me. I could really use some words. This site is the death of me, but I'm addicted and I would never have it any other way.

I love you PD.

Comment

• J7F
                Pacers Fan For Life
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by CableKC
                NP, use me as the "You think I spend too much time on PD, it could be worse...look at this guy" example.
                I know I just did... My wife's jaw dropped when I showed her you post count...
                Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

Comment

• thewholefnshow31
                  • Mar 2010

It is one of my most visited sites, but it is only really a diversion for me when I am just lounging around at home or taking a break from work.

Comment

• Coopdog23
                    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by thewholefnshow31
                    It is one of my most visited sites, but it is only really a diversion for me when I am just lounging around at home or taking a break from work.
                    or when there's a game
                    Smothered Chicken!

Comment

• rabid
                      • Jan 2004

I don't post here nearly as often as I used to, and I was pretty much in "full-lurk" mode during most of the JOB years. I started posting at the RATS board around 2001/2002-ish I think.

But this is one of the 5-6 sites I check multiple times per day, and I have it open pretty much all day during the 2nd half of each season.

I haven't lived in Indy since '06 so this has become pretty much the only place where I can talk to fellow Pacers fans.

Comment

• BornReady
                        • Nov 2009

Hm. I want to clarify my response (I was in the large majority)
                        I've never met anybody on PD but I really enjoy it and the interactions I've had here have been very positive. I will be completely honest PD has also gotten me through some pretty hard times - the one that sticks out most to me was after a particularly clumsy basketball play (in real life) I ruptured my achilles tendon and proceeded to have complications with the anesthetics during surgery, making it one of the longest weekends I've had in a loooong time. I came home to a very nice long thread about Troy Murphy being traded for Darren Collison, which really helped pad my pain and hurt feelings.
                        I love you guys and I love PD!
                        Peck is basically omniscient when it comes to understanding how the minds of Herb Simon and Kevin Pritchard work. I was a fool to ever question him and now feel deep shame for not understanding that this team believes in continuity above talent.

Comment

• Peck
                          Administrator
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BornReady
                          Hm. I want to clarify my response (I was in the large majority)
                          I've never met anybody on PD but I really enjoy it and the interactions I've had here have been very positive. I will be completely honest PD has also gotten me through some pretty hard times - the one that sticks out most to me was after a particularly clumsy basketball play (in real life) I ruptured my achilles tendon and proceeded to have complications with the anesthetics during surgery, making it one of the longest weekends I've had in a loooong time. I came home to a very nice long thread about Troy Murphy being traded for Darren Collison, which really helped pad my pain and hurt feelings.
                          I love you guys and I love PD!
                          That was a glorious day wasn't it. The only thing better was the day Jim (Satan) O'Brien was fired.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Comment

• Brad8888
                            Fatman the Malevolent
                            • Dec 2008

Much like having a love interest who only returns that love sporadically, I hate that I love PD so much.

Comment

• Naptown_Seth
                              NaptownSeth is all feel
                              • Jul 2006

I voted right behind family and faith, but only if you count "faith in Pacers" as the faith part. I'm more devoted to the team than PD, naturally.

It's wife, friends, Pacers, and it's a really close race between 2nd and 3rd. Also a lot of my friends are actually "Pacers friends", people I know from following the team.

Comment

• Naptown_Seth
                                NaptownSeth is all feel
                                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Peck
                                That was a glorious day wasn't it. The only thing better was the day Jim (Satan) O'Brien was fired.
                                I honestly have some slight worries that I took way too much enjoyment from that moment. I don't like to celebrate the misfortune of others, but then again when they are making everything miserable for everyone else (and I'm not talking W-L even) then I guess it makes sense.

Still JOB being fired is in my top 10 Pacers moments, next to things like 8 in 8.9, being at game 5 of the Finals, Smits miracle, game 4 vs Bird's Celtics in MSA...I think there might only be 2 other non-game moments in my top 20 list. The trade for Detlef (he was my favorite non-Pacer at the time) and when they got Jax back from Denver.

Comment

Working...