Off season poll of reflection: What place does PD play in your life?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McKeyFan
    Intuition over Integers
    • Jan 2004

Off season poll of reflection: What place does PD play in your life?

Thought it would be interesting to get some feedback on where PD falls in people's lives and their perspective on it.

For me, it is not a major priority or something I would consider important, but a very healthy and very accessible outlet for entertainment, blowing off steam, and sharpening my interactive skills.

That said, a healthy prominent vehicle of recreation probably plays a more important role in our lives than we sometimes think.
    PD is the most important thing in my life.
    5.10%
    PD is second only to family and faith.
    4.08%
    PD is right behind work, family and faith.
    15.31%
    PD is a top website I visit but only of moderate importance
    64.29%
    PD is not that important to me. Just a diversion.
    11.22%
    "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference

• kent beckley
    • May 2012

Re: Off season poll of reflection: What place does PD play in your life?

Definitely the most visited website, but lets not get crazy.

Comment

• bballpacen
      PG is not a 4
      • Aug 2006

PD is the top website I visit, and where I spend most of my time while on the net and I check this site multiple times daily. But in the overall scheme of my life, it is the not all that important.
      Abba Zaba, your my only friend.

Comment

• graphic-er
        I'm on a MAC!
        • Jan 2010

I'd like to think PD is just a symptom of my Pacer addiction.

Family-Career-Friends-Pacers
        You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Comment

• BillS
          Angry Old Poster
          • Mar 2004

PD has control of my life. I am codependent with PD. I have access to PD on every electronic device in my possession.
          BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
          Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

Comment

• kielbeze
            MVP
            • Aug 2008

Where is PD comes behind family, Pacers, faith, and right in front of work?

Comment

• Coopdog23
              THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!
              • May 2010

God, family, school/work, Indycar/Colts/Pacers
              Smothered Chicken!

Comment

• McKeyFan
                Intuition over Integers
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BillS
                PD has control of my life. I am codependent with PD. I have access to PD on every electronic device in my possession.
                "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference

Comment

• maragin
                  Tyrant
                  • Nov 2006

PD is my 6th most visited site during the regular season, 3rd most during the playoffs, and around 8th during the offseason. During the offseason, I visit less if the "squeaky wheels" are making a bunch of posts to draw attention to themselves.

Comment

• J7F
                    Pacers Fan For Life
                    • Jan 2012

I feel kind of sorry for DON'T SHOOT ME...
                    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

Comment

• SycamoreKen
                      • Jan 2004

I picked choice 3 because I am actually between it and 4 bu didn't want to lowball my answer.

Comment

• Kstat
                        Rebound King
                        • Jan 2004

...interesting why the poll has "family and faith" options, since they all imply PD being below them anyway.

Seems that you could eliminate #3 altogether, and change #2 to "PD is more important than my job."

As the years go by, PD is becoming mostly a nostalgic place for me. A lot of the guys I started out here with are becoming less and less frequent, so by default I've become more a lurker and less of an active member.

I suppose I wouldn't have ever taken those two trips to Indianapolis 7-8 years ago had it not been for PD, nor would I have seen Indianapolis or Conseco (yes i still call it that), or met up personally with several posters here for various reasons (some not even related to basketball), all of which turned out to be really nice individuals. Hell, I got to sit a few rows behind Michael Jordan at a Bobcats game (indirectly) because of PD, which is something I'll never forget.

In retrospect, PD actually has made a small impact on my life, if only for the interesting people I've met and the places I was steered towards because of the ten years I've spent here. I don't think my life itself has been impacted in any major way, but I do feel that it's been enriched just a little.
                        Last edited by Kstat; 08-07-2013, 02:41 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
                        Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
                        NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Comment

• Psyren
                          Batman's New Side Kick
                          • Aug 2008

I visit multiple times a day via tapatalk on my phone
                          Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Comment

• Coopdog23
                            THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!
                            • May 2010

PD gives me a chance to vent my frustrations and gives me a chance to tell what I think. It's great for me to have it for when I need it or when I am bored on the web
                            Smothered Chicken!

Comment

• McKeyFan
                              Intuition over Integers
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kstat
                              ...interesting why the poll has "family and faith" options, since they all imply PD being below them anyway.

Seems that you could eliminate #3 altogether, and change #2 to "PD is more important than my job."
                              I sort of threw it up there. I didn't feel like taking all day to compose it, and once you do it, it is incorrectable. Mainly I was trying to start some good commentary which you provide below:

As the years go by, PD is becoming mostly a nostalgic place for me. A lot of the guys I started out here with are becoming less and less frequent, so by default I've become more a lurker and less of an active member.

I suppose I wouldn't have ever taken those two trips to Indianapolis 7-8 years ago had it not been for PD, nor would I have seen Indianapolis or Conseco (yes i still call it that), or met up personally with several posters here for various reasons (some not even related to basketball), all of which turned out to be really nice individuals. Hell, I got to sit a few rows behind Michael Jordan at a Bobcats game (indirectly) because of PD, which is something I'll never forget.

In retrospect, PD actually has made a small impact on my life, if only for the interesting people I've met and the places I was steered towards because of the ten years I've spent here. I don't think my life itself has been impacted in any major way, but I do feel that it's been enriched just a little.
                              I agree with both of these comments (in bold). I visit the site several times a day, and have since it was founded. It's definitely a healthy diversion. (God knows there are plenty of unhealthy ones.)

And the cast of characters is awesome.
                              Last edited by McKeyFan; 08-07-2013, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...