CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heisenberg
    u bum
    • Jun 2010

CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

The Pacers' agreement with forward David West on a three-year, $36-million deal on Tuesday coincided with ongoing exploration of possible trades for Danny Granger and Gerald Green, league sources said. Teams have been anticipating that the Pacers would be inclined to move one or both of them, especially if they re-signed West. The Pacers, who also have reached an agreement with backup point guard C.J. Watson, have to clear future room under the tax threshold as they plan for giving long-term deals to Paul George and Lance Stephenson.

Despite the Pacers' desire to find a destination for the often-injured Granger and Green, they're finding "no market" for either player at the moment, one rival executive said.
    I kind of hope they don't find a taker for Danny, we win a ring, then send him out right.
  • 5_7_Clash
    Obviously ur not a golfer
    • Aug 2010

Pacers make Granger available - Ken Berger CBS

The Pacers' agreement with forward David West on a three-year, $36-million deal on Tuesday coincided with ongoing exploration of possible trades for Danny Granger and Gerald Green, league sources said. Teams have been anticipating that the Pacers would be inclined to move one or both of them, especially if they re-signed West. The Pacers, who also have reached an agreement with backup point guard C.J. Watson, have to clear future room under the tax threshold as they plan for giving long-term deals to Paul George and Lance Stephenson.

Despite the Pacers' desire to find a destination for the often-injured Granger and Green, they're finding "no market" for either player at the moment, one rival executive said.
    Apologies if this is already posted.

Comment

• cdash
      Whale Shepherd
      • Jun 2009

Re: Pacers make Granger available - Ken Berger CBS

I, for one, am shocked there is no market for Gerald Green.

Comment

• Psyren
        Batman's New Side Kick
        • Aug 2008

Nice find. Hadn't seen it posted.

But no real news. We already knew we've been shopping both, but I doubt we find a taker on either (Granger needs to prove he's healthy, and Gerald, well, sucks).
        Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Comment

• presto123
          • Dec 2010

Pacers are throwing a kink into the plans of much of PD if another team takes the bait.

Comment

• khaos01207
            ^v^
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by cdash
            I, for one, am shocked there is no market for Gerald Green.
            I see no green font, why?
            #LanceEffect

Comment

• khaos01207
              ^v^
              • Jul 2012

Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

Originally posted by Heisenberg
              http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ke...nger-available

I kind of hope they don't find a taker for Danny, we win a ring, then send him out right.
              Yeah that was my thought on it... Danny was here for all the ****** losing years right after the event that shall not be named, and he was a leading scorer on a hopeless team coached by he who shall not be named... Dude deserves to come and win the ring with us next year.
              #LanceEffect

Comment

• Sollozzo
                • Jan 2004

At this point, I don't see how we could get another team to bite on Granger without us taking on some awful contracts in return. In that case, we might as well see what we have in him this season and just let the contract expire.

Comment

• gummy
                  I don't even know anymore
                  • Aug 2006

Might as well put it out there just in case something crazy happens (we all know that GM's lose their **** from time to time). I doubt the FO is really expecting much to come of it, or that we'll take on poo platters just to move them.
                  "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

Comment

• cdash
                    Whale Shepherd
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by khaos01207
                    I see no green font, why?
                    Didn't think it was necessary. Besides, the Nuggets should be taking a hard look at Gerald Green. Think about it: Pairing up JaVale McGee and Gerald Green? Bar none, two of the most athletically gifted players in the league who just so happen to be the two dumbest players in the league. Unintentional comedy potential through the roof.

Comment

• Psyren
                      Batman's New Side Kick
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by gummy

Might as well put it out there just in case something crazy happens (we all know that GM's lose their **** from time to time). I doubt the FO is really expecting much to come of it, or that we'll take on poo platters just to move them.
                      Id gladly take a poo poo platter to move Gerald
                      Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Comment

• khaos01207
                        ^v^
                        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by cdash
                        Didn't think it was necessary. Besides, the Nuggets should be taking a hard look at Gerald Green. Think about it: Pairing up JaVale McGee and Gerald Green? Bar none, two of the most athletically gifted players in the league who just so happen to be the two dumbest players in the league. Unintentional comedy potential through the roof.
                        That would be fantastic.
                        #LanceEffect

Comment

• Revikan
                          • Jul 2010

Does this mean they havent got any offers? Or they are asking to much so they havent got any offers?

Reason I ask this, no team would give a 2nd round pick for green?

Comment

• Heisenberg
                            u bum
                            • Jun 2010

There's really limited options to do anything that makes sense. Maybe one of the teams that's chasing Dwight misses out and says "screw it, it's one year, take this Green guy and see if Granger's still got it for a year." Or you're taking back significant salary that, if it isn't on big expiring deals, complicates next summer even more, a package like that would be really hard to find.

Honestly, I don't really see the point in trying to trade Danny this offseason given the qualifiers. Unless they're trying to dump him for free basically and do something really crazy.

Comment

• Will Galen
                              Pacer Junky
                              • Jan 2004

I don't know why you guys are believing this report, Green of course, but Bird said he's not trading Danny.

Comment

Working...