Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Odd Thoughts: Round 1 Game 2 2013 NBA playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Thoughts: Round 1 Game 2 2013 NBA playoffs

Things I never thought I would type.

1. Our bench was a key contributor to a Pacers playoff victory.
    2. Gerald Green was actually useful.
    3. Jeff Pendergraph outplayed David West.
    4. The best dunk of the night was a high flying Roy Hibbert.

I feel confident in saying that any one of the above could be a sign of an upcoming apocalypse but when all are typed at once you have the recipe for a game 2 dominating victory over the Atlanta Hawks.

I’m not going to lie, I had no idea we would beat them as badly and frankly as easily as we have so far. I’m not counting the series over yet, believe me we get game three it’s over, but I’ll play it safe and say they are still in this. But honestly over the years we have struggled so badly against this team that to beat them the way we have the past two game is quit stunning actually.

The fact that we have done this with David West being all but M.I.A. is astounding. Think about that for a min. how many games this year have we absolutely had to have David West put the team on his back and win the game for us and so far in both of these games he has been beyond sub par.

I feel somewhat bad for Larry Drew that this is the team he has been dealt, I’m not sure if he is even a competent coach or not but I can tell you the body language he has to deal with from some of his upper echelon players is stunning.

Al Horford for whatever reason is on the verge of a psychotic break, I have a feeling that the physical play is starting to wear thin on him.

Josh Smith seems perfectly content to be in foul trouble because it means he has to spend less time on the floor.

Kyle Korver has had a perpetual “what the hell am I supposed to do about that” look on his face in trying to deal with Granger.

Devin Harris, despite decent stats, looks as though he is ready for a nap.

Jeff Teague is the only starter who appears engaged but then I keep reminding myself that he is playing for a contract.

In other words the two games in Indianapolis would not have made me feel very good about myself if I were a Hawk fan, however since there are no real Hawk fans in the world I’m not sure anyone cares.

I’ll share here a story I tweeted out during the game just to show you what poor Larry Drew has to deal with.

Between the 3rd & 4th quarters as we all know Boomer and the power pack do a dunk routine, have for years. So tonight local comedian Mike Epps was in the house and helping out Boomer with his routine, meanwhile Larry Drew is vigorously drawing up plays to try and stem the Pacers run. Josh Smith honest to God has his back to the huddle and is watching Boomer & Epps. Not casually gazing at them in amusement but watching the entire routine from beginning to end. My first thought was okay he’s not in the game so he doesn’t feel the need to pay attention. Then when the quarter starts he is back in the lineup.

Yea, I really want a player like that here. Thanks but no thanks.

So there really is a part of me that wonders if we are really playing that well or if the fact of the matter is we are really playing a bad team. It doesn’t matter btw, because you play who you are assigned to play. It is however a huge testament to Roy Hibbert because just 3 short seasons ago he couldn’t play with Horford at all. In fact it was one of the most embarrassing matchups in the NBA, but now not only has Roy been able to hold his own frankly Al no longer can handle Roy.

Also like in game one we will talk about a player who made the difference tonight even though he wasn’t the star of the game, which once again had to go to Paul George.

But Jeff Pendergraph came off of the bench tonight and provided energy and defense as well as some offense. He just plays so physically when he is in there that while he isn’t in Tyler’s category in drawing the ire of the opposition he certainly can get under their skin as well. As witnessed to the near melt down of Al Horford after Pendy gave him a solid playoff foul. But what was the single most amazing thing tonight for me was a sequence in the 3rd quarter where Horford got the ball on the right baseline and was set up with his back to the basket for a post up move. Jeff stopped him cold, I mean dead in his tracks. He couldn’t back Jeff down and he ended up settling for an off balance jumper that came up short leading to Jeff getting the board.

So while Green and D.J. deserve some props for their contributions, tonight I think the big bench player was Jeff Pendergraph.

It’s funny how once again Tyler had a solid game but because others had a better offensive game his game doesn’t seem as important as it was the other night although IMO once again on defense he was a stud.

Let’s do some grades:

Paul George: A+

All he does is everything. No he didn’t have the triple double tonight but I’m telling you his defense tonight was better than it was the first game and it was damn good the first game. There was one shot in the second half where Devin Harris drove the lane for what was going to be a layup but here comes Paul George and because he saw him coming he put about a 90 degree angle on the shot that ended up about 3 feet short of the basket. Paul will be credited with nothing for that play but I can assure you that was every bit as much of a blocked shot as a blocked shot is. He had the mid range game hopping tonight so when that is going he is just killer. Also to tell you how the rest of the team was going tonight he had a good alley oop dunk that would normally be a highlight all by itself. But due to other huge dunks his shot is an after thought. I’m sure he’ll live with the win though and not cry over not getting top 10 on the dunk reel.

David West: C-

Yea it’s harsh but then again so has his game been. I really bumped up his grade to be honest with you because of that outlet pass he threw for Green’s 3rd quarter ending dunk. That was a picture perfect pass btw. But other than that his game just wasn’t there and he hasn’t had a good playoff series at all yet. Which actually gives me some hope because as I said before earlier in the year if he was having a bad game we were doomed. So far he has had a bad series and it hasn’t mattered yet. We all know he will come out of this and if there is anyone I am NOT worried about it is David West.

Roy Hibbert: A

He’s just to much for the Hawks to handle. You can look at Roy now and try and remember the skinny awkward kid who first came into the league. Right now he physically just looks like a center and he now dwarfs Al Horford in size and I don’t think Al is any stronger than Roy anymore or if he is it is not by much. His dunk on Ivan Johnson converted 12 rows up into a new religion and I’m pretty sure I heard someone speaking in tongues. Yea it was that impressive and what made it even better was that Roy acted like it was no big deal.

Lance Stephenson: I (injury)

What is funny is that from my angle Lance was called for a charge for the exact same thing that Roy got the and 1 shot for (well other than the monster dunk). He had to be carried off of the floor which at first I was concerned and then I remembered it was Lance so who knows how much show that was. But in the third quarter when he came out he was limping pretty badly so I think he was feeling the pain a little tonight. Let’s hope a day off will let him heal. I’d say if he played at the same level all game he probably was looking at a B or close to it.

George Hill: A-

It’s funny because he is kind of the forgotten Pacer in this series. I mean he has to be avg. around 20 a game in this series and yet all we ever talk about is Paul George or gush over the bench. Yet here he is hitting big shot after big shot. I think some of the problem I have had is that he is playing very well on offense yet on defense he seems to be letting Teague get wherever he wants to go. Now I will give him a break and remember that he has a hip injury so that may be the entire reason why. Still overall you have to be thrilled with his shooting so far in this series.

Tyler Hansbrough: A-

Some are going to say that this is to high a grade and if you just look at his stats you would be right. However I’m telling you this guys defense in this series is as good as its ever been and very few Pacer big men over the years have played at this high of a level defensively. He stopped Jeff Teague cold in his tracks from attempting to enter the lane on at least 3 different occasions and right after Pendy had his great defensive stand on Horford the very next trip down the floor Tyler did the same thing to him. I don’t believe in the +/- very often but there are times it does show some things and if you look at who is tied with the highest +/- in this game you can see how important Tyler was. In fact I was really wanting Frank to bring in Tyler earlier in the 3rd because of how bad I thought West was struggling.

Jeff Pendergraph: A+

Again remember I sometimes grade based on expectations and well I don’t think any of us expected Jeff to be this effective this game. I liked him as a change of pace guy but damn if he just isn’t playing on a higher level. No he wasn’t as good as Paul George but IMO you got out of him everything you needed and on both sides of the floor.

Gerald Green: A

If J.R. Smith is a poor mans Vinnie Johnson then Gerald Green tonight was a destitute man’s J.R. Smith. To quote the great prophet and tax evader Wesley Snipes “even the sun shines on a dogs *** someday”. Well the sun was shining brightly in the fieldhouse tonight. I think the key to him is to never let him be in with the bench when he is looked upon to provide the offense. I think the key with him is the way Frank is using him now, he is another weapon that they have to keep an eye on and when they don’t he has so far burned them. I’m being really nice with that grade btw, because he missed so many defensive assignments that Troy Murphy was sitting at home shaking his head and thankfully we had a lead so we could trade buckets. But I wouldn’t want to do that very often and honestly I bet Frank doesn’t want to either. I am labeling this Atomic dunk # 2, he dropped “fat man” on Cleveland and he let loose “little boy” in the fieldhouse tonight.

D.J. Augustine: B

3 assists and 0 turnovers. He hit two big three’s. His defense was, well his defense but the Hawks couldn’t take advantage of it.

I’m not going to review the others, even though Sam played some solid min. tonight.

Before I leave I have to talk about the melancholy moment to start the game. It was sickening, sad, joyous, pride evoking and special all at the same time.

Danny Granger limped to half court with Paul George to present him with the KIA MIP award. They embraced and then Paul held his trophy proudly for all to see. Yea, those are two guys who just can’t stand each other and one wants the other traded.

As a Pacer fan I was proud, for many reasons. As a Danny fan I was so sad to see him walk like that. As a Paul fan I was proud of him for winning, deserving it and for not shoving his older mentor under the bus and for obviously respecting him as a player and a man.

Anyway let’s not end on any form of a downer, hell in fact I’d say two playoff wins at home deserve some dancing fruit wouldn’t you say?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Re: Odd Thoughts: Round 1 Game 2 2013 NBA playoffs

Originally posted by Peck View Post
    Kyle Korver has had a perpetual “what the hell am I supposed to do about that” look on his face in trying to deal with Granger.
    A lot of feels in this typo. A lot.

Not sure how much that Smith story about watching Boomer and local hip hop magnate Mike Epps will get picked up, but it is delightful.

I will say, though I didn't get to watch the game (stupid job!), that having Hill keep up with Teague pretty much kills their chance of outscoring us. Unless they make 15 threes or Smith/Horford drop 50+, they can't win with that matchup coming up kosher. Hill's been massive, second MVP behind PG obvi.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Peck View Post
      Between the 3rd & 4th quarters as we all know Boomer and the power pack do a dunk routine, have for years. So tonight local comedian Mike Epps was in the house and helping out Boomer with his routine, meanwhile Larry Drew is vigorously drawing up plays to try and stem the Pacers run. Josh Smith honest to God has his back to the huddle and is watching Boomer & Epps. Not casually gazing at them in amusement but watching the entire routine from beginning to end. My first thought was okay he’s not in the game so he doesn’t fill the need to pay attention. Then when the quarter starts he is back in the lineup.
      Seriously?

Originally posted by IrishPacer
      Empty vessels make the most noise.

Comment

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Paul George has been playing with an edge. He isn't just pulling down boards. The man is RIPPING them out of the air. Paul isn't just settling for 3s, he is probing and driving to the hoop.

4.5 3pointer and 12.5 FTs per game... That FT number is almost 4x higher than his season average, while the 3s are well below his season average. Ladies and gentlemen, I believe Paul George is about to make this playoffs his TRUE coming out party.

Comment

All in for dg33
            Super Bowl XLI Champions
            2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Comment

Originally posted by AesopRockOn View Post
              A lot of feels in this typo. A lot.

Not sure how much that Smith story about watching Boomer and local hip hop magnate Mike Epps will get picked up, but it is delightful.

I will say, though I didn't get to watch the game (stupid job!), that having Hill keep up with Teague pretty much kills their chance of outscoring us. Unless they make 15 threes or Smith/Horford drop 50+, they can't win with that matchup coming up kosher. Hill's been massive, second MVP behind PG obvi.

Dammit!!!!!!

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Comment

Since I didn't get to see the game I just figured they put Granger into the game crutch and all and Krover didn't know how to guard a man waving a crutch.

I was thinking, 'what a shot blocker,' however, now I understand it was a typo. Dag nab it!

(giggle, giggle, snort)
                Last edited by Will Galen; 04-25-2013, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Agree 100% on Hansbrough. His defense in the second half of the season has been outstanding. When he plays with the other starters that group really gets after people. His defensive contributions could go a long way towards justifying the Pacers picking up the QO for next season.

If Pendergraph can play defense & get after it on the glass like that night in and night out Mahinmi will only see garbage time minutes going forward.

Comment

From now on, I will refer to Kyle Korver as "Toast".

Also, Atlanta is lucky that ref turned his back on Horford after he T'ed him up. VERY lucky, the way Horford was coming at him, I thought he was seriously going to slug the ref.
                    Last edited by Sandman21; 04-25-2013, 07:52 AM.
                    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "

Comment

That was a freaking awesome game. I love the Pendy is now that back-up center. I'm not sure how tall he is listed at, but he looks like he's 7' out there. He is amazing at blocking out on rebounds.

Great energy plays tonight. I don't know if anyone watched ESPN this morning, but they took the Hibbert dunk over Johnson and Green's dunk on Josh Smith, turned them into posters, and hung them in Banker's Life. Great to get some national love.

You were talking about West, and I think he's playing his role just fine. When we are getting the scoring production from the George's and Hibbert, then we really need West to be a leader, and let Hans and Pendy bring the energy. The great part is he should still be fresh for when we need him to go into beast mode (which we will need during these playoffs.)
                      Danger Zone

Comment

From Yahoo sports Ball Don't Lie, Dan Devine:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...3405--nba.html

Made me feel happy, hope it makes you happy too.
                        Danger Zone

Comment

I made a comment during the game that I would not want to coach this Hawks team. They are dysfunctional. Let me also say this if the Pacers play their game and what I mean by that if they play their style and play reasonably well they will sweep the Hawks. I never make predictions like this as I always am nervous about the opponent, and aware how things can change from one game to the next, but the Hawks don't really want to continue playing. They have major chemistry issues.

But to be honest this Hawks team that we are playing right now is the worst playoff team the Pacers have played ever except for the Celtics the year that John Carroll took over for JOB. That was '04 and a Celtics team that only won 36 games. That was a complete mismatch and Pacers won in 4 straight games. The Magic last year without Howard was better than this. They were interested, played hard, but just didn't have the talent to win.

So I can't really get too excited about how the Pacers are playing. Thrilled to be up 2-0 and hoping we smash them Saturday night because if we do game #4 won't be much of a contest. I just hope Pacers fans and certainly the Pacers players don't think this is good enough to beat the Knicks. I don't think Frank is all that happy with how his team is playing.

I'm not saying the pacers are playing bad, but they will need to play much better to beat the Knicks.

I think West is laying in the weeds in this series. Ready to step up when we really need him, otherwise content on letting others carry us. He'll probably press the issue in one of the games down in Atlanta to get us over the hump and get ready for the Knicks
                          Last edited by Unclebuck; 04-25-2013, 10:23 AM.

Comment

I was speaking sort of tongue in cheek a week or two ago in one of the threads about Gerald about the only way he could redeem himself this season is that if somehow he was like the anti-barbosa. Meaning that where Barbosa actually showed up during the regular season games he was M.I.A during the playoffs whereas gerald was M.I.A all season and now is bringing it during the playoffs.

also from now on whenever Ivan Johnson gets subbed in he shall now be referred to as "The Ghost of Ivan Johnson Past" because Ivan is sadly no longer with us .
                            Last edited by TheDon; 04-25-2013, 08:43 AM.

Comment

If he plays like this throughout the playoffs, he's earned his 5 mil.
                              Danger Zone

Comment

Working...
                              X