Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trophy
    • Mar 2009

Pacers/76ers Postgame Thread 3/16/13

Well folks, after 66 games, our record is 40-26, which is relatively close to our 42-24 record last season. Overall, this team has improved. There's no denying that.

Yes, we've played poorly these past few games, but there's plenty to look forward to this last month of the regular season, as we push to the playoffs.

We're in Cleveland Monday night.

Last edited by Trophy; 03-16-2013, 10:00 PM.
  • 31Since1990
    • Mar 2013

Re: Pacers/76ers Postgame Thread 3/16/13

I....I...JUST....*Facepalm*

Comment

• The Future
      • Jun 2010

Games we shouldve won recently:

Boston, Lakers, and Sixers

We should have 23 losses, which would make us 2 games ahead of NY, 4 games ahead of BROOKYLN.

Now we're the #3 seed: 1 game behind NY, and 1 game ahead of the Nets.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up as a #4 seed for the playoffs which would be TERRIBLE news meaning that we have to face Miami 2nd round if we even advance.

We should have 23 losses, which would make us 2 games ahead of NY, 4 games ahead of BROOKYLN.

Now we're 1 game behind NY, and 1 game ahead of the Nets.

It's time to panic.

Comment

• joew8302
        • Jul 2008

Maybe I should be in the "kneejerk reaction" thread with this, but there are some long term issues with this team.

1st- We have absolutely no bench whatsoever. I would not be disappointing at all if all of them (with the exception of OJ) were moved this offseason. Unless you have multiple studs you just won't be able to win with a bench like this.

I am not sure what the deal is with the starters either. For the past month we have been awful with turnovers, I mean absolutely awful. It wasn't like this for the first 40 games or so, I am not sure what to attribute this to?

David West looks exhausted. I hope I am imagining things, but he looks physically worn down.

Not sure there are answers for this stuff without moving parts in the offseason.

Comment

• AesopRockOn
          You Did It Joseph!!!!
          • Jul 2006

They picked it up to try to get back in the second half of the fourth quarter but the Holiday/Hawes pick and roll wasn't having it. It seemed like they may have coasted but the Sixers looked like they did when they challenged Miami a couple of years ago in the first round of the playoffs. I explain Holiday; I can't explain Hawes.

We can grumble about the offense as much as we want, but the defense! How long has it been since we played great D for the whole game? Unless the game is against a very bad team, we've given up more points than we have previously in the season. The rotations are sloppier and the transition D just doesn't pass the eye test at all. Seems like Roy is the only one bringing it on a nightly basis.
          You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Comment

• PaceBalls
            • Jan 2004

I'm actually glad I couldn't watch this travesty. What the heck is going on with this team?

Comment

• joew8302
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by AesopRockOn
              They picked it up to try to get back in the second half of the fourth quarter but the Holiday/Hawes pick and roll wasn't having it. It seemed like they may have coasted but the Sixers looked like they did when they challenged Miami a couple of years ago in the first round of the playoffs. I explain Holiday; I can't explain Hawes.

We can grumble about the offense as much as we want, but the defense! How long has it been since we played great D for the whole game? Unless the game is against a very bad team, we've given up more points than we have previously in the season. The rotations are sloppier and the transition D just doesn't pass the eye test at all. Seems like Roy is the only one bringing it on a nightly basis.

I could be wrong, but I think the defense is the result of starters being worn down due to having to win games without a bench.

Comment

• 31Since1990
                • Mar 2013

We're a half game ahead of NY and they play Clippers so we'll get a game back.

Comment

• PacersHomer
                  • Jul 2009

What a joke of a performance.

Comment

• 31andonly
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Trophy
                    Well folks, after 66 games, our record is 40-26, which is relatively close to our 42-24 record last season. Overall, this team has improved. There's no denying that.

Yes, we've played poorly these past few games, but there's plenty to look forward to this last month of the regular season, as we push to the playoffs.

We're in Cleveland Monday night.

Thanks for your optimism!

Comment

• The Future
                      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by 31Since1990
                      We're a half game ahead of NY and they play Clippers so we'll get a game back.
                      This team doesn't deserve the #2 seed.

They could have ran away with it but they decided to suck it up.

We have so many things to address next offseason:

-To sign West or not?

-Grangers health

-The starting SG position (no one even covers Stephenson, this guy needs to start cutting off the basketball more)

-Our bench is the worst in the league

Comment

• Nuntius
                        • Jan 2012

We can do a lot better than that. I'm sad and disappointed
                        Originally posted by IrishPacer
                        Empty vessels make the most noise.

Comment

• TMJ31
                          BOOM BABY!
                          • Mar 2004

I want, with every fiber of my being to be absolutely disgusted and furious with this team after the last 24 hours (But really, the last week or two)

Instead, I am choosing to let it go.

Why?

Coach Vogel has consistently shown that he is able to get these guys motivated to bounce back.

Right now, we're playing really lousy ball on both ends of the court. Our bigtime players are folding. Our bench is laughable.

But this Pacers team is nothing if not resilient. We're struggling, yes.

But we still have plenty of time to secure the Central, get the #2 seed, and make our playoff run as we've been expecting before the last week.

Believe me, I really want to 'kneejerk' right now too, guys. It's not worth it. My poor little heart can't take any more.

Comment

• diamonddave00
                            Long time fan
                            • Aug 2004

At the half I commented on Hawes stats and suggested possible quad double he didn't miss it by much. Paul George went from 0 shots in 3rd quarter to 13 points in 4th quarter. At least he showed a little bit of beast mode in 4th , only was 2 assist off from a triple double. Sadly tho Roy played aggressive on offense his missing bunnies returned.

In last 3 games our starting guards Hill and Stephenson have both shot a grand total of 2 fouls shot, not a good sign.

Comment

• McKeyFan
                              Intuition over Integers
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The Future

Now we're the #3 seed: 1 game behind NY, and 1 game ahead of the Nets.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up as a #4 seed for the playoffs which would be TERRIBLE news meaning that we have to face Miami 2nd round if we even advance.

Now we're 1 game behind NY, and 1 game ahead of the Nets.

It's time to panic.
                              You must not have been following the Pacers five years ago. This isnt panic time. Its celebration time with a tiny hiccup.
                              "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference

Comment

Working...