Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hicks
    • Jun 2004

Pulse of the fan base: Lance vs DC

This question just came to me, and I thought it would be interesting to see the poll results on PD. If you could trade Lance Stephenson right now for Darren Collison to come back and be our backup point guard again, would you?
    Yes
    5.00%
    No
    93.57%
    I'm not sure.
    1.43%

The poll is expired.

• Unclebuck
    Administrator
    • Jan 2004

Re: Pulse of the fan base: Lance vs DC

What? I'd be shocked if this is even a question.

I wouldn't want DC back under any circumstances. Not that he is a bad guy, but I don't see any need for him, and I certainly would not consider trading Lance for him

Comment

• Sollozzo
      • Jan 2004

Absolutely not, and I'm someone who liked DC quite a bit.

Comment

• Trader Joe
        DIET COKE!
        • Jan 2006

No.

This is not even close. Lance is more versatile. I would rather live with DJ and Lance than DC and Green I guess or whatever the combo would be.

Comment

• Unclebuck
          Administrator
          • Jan 2004

Beyond that I am really excited to see what Lance can do as the sixth man. Just hope he doesn't try to do too much.

Comment

• Miller_time04
            • May 2004

Hell no. Take lance all day. So much more potential even though their both young. Lance just has so much better size and intangibles. Dc is just a scorer who lacks defense. We wouldn't be where we're at right now if you replace lance with DC. He was the missing piece. Now add in a high quality scorer like Danny and the puzzle is complete = championship.

Comment

• Anthem
              White and Nerdy
              • Jan 2004

I just can't imagine getting anyone to give a "yes" to this question.
              This space for rent.

Comment

• Nuntius
                • Jan 2012

I like both players. I appreciate DC's ability to hit free throws and I love Lance's defense.

Lance has more potential so I wouldn't trade him at the moment. I wouldn't be against bringing DC back but that's not possible at the moment and there's no reason to do so either.
                Originally posted by IrishPacer
                Empty vessels make the most noise.

Comment

• Cousy47
                  • Sep 2012

I voted no because I like Lance's ball movement and passing better. The scoring is about a wash with DC probably more likely to have a monster numbers game more often. IMO, Lance gives you much better defense, better floor spacing, better rebounding and b etter ball sharing than DC can or will.

Comment

• Mackey_Rose
                    Droppin' knowledge, yo.
                    • Oct 2010

I'm not a fan of either player, but I don't see how making that swap is even debatable.

Comment

• Hicks
                      • Jun 2004

Unanimous so far with "No". That does surprise me; I know Lance's stock has skyrocketed this season, but considering how brutal our backup PG situation (and general bench scoring) has been I thought the idea of plugging DC back into that role would be mighty tempting for at least maybe 1/3 of the voters.

Plus, I'm assuming you all now assume Lance will no longer have any off court or locker room issues?

Comment

• Nuntius
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by MAStamper
                        Unanimous so far with "No". That does surprise me; I know Lance's stock has skyrocketed this season, but considering how brutal our backup PG situation (and general bench scoring) has been I thought the idea of plugging DC back into that role would be mighty tempting for at least maybe 1/3 of the voters.
                        The general consensus is that Lance can play as a backup PG so it makes sense. Plus DJ has slowly started to turn it around.
                        Originally posted by IrishPacer
                        Empty vessels make the most noise.

Comment

• CJ Jones
                          • Jan 2012

Oops, voted wrong. I'm in the no camp. If you don't like this kids game I feel sorry for you. You might as well stick with watching college basketball.

Speaking of Lance. Any updates?

Comment

• BRushWithDeath
                            Play McRoberts and Price!
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by CJ Jones
                            Oops, voted wrong. I'm in the no camp. If you don't like this kids game I feel sorry for you. You might as well stick with watching college basketball.

Speaking of Lance. Any updates?
                            I don't care for Lance's game so apparently the NBA isn't for me.

But there is nothing about Darren Collison that I miss. This is a no-brainer.
                            "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Comment

• Cubs231721
                              • Aug 2006

I can see how Lance and DC would be seen as very comparable players for this year. I certainly wouldn't trade them for the following 3 reasons:

1) Team needs. With Granger still a question mark, the Pacers are IMO shallower at wing than at point guard. Moving Hill to wing would even it out, but I don't think the Pacers really benefit from that move.
                              2) Both players might still not be done on the development curve, but Lance with his age, experience level, and tools should have a better chance of getting better. Lance might actually be an option as a starter in the future, while Hill's deal and Collison's experience make that pretty much impossible for him in Indiana.
                              3) Collison is a RFA after this year and would likely not be retained, while Lance has another year on his deal for cheap.

Those three factors make it a slam dunk IMO for Lance. It's not even particularly close.

Comment

Working...