Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vnzla81
    • Jul 2008

The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

I think we need a thread to post all the rumors and whatever happens until opening night.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 12-01-2011, 11:39 AM.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!
  • vnzla81
    • Jul 2008

Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors thread

Looks like Tyson Chandler is not going back to Dallas:

In a surprise development on the first day that NBA teams and agents could start talking about new contracts, Tyson Chandler came away convinced that his time with the Dallas Mavericks is coming to an end.

"I really think I'm going to be on a new team come training camp," Chandler told ESPN.com in a telephone interview Wednesday night. "I'm really taking a hard look at all of my options, trying to see what best suits me."
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

• vnzla81
      • Jul 2008

The Knicks are interested in Foster:

AlexKennedyNBA Alex Kennedy
      The Knicks want another star, but they're also targeting veteran role players. Sources say they're interested in Grant Hill and Jeff Foster.

Comment

• vnzla81
        • Jul 2008

Max money for Tyson?

sam_amick Sam Amick
        Chandler clearly expects huge payday. I was told today that the type of $ figures his camp threw out there today were through the roof.

Comment

• PacerGuy
          Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by vnzla81
          The Knicks are interested in Foster:
          I have it on pretty solid authority that Jeff plays here or he retiers. His kids are in school here, he likes it here & has no interest in moving them. The only consideration he would give is playing for the SAS. Money is not a need for Jeff. If he had to walk away today, he would do so w/ no regrets.
          "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
          (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Comment

• 90'sNBARocked
            LovingTeamDipo!
            • Nov 2009

Rondo/Nene to Indiana?

Rajon Rondo’s name keeps coming up, with another prominent rumor having him possibly heading to Indiana. Sources close to the situation in Indiana called this rumor “absurd,” and said the Pacers had not reached out to the Celtics in any way regarding Rondo. They recognize Rondo’s talent, but they aren’t sure his personality is right for the team.

On the other hand, the Pacers have expressed interest in Denver Nuggets free agent Nene, who is also seeing interest from teams like the Houston Rockets, New York Knicks and Miami HEAT. The only reason Nene’s name is even out there is because the Nuggets are not expecting to put a max deal on the table for Nene, and one NBA executive told HOOPSWORLD today he doesn’t think Nene warrants such a contract. He’s a good player, yes, but not a max player.

This explains why Nene is suddenly being seen as a player who could be had for the right price. The Nuggets can pay him more than anyone else, but if they choose not to the bidding way could prove to be interesting.
            Sittin on top of the world!

Comment

• vnzla81
              • Jul 2008

Unrestricted free agent Caron Butler has received early interest from six teams, but the Dallas Mavericks are not yet one of them, a source said Wednesday.

Unrestricted free agent Caron Butler has received early interest from six teams, but the Dallas Mavericks are not yet one of them, a source close to the situation said Wednesday.

The NBA relaxed the lockout rules and permitted teams to contact players' agents beginning at 8 a.m. CT. Those that quickly expressed interest in the 6-foot-7 Butler are the San Antonio Spurs, Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers, New Jersey Nets and Chicago Bulls.

Comment

• Really?
                BoilerUpMan
                • Jun 2010

Rather Caron than Posey, lol but yeah there is pretty much no chance for that happening.
                Why so SERIOUS

Comment

• graphic-er
                  I'm on a MAC!
                  • Jan 2010

Max money for Tyson?
                  I dunno if he is worth it or not. But I want a Twin Towers line up so if I were Larry Bird I'd be calling up Tyson's agent. I think I recall reading somewhere that he and Danny got along great on Team USA being 2 of the older players on that team.
                  You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Comment

• vnzla81
                    • Jul 2008

Landry for 5mil? meh...

Jason Quick: Blazers will also look at Carl Landry and Chuck Hayes, knowing that Landry would probably command the full $5 mid-level exception. Twitter

Comment

• vnzla81
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Really?
                      Rather Caron than Posey, lol but yeah there is pretty much no chance for that happening.
                      Butler should go to the Celtics, he could be amazing behind Allen.

Comment

• Doddage
                        AIDIW
                        • Oct 2006

Max money for Tyson?
                        That would be a big mistake.

Comment

• vnzla81
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Doddage
                          Looks like somebody is making that mistake, I hope is not us :crossingfinger:

Comment

• Hicks
                            • Jun 2004

Landry for 5mil? meh...
                            5 sounds about right to me. No more though.

Comment

• Hicks
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Doddage
                              Yes it would. He's already looking old(er) to me as of what I noticed in the playoffs last year. It's only going to get worse now that his legs are starting to leave him. Nice player right now, though.

Comment

Working...