Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pacergeek
    • Apr 2009

Dahntay Jones

I couldn't help thinking watching him play last night in garbage time, Is this really all Dahntay can do for us? Is he really the 12th guy that will only see time in blowouts?

I have a hard time believing that only two years ago he was a starter on the Nuggets, who reached the West finals, and now he cannot get off the bench. I understand that there are other guys ahead of Dahntay on the depth chart, but I think that you got to find him minutes somehow.
    Being unable to close out a game in which you have a comfortable lead in the 4th Q = Pulling a Frank Vogel
  • xBulletproof
    I have a Member
    • Jun 2010

Re: Dahntay Jones

He was a starter on the Nuggets who played less than 20 minutes per game if I recall correctly, and wasn't allowed to shoot. His role of "starter" is overplayed. He started, but didn't play starter minutes.

Comment

• BRushWithDeath
      Play McRoberts and Price!
      • Dec 2008

He really is the 12th guy. At best.

I would play George ahead of him too so I have him at 13.
      "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Comment

• pacer4ever
        • Aug 2010

we need paul dressing to get these garbage mintues. If Dahntay is only gonna get garbage mintues.

Comment

• Pacergeek
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by BRushWithDeath
          He really is the 12th guy. At best.
          I just have to disagree. He was a starter on a Western Conference finals team. Granted, that team was uber talented, but Dahntay was somewhat productive as a starter there. I just am having difficulties believing that his career has gone down the drain in such a short amount of time.
          Being unable to close out a game in which you have a comfortable lead in the 4th Q = Pulling a Frank Vogel

Comment

• 90'sNBARocked
            LovingTeamDipo!
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by bhaas0532
            I just have to disagree. He was a starter on a Western Conference finals team. Granted, that team was uber talented, but Dahntay was somewhat productive as a starter there. I just am having difficulties believing that his career has gone down the drain in such a short amount of time.
            I posted the same thread a few weeks back. I think under a different coach he could be used properly
            Sittin on top of the world!

Comment

• Sookie
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by xBulletproof
              He was a starter on the Nuggets who played less than 20 minutes per game if I recall correctly, and wasn't allowed to shoot. His role of "starter" is overplayed. He started, but didn't play starter minutes.
              No it's not, he was a significant role player, for a team much better than the Pacers.

He's not as useless as the Pacers make like, but honestly, because Rush is just as good on defense, and much better on offense, he doesn't bring many skills to the table.

As for who dresses. I get the feeling that JOB just dresses the vets out of respect. Foster can't play, so it's AJ that dresses now. And Dahntay always got to dress. Just seems like what he's doing. Although obviousy junk minutes would be better for Paul, and just seem insulting to Dahntay.

Comment

• Gamble1
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by pacer4ever
                we need paul dressing to get these garbage mintues. If Dahntay is only gonna get garbage mintues.
                Paul George needs to go to the D-league and get some experience. I am not saying for the entire season but certianly its better than garbage minutes or no minutes at all.

Jones just needs a new head coach and hopefully we get that this off season.

Comment

• Pacergeek
                  • Apr 2009

Could Dahntay possibly play PG? He is a better basketball player than TJ right?

Comment

• BRushWithDeath
                    Play McRoberts and Price!
                    • Dec 2008

Ugh.
                    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Comment

• cdash
                      Whale Shepherd
                      • Jun 2009

Uhhh...nahhhhhh. He's not. He's not even close.

Comment

• xBulletproof
                        I have a Member
                        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Sookie
                        No it's not
                        Yes, it's over done.

He was third on the team in games played, and third on the team in starts. Yet he was NINTH in minutes played.

Comment

• Shade
                          Administrator
                          • Jan 2004

Dahntay is still a good player. His play style just doesn't mesh with Jim's system.

Comment

• vnzla81
                            • Jul 2008

He can't stretch the floor, that is the reason why he is not playing.
                            @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

• Future_NBA_Player
                              • Nov 2010

[QUOTE=bhaas0532;1113231]I just have to disagree. He was a starter on a Western Conference finals team. Granted, that team was uber talented, but Dahntay was somewhat productive as a starter there. I just am having difficulties believing that his career has gone down the drain in such a short amount of time.[/QUO

Nobody forced him to sign his contract with us. He wanted to. He must of known that Jim likes players that can stretch the floor. He should only blame himself for not getting off the bench. If he wanted to play, he would be in the gym with Josh working on his three. Its his fault he is not playing.

I do like him as a player though. I prefer oldschool players myself. I think that is the best way to build a team. Look at my avatar(My type of player)

Comment

Working...