X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vnzla81
    • Jul 2008

Re: Danny Granger Expects Pacers to Deal for a Big Man

Dampier for Ford? I think that is the deal
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

• Psyren
      Batman's New Side Kick
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by vnzla81
      We'd have to add someone like Dahntay.
      Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Comment

• CableKC
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by 2minutes twowa
        I wouldn't doubt if it's something involving Charlotte. If they were close to making the previous deal, then they must think highly of TJ.
        The only player that I can see as a possible option is Ford for Nazr or ( more realistically ) Diaw. I suspect that Dampier's unguaranteed Contract is of more value to the Bobcats as a trading asset that teams would want. Nazr would be a more likely option.

Diaw is more of a Tweener Forward...but ( for some reason ) he's been used as a backup Center option. I think he's athletic enough to handle SF/PF/Center duties ( most notably as a backup Center playing minimal minutes ).
        Last edited by CableKC; 08-15-2010, 04:13 AM.
        Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Comment

• CableKC
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by KingGeorge24
          this was tweeted on Thursday 8/12 sometime before 5pm ( I assume ) EST on the same day that it was reported that Ford rejected the Buyout. It's unclear to me whether this is an "after the buyout" response or not.

I wouldn't put too much into this particular tweet.

Comment

• imawhat
            Bring Back David West
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by vnzla81
            Won't happen, imo. I think Charlotte is $5/6 million over luxury tax. I'd be shocked if they did anything but cut Dampier.

Comment

• CableKC
              • Mar 2005

If I were to look at this from a purely offensive perspective....as Hicks ( I think ) suggested, BRush+Solo for Jason Thompson. I know that he has a decent mid-range game ( as I recall him torching us from beyond the FT line with his mid-range jumpshot ) and is a solid double-double guy that can rebound and score. However, I checked and he has a pretty horrid +/- score. He's has the 2nd worst +/- rating on the Kings. I'm not too sure his defense is that good.

Comment

• imawhat
                Bring Back David West
                • Aug 2006

I wouldn't be terribly depressed if we made the Thompson trade.

He has a good mid-range game and is pretty active, though you watch him play and wonder why his defense isn't better. At the very least we'd have a LOT of young assets with small contracts.

Dahntay would be a decent addition to Sacramento. They could use some more defense on the wings.

I hope we stay put, unless we get a damn good player.

Comment

• CableKC
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by imawhat
                  I wouldn't be terribly depressed if we made the Thompson trade.

He has a good mid-range game and is pretty active, though you watch him play and wonder why his defense isn't better. At the very least we'd have a LOT of young assets with small contracts.

Dahntay would be a decent addition to Sacramento. They could use some more defense on the wings.

I hope we stay put, unless we get a damn good player.
                  I'd rather include Inferno as well...but I think that the 2nd year on his contract won't be preferable for the opposing Team. My guess is that we'd include Solo as an expiring to make it work.

Comment

• SMosley21
                    Stay focused
                    • Feb 2010

Brandon Rush for Jason Thompson straight up works in the trade checker.

Maybe we could throw in a 2nd rounder to sweeten the deal, if need be.

Comment

• Anthem
                      White and Nerdy
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MagicRat
                      Crazy bellringer was right. There's money to be made in a place like this.
                      I don't think it's nice, you laughin'.
                      This space for rent.

Comment

• pacersgroningen
                        Dutch Pacers Fan
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Jose Slaughter
                        http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/08/14/d...for-a-big-man/
                        Now that the Hornets have gotten a key small man, they'll turn their attention to a big man.
                        I don't care too much about them Hornets. Hopefully the Pacers will make a good deal.
                        Trying to enjoy every Pacers game as if it is the last!

Comment

• KennerLeaguer
                          • Jul 2008

Those are some names I came up with on the top of my head. I would like to see Tyrus Thomas or Anthony Randolph come to the Pacers. They athletic PF that would really held on defence.
                          I wouldn't have a problem with Tyrus Thomas and his limited offensive game if he was actually taller than 6'7 (and anyone who thinks he is a legit 6'9 guy needs glasses). He also has a rep for being a bit petulant and selfish. Not a true team guy.

Randolph has a lot of potential...as a SF. I don't think he will ever have the build to be a true PF. And if you don't have the build you will at least need to have the toughness and the mentality to play inside. Randolph appears to lack all of those qualities IMO.

Comment

• OakMoses
                            • May 2006

Well, if we're going to speculate, a Ford/Solo for Boris Diaw trade works.

Charlotte is not trading Tyrus Thomas and New York is not trading Anthony Randolph.
                            "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Comment

• MyFavMartin
                              This team is Fun!
                              • Oct 2007

I don't think Danny said anything that everyone didn't already know.

But I wouldn't say the Pacers are desperate to make a move for a PF: Hansbrough/Foster/McRoberts/Danny would be decent rotation.

The Pacers do have a lot of trade assets and I'm looking forward to their next moves and this season.

Comment

• MyFavMartin
                                This team is Fun!
                                • Oct 2007

Don't forget that Houston also has Patrick Patterson.

Houston might also like to shed some salary to get under the tax.

Comment

Working...