X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PacersPride
    Banned
    • Jun 2010

Re: No player movement-that's fine

there are many intelligent posts on here.. primarily due to many of these things being said ive been stating for over a month now.

1) yes this team can be better, if Dun, Hansbrough, Foster come back healthy.
    2) no point in making a trade just to make a trade. TJ is not Tinsley.. i can deal with Ford one more season knowing he is crocadile dundeed after this year.
    3) if we suck this year, great, we get a better lottery selection, and JOB is crocadile dundeed.
    4) if we win, great, we get playoff experience and still have a mid draft selection with contracts expiring. and hopefully JOB is gone anyways.
    5) no need to bring in a pg, until we know who the starting pg is gonna be, rather find a suitable backup after we determine who may be our floor general for the next several seasons.
    6) TJ, Stephenson, Price (when healthy), and dont forget i think Jones can play a little bit of pg should be sufficient.
    7) i expect a deal more around the trade deadline, primarily murphy, going to someone who is competing, we may not get our pg but if we land expirings with draft picks, thats at least something in return.
    8) bringing in sessions.. or whoever, is not going to catapult us into top 4 territory in the east. unless its a blockbuster like Paul or something, sit tight and lets get a better draft pick. depending on your POV.. this team is probably good enough to get into the playoffs, all i really want is a team on the floor that competes for 48 minutes.. like the one 2 seasons ago.

Comment

• Putnam
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by PacersPride
      2) no point in making a trade just to make a trade. TJ is not Tinsley.. i can deal with Ford one more season knowing he is crocadile dundeed after this year.
      3) if we suck this year, great, we get a better lottery selection, and JOB is crocadile dundeed.

I have no idea what the underlined phrase means. Could you explain it, PacersPride?

(I do understand that this would be O'Brien's and ford's last year with the Pacers, but I don't know why you use that phrase or why you spell "crocodile" the way you do.)

And I won't be here to see the day
      It all dries up and blows away
      I'd hang around just to see
      But they never had much use for me
      In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Comment

• BlueNGold
        Banned
        • Aug 2005

I hope it will feel like we had a lot of player movement.

Tyler, Dunleavy and Foster returning...just one of them at full strength would help a lot. I am excited to see what the young guys can add as well. Expect to see the Pacers add a PG too. Probably another cheap rental...just someone to hold it down until we can acquire more valuable assets next year. Bird is putting the team in a position to be considerably better in a couple years. JMHO.

Comment

• Shade
          Administrator
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by colts19
          If everyone stays healthy I think we could win 4-8 games.
          I fixed your typo.

Comment

• Shade
            Administrator
            • Jan 2004

I can live with most of the roster this season...except Murphy. I want to see our other bigs get adequate pt. We already know what Murphy brings to the table...and it's not enough.

Comment

• Anthem
              White and Nerdy
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Shade
              I can live with most of the roster this season...except Murphy. I want to see our other bigs get adequate pt. We already know what Murphy brings to the table...and it's not enough.
              Agreed. He's also the guy most likely to have trade value... move him, let the rest expire.
              This space for rent.

Comment

• pwee31
                Release Psycho T
                • Aug 2006

I'm fine with it being the same, if Stephenson is the starting PG out of the gate. I don't want Ford starting, though I still Ford can be a solid player, he doesn't fit in w/ what our offense likes to do.

I'm fine with Murphy as long as the rules are the same for everyone when it comes to earning playing time. Not fair if Murphy is struggling and we have Tyler, McRoberts and Rolle being stuck to the bench. I've expected Murphy back this entire time. Even back in the off-season myth poll, I felt that Murphy would not be moved or traded. He's the best trade chip that most are willing to get rid of, it's just our front office values him perhaps higher then humanly possible.

Comment

• Trophy
                  • Mar 2009

Hopefully we can turn out like the Bucks did last season.

Stay in or near the playoff picture for most of the season then pull off a trade at the deadline and get someone who can fit in well with us and we make the playoffs and position ourselves.

After losing Redd last season, the Bucks got Salmons to help fix the SG troubles.

For us, it would probably be a PG or maybe a defensive PF for Troy, Mike, or TJ.

As for the start of the season, I think we'll stay in the 7 or 8th spot in the East or stay close to the 8th spot mainly.

Comment

• Psyren
                    Batman's New Side Kick
                    • Aug 2008

I completely agree. When I look at next years free agent class, I can't say anyone really jumps out and grabs my attention aside from Melo. But there's very very very little chance he comes here.

I don't see any fantastic free agents that make me think they'd improve us a lot. Horford I suppose is a possibility with a S&T, but other than that I could pass on the majority of the FA's.

There are good players, but I don't think any of them at this point are all that likely to come here. And trading Murph now for young talent is easily the best move. We'll still have more than enough cap space to get a few good players in Free Agency next year, but we don't need all the money Murph would allow us to have.
                    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Comment

• MLB007
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2009

Yep, cuz they're all a bunch of rebounding DEMONS. Of course with our great strength at rebounding, losing our rebounding leader would be a non factor........

Comment

• PacersPride
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Putnam
                        I have no idea what the underlined phrase means. Could you explain it, PacersPride?

(I do understand that this would be O'Brien's and ford's last year with the Pacers, but I don't know why you use that phrase or why you spell "crocodile" the way you do.)

check your thesauraus.. next to your dictionary.
                        Last edited by PacersPride; 07-15-2010, 01:23 AM.

Comment

• PaceBalls
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MLB007
                          Yep, cuz they're all a bunch of rebounding DEMONS. Of course with our great strength at rebounding, losing our rebounding leader would be a non factor........
                          I think our rebounding will be better without Murphy. Has there ever been a more fundamentally unsound rebouder? He doesn't box out, he is the ultimate oppurtunist, he gives up every tough rebound to the opposition. He is.... the Rebound Vulture. He flys out of the way against the lions on the offensive boards, but feeds on the defensive free throw rebounds.

Sit his *** down the whole season and we win at least 5 more games, probably more, from better defense and team rebounding.

Comment

• Bball
                            Jimmy did what Jimmy did
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PacersPride
                            check your thesauraus.. next to your dictionary.
                            For the record, I don't know what Crocodile Dundeed means either in this context??? I know who Crocodile Dundee is and I assume the reference is something like saying "Let's just 'Tinsley' his butt"....or "They just Tinsleyed him" (meaning benched or banished) but I don't know what Crocodile Dundee did to understand your reference.

Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Comment

• PacersPride
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Bball
                              For the record, I don't know what Crocodile Dundeed means either in this context??? I know who Crocodile Dundee is and I assume the reference is something like saying "Let's just 'Tinsley' his butt"....or "They just Tinsleyed him" (meaning benched or banished) but I don't know what Crocodile Dundee did to understand your reference.

alright.. i thought the guy was simply being a wise guy. basically it means your finished, final, its over, done.

ie. after this season JOB is crocodile dundeed.

Comment

• RWB
                                • May 2004

I thought it meant you carry a big knife?
                                You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Comment

Working...