• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SMosley21
    Stay focused
    • Feb 2010

Re: Why make this statement???

Originally posted by AlexAustin
    It was very good effort from Josh but Kobe caught the Iron or he would have still thrown it down and it would have been amazing no matter who he done it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns7XBqmwmEg
    and if my aunt had a ....

Comment

• Infinite MAN_force
      Lurker of the Year
      • Jul 2007

9 and 5 in 15 minutes? Those are really pretty good numbers. I mean it extrapolates to 18 and 10 in 30 minutes. I don't believe he would actually put that up if he got 30 mpg and actually got scouted, but he has done pretty well to prove he belongs on an NBA court in some capacity. Anymore its the ones calling him a "scrub" or "terrible NBA player" that are losing touch with reality, not the people saying he deserves some playing time. All he ever does in random limited oppurtunities is play solid basketball. Almost every single time.
      Last edited by Infinite MAN_force; 03-03-2010, 06:23 PM.
      "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Comment

• SMosley21
        Stay focused
        • Feb 2010

Comment

• Chewy
          • Aug 2006

You only get dunked on when you contest. Getting posterized over uncontested dunk every time

Comment

• duke dynamite
            #IndyForever
            • Dec 2006

We know already, lol.

Comment

• AlexAustin
              Banned
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Peck
              We like to call that "missing".

Kind of like if you are almost late we like to call that being on time.
              Originally posted by SMosley21
              and if my aunt had a ....
              He did miss and it was good effort from Josh, this isn't an anti Josh comment it was a OMG at Kobe for almost giving the league a new clip for the Where Amazing Happens spots. I wonder if he finishes it at 100%.

Comment

• PacerGuy
                Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by duke dynamite
                What? Did I say something wrong? I was just saying I'd like to see him at PF over C.
                No.
                I was poking fun @ JO'B's definition of a "PF" (D.Jones, M.Dunlevy, D.Granger, ...) & how he would classify Josh (C (?), bench warmer, coffee getter,...)
                "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
                (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Comment

• Hoop
                  PG who Points
                  • Jan 2004

I don't know what WetBob said to be banned so sudden. I like him as a poster and just want to say I hope he is let back in. JMHO

As for the main subject, just when I think I can not dislike our "coach" any more intensely, he proves me wrong...... again. FU JOB.
                  "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG" - Carol "The Walking Dead"

Comment

• SMosley21
                    Stay focused
                    • Feb 2010

This is an Indiana Pacers and general Hoosier hoops blog focusing on team building, development and all of the glorious aesthetics the game of basketball delivers. Click to read Indy Cornrows with Tom Lewis, a Substack publication with hundreds of subscribers.

"Thanks, Josh. Keep working hard, because even if no one else appreciates it, we do."

Pretty much sums it up.

Comment

• PacerGuy
                      Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Hoop
                      I don't know what WetBob said to be banned so sudden. I like him as a poster and just want to say I hope he is let back in. JMHO
                      We need an "Instigator Rule", like in Hockey....
                      "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
                      (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Comment

• Anthem
                        White and Nerdy
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by duke dynamite
                        What? Did I say something wrong? I was just saying I'd like to see him at PF over C.
                        Sure, I agree. I want to see him at PF with Hibbert at C.

But when given the choice of Murphy at C or McRoberts at C, I choose Bob every time.
                        This space for rent.

Comment

• Anthem
                          White and Nerdy
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by McKeyFan
                          Back to the main topic: this really isn't about Josh.

It's about JOB's angry, stubborn reaction to honest, obvious questions from the press about his substitution patterns.
                          Great post.
                          This space for rent.

Comment

• AlexAustin
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Infinite MAN_force
                            9 and 5 in 15 minutes? Those are really pretty good numbers. I mean it extrapolates to 18 and 10 in 30 minutes. I don't believe he would actually put that up if he got 30 mpg and actually got scouted, but he has done pretty well to prove he belongs on an NBA court in some capacity. Anymore its the ones calling him a "scrub" or "terrible NBA player" that are losing touch with reality, not the people saying he deserves some playing time. All he ever does in random limited oppurtunities is play solid basketball. Almost every single time.
                            Its more than just 15 minutes flat its in 23:17, 16:14, 19:19, 24:55, 23:14, 27:40, so without actually counting it looks like 22+ MPG, but my question is how much of these numbers are in close games I know he done good when we got killed by NY and had a good finish down by 20 at the end of the Dallas game the other day.
                            Last edited by AlexAustin; 03-03-2010, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Putnam
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by McKeyFan
                              The big story here is his failure to respond to the press maturely, and instead making a not-so-classy statement dissing Josh's best performance of the year and then immediately walking away. It was that last part that was the most problematic.

Only this evening did I realize why the O'Brien statement itself and comments in this thread in support of it rankled me so much.

Most people who read the Illiad like the Trojans better than the Greeks. A million people a year visit the Alamo in San Antonio, where nothing important happened and 200+ Texans died for no purpose. The crowd at every marathon and distance bike ride applauds enthusiastically for the losers who straggle in hours after the winners.

It is human nature to respect and admire good effort in a losing cause.

A professional coach ought to have a high expection of winning, but what O'Brien said was just not . . . human nature.

This topic really is a big deal.

And I won't be here to see the day
                              It all dries up and blows away
                              I'd hang around just to see
                              But they never had much use for me
                              In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Comment

• Trophy
                                • Mar 2009

This is still my favorite "poster" picture of Josh. Unfortunatly this game had no meaning, but he brings this kind of aggressiveness to any game he plays in.

Comment

Working...