X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vnzla81
    • Jul 2008

Buddy Hield gone

He gone
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!
  • vnzla81
    • Jul 2008

Indiana is nearing a deal to trade Buddy Hield to the 76ers, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

• vnzla81
      • Jul 2008

The Indiana Pacers are trading Buddy Hield to the 76ers for Marcus Morris, Furkan Korkmaz and three second-round picks, sources tell ESPN.

Comment

• pacer4ever
        • Aug 2010

Thank god. Wonder if we keep thek or wavie them. Probably cut Furkan Korkmaz.

Comment

• natjjohn
          • Jan 2011

Not sure if a fan of this.

Comment

• 712Jefferson
            • Dec 2009

Okay, us getting a Morris brother was not on my bingo card. Yuck. Three second round picks though and two expirings sounds about right.

Comment

• Mr_Smith
              pacer fan since 88-89
              • May 2009

Buddy was up and down and he wasn't gonna be re-signed anyway, oh well.... I wish we could have gotten Tobias Harris or something but salaries would have to match blah blah blah.
              A Morris twin and Korkmaz though????
              Last edited by Mr_Smith; 02-08-2024, 11:46 AM.
              Larry Bird and Ryan Grigson- wasting the talents of Paul George and Andrew Luck

Comment

• the_real_lg33
                IKL Recruiter
                • Nov 2017

I don't like anything about this deal. Tyrese better have been consulted.

Comment

• PaulGeorgeForPresident
                  • May 2013

This is a bad trade that makes us worse in the short term. Not a fan.

Comment

• Reggieslegkick
                    • Nov 2017

Originally posted by PaulGeorgeForPresident
                    This is a bad trade that makes us worse in the short term. Not a fan.

I agree. I’m not the biggest fan of Buddy’s game especially defense but these other guys bring nothing to the table and the pics are pretty much useless with our drafting system. Oh well what can ya do??

Comment

• Cubs231721
                      • Aug 2006

I like the thought process behind this trade. The Pacers are willing to take a small short-term hit to both give more experience to long-term options and to gain some small assets that are needed during the Pacers contending window. That shows they are still looking at the big picture.

Comment

• Pacemaker
                        • Jul 2007

IMO this moves says more about the Pacers fully committing to development our young studs Mathurin and Neismith. Another trade might be on the works? Thanks Buddy I'll be missing those BANG BANG BANG plays. Hopefully the front office will be able to find someone who can replace Buddy's shooting and persona.
                        Last edited by Pacemaker; 02-08-2024, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Dece
                          Tough Out Aficionado
                          • Oct 2007

Classic case of addition by subtraction. I would have been comfortable cutting him at this point, three second rounders is fine. The expiring contracts don't really matter, but maybe we can even get some toughness out of Morris this season. Team definitely needs it, lot of Charmin on the squad.

Comment

• vnzla81
                            • Jul 2008

Pacers should have traded him last trade deadline before he screwed up Pacers draft position and when his value was high.

In typical Pacers fashion they are getting some garbage they are just going to sell so the billionaire can get another boat.

Comment

• Dece
                              Tough Out Aficionado
                              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by vnzla81
                              Pacers should have traded him last trade deadline before he screwed up Pacers draft position and when his value was high.

In typical Pacers fashion they are getting some garbage they are just going to sell so the billionaire can get another boat.
                              Should have traded him before he ever played a game, but TRUE Pacers fashion would have been to let his contract expire and let him walk for no recompense. Seems maybe they are getting marginally better.

Comment

Working...