Will Pritchard finally be fired if Pacers miss playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jrwannabe
    replied
    His trade record is pretty good. His draft record (other than the big hit on Nemhardt ) and free agent signings are a whole different story.

Leave a comment:

• Dece
    replied
    The answer to will KP be fired, regardless of circumstances, is an unfortunate no. His job performance does not impact his position, in anyway. Maybe once ownership changes.

Leave a comment:

• festar35
    replied
    I don't think it's a win/loss thing just yet. If the team keeps developing and the young guys show improvement in areas, then he will be fine, and I will be fine with it. It's not like we've got a bunch of 27/28 year old guys hitting their prime. I mean, our All-Star is still only 23.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• RamBo_Lamar
    replied
    He's very well connected around the league and savvy enough to not urine off his superiors, so can't see it happening. His crew has been making good moves to try to make the team more competitive, and I have a hard time imagining it just falling apart to the point of justifying a shakeup like that. If things do though fall apart and the team wins only 25 games, then I could see a possibility. So long as his beloved tanning bed is waiting for him it would be no skin off his back either way.

Leave a comment:

• Pacergeek
    replied
    Originally posted by Motion Offense
    We are a rebuilding team so why fire the GM when the team is rebuilding?
    Because Pritchard isn't capable of a rebuild. Look at his draft history. Imagine thinking a GM drafting a 27 year old in the lottery is competent to lead a rebuild .​​​

Leave a comment:

• Motion Offense
    replied
    We are a rebuilding team so why fire the GM when the team is rebuilding?

Leave a comment:

• rimrattler
    replied
    No, and I am not even a Pritchard fan. Herb is very loyal to his guys. Now if you ask would Pritchard move into another role and Rick move into the GM position, I think that might be more likely.

Leave a comment:

• Will Pritchard finally be fired if Pacers miss playoffs?

ESPN has the Pacers projected to finish 9th in the East. If the Pacers miss the playoffs this season, this would be the fourth year in a row. In the NBA, seemingly every single team makes the playoffs, and missing the playoffs again would be completely unacceptable.

If the Pacers had an owner serious about winning, Pritchard would have been fired years ago. He has had several fireable offenses: Twin Towers, horrible drafting, the hiring of Nate Bjorken, and having a culture where star players ask out.

I am expecting this team to make the playoffs, but I wouldn't be surprised if we had another bad year. Would this finally be enough for Simon to realize Pritchard needs to go?

Working...