if I'm not that big guy, I think they should go get him and let me go somewhere else.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arcadian
    • Jan 2004

Re: if I'm not that big guy, I think they should go get him and let me go somewhere else.

I did but only because of the IF.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Comment

• Jay@Section12
      Administrator/ The Real Jay
      • Jan 2004

Re: if I'm not that big guy, I think they should go get him and let me go somewhere else.

Originally posted by Arcadian
      I did but only because of the IF.
      Alright. You're definitely getting a "most humerous" nomination from me now. You've proven that you can sustain it.
      Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
      Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
      Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
      Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
      And life itself, rushing over me
      Life itself, the wind in black elms,
      Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Comment

• naptownmenace
        • Jan 2004

I'm thinking that Ike Diogu and Troy Murphy are gonna fill that "big guy" role this year. I also think they can do a 3 times better than Harrison.

Comment

• Isaac
          • Apr 2005

I don't have a problem with anything David said here.

Comment

• NapTonius Monk
            The Enforcer
            • Jan 2007

THE INSOLENCE!!! Carlisle may not have been the best coach for Harrison, but he wasn't the cause of him picking up silly fouls and picking up hothead technicals when he did get onto the floor. Unreal. I've been a big critic of Harrison, but I really, really hope he lives up to his potential. His presence would do wonders for the team.
            Last edited by NapTonius Monk; 09-26-2007, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• Speed
              • Jan 2006

Wonder if this all is being put out there because they ARE getting ready to move him.

Comment

• Major Cold
                Gone to Twitter. Done he
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Speed
                Wonder if this all is being put out there because they ARE getting ready to move him.
                for what?

Another worthless Euro who won't see the court

Comment

• JayRedd
                  It Might Be a Soft J
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by Speed
                  To the waiver wire?
                  Read my Pacers blog:
                  8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Comment

• grace
                    woman without a team
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kegboy
                    Did anybody else see the thread title and think it was JO speaking?
                    First I thought it was O'Brien, then I thought it was JO. I'm shocked I didn't think it was Larry.

Comment

• grace
                      woman without a team
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by intridcold
                      for what?

Another worthless Euro who won't see the court
                      I'm sure that's what Larry is looking for.

Comment

• Speed
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by JayRedd
                        To the waiver wire?
                        Well typically they do it AFTER the trade where it will come out that the player wanted to be traded. I was thinking like Antonio Davis, but maybe doing it on the front end. Another Example, Al being traded away the first time because Al wanted to start and Bird said almost verbitum well he wasn't gonna start in front of Ron and JO.

I completely throwing darts in the dark here, but there is a history of them kinda covering themselves/distancing themselves from responsibility on trades. So if Harrison leaves and blows up (in a good way) they could say well he wanted to be traded its not totally our fault.

Also, I was wondering does Atlanta have sign and trade rights to the Euro that was the Pacers had interest in?
                        Last edited by Speed; 09-26-2007, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• ABADays
                          Boom Baby'er
                          • Jan 2004

With a new coach who knows what will happen. O'Brien's comment, however, seemed one of disinterest. At this point I'm for anyone who can, might, possibly elevate the team
                          The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Comment

• Shade
                            Administrator
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unclebuck
                            I like O'Brien's approach, "if he deserves to be on the court, then he'll be on the court".

Meaning he won't play any
                            Yup.

Comment

• Evan_The_Dude
                              • Jan 2005

Silly David. Hasn't he learned that the best way out of Indy is to break the law in some capacity and make the fans hate you?

Comment

• tmhorn15
                                • Sep 2006

I think that Rick had his favorites and some of the other players began to believe that no matter what they did, good or bad, it wasn't going to make a difference. David did come into camp in good shape, but he also hurt his shoulder. Hopefully JOB will be able to help his maturity. If he played with better control, he may not injure himself so frequently.

Also, does it seem that management and coaching staffs throughout the NBA are afraid to take the time to teach and help players mature because they don't want to appear to be coddling the players? There were so many young players coming into the NBA in the last decade without a lot of college, or any college, experience that the league seemed obsessed with making sure that they payed their dues and didn't get any special treatment that could be construed as trying to make up for inmaturity due to coming into the league too soon.

I'm hoping that JOB does everything a coach should be doing for the players without worrying about how everyone else defines his style.

Comment

Working...