Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Mike Dunleavy article and Pacers thought Jax was untradeable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Dunleavy article and Pacers thought Jax was untradeable

The part on jackson is in the second post

http://www.denverpost.com/portlet/ar...2608&siteId=36

marc j. spears - nba report
    Dunleavy: Perfect move
    By Marc J. Spears
    Denver Post NBA Beat Reporter
    Denver Post
    Article Last Updated:01/27/2007 10:46:08 PM MST

It's music to new Indiana Pacers forward Mike Dunleavy Jr.'s ears that he isn't hearing the boos anymore.

Dunleavy was drafted by Golden State with the third overall pick in 2002 after his junior season at Duke. Much was expected from the versatile guard-forward upon arrival to Oakland, Calif., after he was selected before the likes of Amare Stoudemire, Caron Butler, Nene, Oakland's own Drew Gooden and much later in the draft Tayshaun Prince and Carlos Boozer. And with the high pick came expectations Dunleavy would be an NBA all-star.

"People wanted a lot more out of me," Dunleavy said. "I didn't really look at it like that like, 'I'm the third pick and I have to do this.' I just tried to play the right way. What happened happened. It didn't work out. But being the third pick, I earned that."

Dunleavy averaged 5.7 points as a rookie and 11.7 and 13.4 points the next two seasons, respectively. While he had respectable growth, Warriors fans expected a superstar.

Before the 2005-06 season, expectations grew much greater when the Warriors signed him to five-year, $45 million contract. And after Dunleavy started last season slowly, Golden State fans began booing him after any mistake was made at home.

It got so bad that even if he hit several shots in a row he would get booed again once he missed. And even when he had 18 points, 13 rebounds, three assists and a blocked shot in his final Warriors game against the Los Angeles Clippers on Jan. 15, the home fans still booed.

"At first it was disappointing because I am a sports fan," Dunleavy said. "I don't think that's necessary if you're out there playing your (butt) off and trying to help the team win. If you're not playing hard and messing up off the court, I can understand. But it got to be ridiculous. ...

"It affected other people more than it affected me. My teammates, coaches and the staff, it was rattling them more than me."

The booing ended Jan. 18 when Dunleavy, forward Troy Murphy and Ike Diogu and guard Keith McLeod were dealt to Indiana for forward Al Harrington, swingman Stephen Jackson, forward Josh Powell and guard Sarunas Jasikevicius. Dunleavy, whose San Francisco crib is already up for sale, couldn't be happier. The 6-foot-9, 230-pounder averaged 12.7 points, five rebounds and four assists in his first three games with Indiana, numbers slightly better than he had at Golden State this season. He said he never asked Golden State to trade him.

"I always had a feeling that I needed to be moved. It was a big relief," Dunleavy said.

Another team interested in Dunleavy was the Clippers, who are coached by his father, Mike Dunleavy Sr. Rumors still persist about a potential exchange for Clippers swingman Corey Maggette. But if you thought the pressure of playing in Golden State was tough, imagine what it would be like playing for Pops. Junior feels such a situation could be "shaky."

"It's not so much the pressure," Dunleavy Jr. said. "It just can be an awkward situation. Here I have a fresh start. Normal. Just one of the guys on the team. It's a clean slate.

"If I played for my dad it's a whole different realm. It's a new team. But how do you deal with relationships with teammates? There is a lot of different variables."

After a tumultuous tenure in Oakland, Dunleavy is now in bliss in Indianapolis.

The slender swingman is not playing out of position at power forward anymore. The draft is old news there. And with a huge need in Indiana for clean-cut guys without a rap sheet, he is exactly what the Pacers needed. The booing? It won't return until he is in tough Oakland again.

"I honestly tried my best. It didn't work out. It's best for me and the Warriors," he said.

Footnotes

The Boston Celtics are the front-runner to land Memphis center Pau Gasol. The Celtics are dangling talented young forward Al Jefferson and several draft picks. Memphis is desperately trying to cut costs. ... Word is that the formula to land swingman Maggette via trade is a decent veteran, a good young player and a future first-round pick. ... BDA Sports vice president of marketing Bill Sanders laughed at the rumor that Houston Rockets all-star center Yao Ming, one of his company's clients, was dating actress Nia Long. "If he is dating Nia Long, then I'm dating Paris Hilton," Sanders said. ... Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony's fiancée, La La Vasquez, said last week that her pregnancy was going well and that her baby boy was on schedule to be born soon after NBA All-Star Weekend in Las Vegas in February. ... One NBA agent said rumblings that Ohio State center Greg Oden is seriously considering staying in school are getting louder. Once Oden decides to go pro, expect him to be represented by his AAU coach and former Olympic champion Mike Conley. Conley also is rumored to likely represent Duke sophomore forward Josh McRoberts if he leaves school early. ... Former Colorado forward Chris Copeland recently was signed by Fort Worth of the NBADL. ... One NBA draft prospect sleeper to watch is Virginia State's Avis Wyatt, a 6-11, 230-pound senior center.

MARC J. SPEARS' NBA MIDSEASON AWARDS
    MOST VALUABLE PLAYER

Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant

Comment: Bryant has led the Lakers to a winning record with the team's only other upper-echelon player, Lamar Odom, out with an injury. He also is making his teammates better. Washington's Gilbert Arenas, Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki and Phoenix's Steve Nash deserve mention.

COACH

Phil Jackson, Los Angeles Lakers

Comment: No Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. No Shaq and Kobe. It's just Kobe and role players, and Jackson has the Lakers winning. Dallas' Avery Johnson, Denver's George Karl and Phoenix's Mike D'Antoni deserve mention.

MOST IMPROVED PLAYER

Sacramento Kings guard Kevin Martin

Comment: Martin has nearly doubled his scoring average to 20.5 per game through Friday and has nicely filled Bonzi Wells' shoes as a scoring threat. The Lakers' Luke Walton, Denver's J.R. Smith and Utah's Carlos Boozer deserve mention.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER

Nuggets center Marcus Camby

Comment: Camby was second in the NBA in defensive rebounds per game (9.8) through Friday, was third in blocked shots per game (2.9) and second in rebounds per 48 minutes (18.2). Without him, Denver isn't a playoff team. Charlotte's Emeka Okafor, Phoenix's Shawn Marion and Minnesota's Kevin Garnett deserve mention.

SIXTH MAN

Chicago Bulls guard Ben Gordon

Comment: Gordon is averaging a team-best 21.3 points off the bench. Only one sixth man, Milwaukee's Ricky Pierce in 1989-90, has led his team in scoring. Phoenix guard Leandro Barbosa was also considered.

ROOKIE

Portland Trail Blazers guard Brandon Roy

Comment: Even with an early-season injury, Roy has locked down the award in a weak rookie class. The former University of Washington star plays like a veteran and is averaging 14.3 points, 4.3 rebounds and 2.9 assists through Friday's games.

SPOTLIGHT ON ... NUGGETS CENTER MARCUS CAMBY
    Background: The 11-year NBA veteran has never been an all-star. Missing 16 games before Western Conference coaches voted for reserves last season likely cost the 6-foot-11, 235-pounder an all-star roster spot despite solid statistics. He finished last season averaging 12.8 points, career-highs of 11.9 rebounds and 1.4 steals per game and led the NBA with 3.29 blocked shots per game. "I broke my finger and missed an extended period of time," Camby said. "I've seen other guys make it with injuries."

What's up: Camby is the West's most deserving true center candidate. He is averaging 12.3 points, an NBA-leading 12.5 rebounds, ranked third in blocked shots per game (2.9) and also averaged 2.9 assists. If the NBA goes with a true center to replace Houston's Yao Ming, who was voted in by the fans, Camby's biggest competition will be Phoenix's Amare Stoudemire while Utah's Mehmet Okur is a dark horse. Stoudemire is averaging 18.7 points, 9.1 rebounds and ranked third in the NBA in field-goal percentage (.605). While talented, Stoudemire's offensive numbers are strongly aided by two-time MVP guard Steve Nash. Camby ranks 14th in NBA efficiency rating (23.53) while Stoudemire is 21st (22.1).

"I would love to make the (West all-star) team," Camby said. "But I'm not going to cross my fingers and be let down."

What's next: NBA commissioner David Stern will pick Yao's replacement. Western Conference coaches will pick seven West all-star reserves who will be announced Thursday. Camby will be hurt by tough competition from a long list of deserving forwards, including Denver's Carmelo Anthony, Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki, Utah's Carlos Boozer, Phoenix's Shawn Marion, Dallas' Josh Howard and the Los Angeles Clippers' Elton Brand. Could Denver have three all-stars in a likely addition of guard Allen Iverson, Anthony and Camby? Iverson and Anthony strongly overshadow Camby in popularity and media attention.

"They are great players that will be on the team," Camby said about Iverson and Anthony. "I get overshadowed a lot."

Spears' take: Camby flat out deserves to be there. If the West coaches truly weigh the statistics and importance to the team, he will be there. Camby played a key role in the Nuggets staying afloat during Anthony's 15-game suspension. Unfortunately, politics and a long list of competition in the talented West will hurt him.

Camby: Ewing the best
    Nuggets forward Marcus Camby has played with numerous superstars during his 11-year NBA career. Camby lists Patrick Ewing as the best and declined to rank his other four favorites.

* Carmelo Anthony

* Patrick Ewing

* Allan Houston

* Allen Iverson

* Latrell Sprewell

Re: Mike Dunleavy article and Pacers thought Jax was untradeable

Mike Monroe's NBA Beat notebook

Web Posted: 01/27/2007 11:44 PM CST

San Antonio Express-News

Kudos to Antonio McDyess. McDyess showed restraint after he and Kevin Garnett got involved in a near-fight in Minneapolis on Jan. 19. After they were separated. McDyess said a courtside fan started hollering at him, threatening him and using the most inflammatory of racial epithets. "That really made me angry, and I thought about going after the guy," McDyess said. "I mean, if we get suspended and thrown out, why can't the fan get thrown out if the referee is listening to that. But I just walked away. I wasn't going to do a Ron Artest." ...

A member of Pacers' basketball staff whispered in our ear a few days ago that the atmosphere in the Indy locker room is 100 percent better now that one-time Spurs player Stephen Jackson isn't in it, traded to the Warriors. "We actually thought he was untradeable and couldn't believe we were able to get rid of him in the trade," our friend said. ...

By blowing an 18-point lead to Atlanta on Wednesday, the Celtics set a franchise record for consecutive home losses with eight, eclipsing the seven from both the 1993-94 and '96-97 seasons. This is a franchise that once lost only eight home games over the course of three complete seasons (1985-86 through 1987-88). ...

Every time the Nets play the Warriors in Oakland, local media types ask Jason Kidd if he'd like to return to his hometown some day and play for the Warriors. Kidd used to say it would be great if that could happen. This time, he said he's happy in New Jersey and wants to finish out his career there. ...

Until he airballed a late 3-point try that could have sent Friday's game at Utah into overtime, Steve Blake had been money in the bank on big shots since joining the Nuggets. His four-point play at Houston and two late 3-pointers against Seattle sealed two Nuggets victories. ...

Jazz coach Jerry Sloan never has had a curfew for his players, but after two of his players were accused of sexual assault at 2:30 in the morning (no charges were filed) he has told them to be in their hotel rooms by midnight when the team travels.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Dunleavy
      "I didn't really look at it like, 'I'm the third pick and I have to do this.' I just tried to play the right way.
      Remember the thread we had not long ago about, "playing the right way?"

We've gotten what we wished for.
      And I won't be here to see the day
      It all dries up and blows away
      I'd hang around just to see
      But they never had much use for me
      In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Comment

Originally posted by Unclebuck View Post
        A member of Pacers' basketball staff whispered in our ear a few days ago that the atmosphere in the Indy locker room is 100 percent better now that one-time Spurs player Stephen Jackson isn't in it, traded to the Warriors. "We actually thought he was untradeable and couldn't believe we were able to get rid of him in the trade," our friend said. ...
        There it is. I remember someone saying that RC and Jack had a close relationship. I wonder if he will give Jack a big hug on 2/5...LMAO!!!

Comment

"rid of him" is the perfect use of words there....

I'm glad we made the trade. I miss Al's personality, but not his game. The new guys are working out well. Even if they weren't, that was a great trade for us...

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Comment

I suspected as much.

Even if the product on the floor wasn't better (and it seems to be), I think the trade was very good for us in a "what it enables us to do" type way.

As in, we don't have to wonder if we can find someone to take Stephen Jackson off our hands.
            This space for rent.

Comment

I'm not sure any player is truly 'untradeable'. It just depends on how the egos of the wheelers and dealers play out. Which egos think their system, city, coach, players are superior enough to make someone else's bad egg(s) work for them... Compared to how willing the other side is to cut their losses and at what cost can they accept...

When you look around the league, and take a look at history, there are plenty trades of 'untradeable' players. Whether they were deemed untradeable because of their contract, their behavior, their popularity, or whatever... when push comes to shove TPTB finds a way to get it done- when they want to bad enough.

-Bball
              Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Comment

That one guy lists four players as considerable DPOY, but not Jermaine.

Comment

Isn't it nice to read about new players who say they are "happy to be here" and really mean it?
                  The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Comment

Originally posted by imawhat View Post
                    That one guy lists four players as considerable DPOY, but not Jermaine.
                    I find it interesting that normally the guy leading the league in blocks always gets kudos for being great defensively but it seems JO is being totally ignored SI has a recent article about the "best" blockers in the nba this year and I couldn't find any mention of JO..
                    You didn't think it was gonna be that easy, did you? ..... You know, for a second there, yeah, I kinda did.....
                    Silly rabbit..... Trix are for kids.

Comment

Make no mistake though the Warriors probably believed that Troy and Mike were untradeable at least to a large degree. Most teams in the NBA would have wanted nothing to do with their contracts - but we did because it allowed us to get rid of Jax

Comment

Originally posted by Unclebuck View Post
                        Make no mistake though the Warriors probably believed that Troy and Mike were untradeable at least to a large degree. Most teams in the NBA would have wanted nothing to do with their contracts - but we did because it allowed us to get rid of Jax
                        And it cleans up the image for the next few years at least.

Comment

Originally posted by ABADays View Post
                          Isn't it nice to read about new players who say they are "happy to be here" and really mean it?
                          No, because they all say that. What I prefer is guys that join the team and DON'T SAY "that last team sucked, I hated being there, so glad to be out".

I don't need to hear DunDun or Murph or DA or anyone rip into their former team as some justification. When they join the team and don't trash out the last one, then I think you feel good about who you just acquired. So far I think that's how all the recent Pacers additions have been.

Of course Al talked that way too and then surprised us all by ripping away at Indy once he was gone again.

BTW, Jack hasn't put up great numbers, but so far the results they are getting with him on the court prove why he was tradable. Maybe he's a locker room problem, hard to be sure from one secret source. We've heard rumors about lots of guys being problems, including AJ and Fred. So we don't know for sure on that.

To me the trade was a lot more about moving Al based on how Rick spoke of him after the deal and his benching for the 2nd half just before that. Seeing how much better Trophy fits with JO proves that it was a good decision, and hearing Al take his "I'm gonna do a Ron Artest/I really wanted to join the Warriors anyway" act to GS makes it even better.

Those weren't secrect comments, those were public statements, so to me they carry a lot more power than the towel boy with the Pacers telling a reporter it was bad.

But both are playing great for GS, at least by their standards. We're happy, their happy. Good trade.

Comment

Originally posted by quiller View Post
                            I find it interesting that normally the guy leading the league in blocks always gets kudos for being great defensively but it seems JO is being totally ignored SI has a recent article about the "best" blockers in the nba this year and I couldn't find any mention of JO..
                            Seriously, WTF on this issue? It shouldn't even be close either.

On top of that, it's not like he's low profile, hasn't been an MVP candidate before, etc. This isn't the unknown guy with an unknown team. His name is mentioned all the time. He's no less known than someone like KG at this point (partly because of the brawl of course).

If this was Reggie Evans or someone I could see being overlooked by accident.

Comment

I love this trade, at first i was mad about runi being gone but it was for the best. the trade has been great for us so far...Danny Granger has stepped his game up and same for the rest of the team, last nights game vs Toronto it really showed.
                              If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
                              [/center]
                              @thatguyjoe84

Comment

Working...
                              X