X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tde3000
    lone pacers fan in israel
    • Jul 2008

pacers fans in weird places

any pacers fan here that have no geographic reason to be a pacers fan?
    oh, and also not player fans(that is, people that liked a player in college or something like that)
  • RWB
    • May 2004

Re: pacers fans in weird places

Originally posted by tde3000
    any pacers fan here that have no geographic reason to be a pacers fan?
    oh, and also not player fans(that is, people that liked a player in college or something like that)
    I don't know you would have to ask the Canadians, Aussies, or members from China or the Netherlands, etc; that question?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Comment

• rexnom
      Headband and Rec Specs
      • Dec 2005

Cue picture of JayRedd and LG's mom, although I don't know if that qualifies as a "weird" place, per se. Maybe to JayRedd it does.

Comment

• JayRedd
        It Might Be a Soft J
        • May 2006

You mean like the backseat of a Volkswagon?
        Read my Pacers blog:
        8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Comment

• LG33
          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by rexnom
          Cue picture of JayRedd and LG's mom, although I don't know if that qualifies as a "weird" place, per se. Maybe to JayRedd it does.
          A vagina is an odd place for JR to be, true, but I'd like to lodge a formal complaint about the association of my mother's good name with a dirty, rotten, brawl-supporting scoundrel like Redd.

I'm from New Jersey, saw a Pacers/Knicks playoff game at the Garden, became an instant fan. Not a fan because of Troy Murphy.

Comment

• ajbry
            One man show
            • Apr 2005

One word: Reggie.

Comment

• Unclebuck
              Administrator
              • Jan 2004

I suppose I'll get the joke out of the way now, "an odd place for Pacers fans to be - Conseco Fieldhouse" - at least last year it was odd

Comment

• tde3000
                lone pacers fan in israel
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by RWB
                I don't know you would have to ask the Canadians, Aussies, or members from China or the Netherlands, etc; that question?
                something like that.

Comment

• ilive4sports
                  • Oct 2005

Well I first became a fan when i was still living in Mountain Top, Pennsylvania(near the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area). Not completely sure why i became a Pacers fan. I guess I always liked how Reggie and MJ would go at it. I was young, like 10 at oldest when I really started following the Pacers. Then I instantly became a huge JO fan when he got traded here.

Not one other Pacers fan up there that I have met. Since then I moved to the Harrisburg area and didnt meet any there either. Now im in State College at PSU and havent met any yet but im sure there is someone else here. Most talk is football right now.

Comment

• travmil
                    The New Gold Swagger
                    • Dec 2004

Btown has at least 2 Pacer fans in his basement.

Comment

• Twes
                      dennaB
                      • Jul 2006

I've always thought Geezer wearing a hockey mask shopping Priscillas was a little strange.

But who am I to judge.

Comment

• 31andonly
                        • Nov 2006

Pacers fan since I watched my first NBA game. Everybody was and has always been rooting for Jordan and the Bulls and I just liked the yellow ones, especially #31.
                        I loved the way Reggie played, I loved the team, I've been in fact the only one who liked these guys from Indiana, the guys who nobody really knew or wanted to watch because they were too unspectacular and boring (not for me), and so I began to show interest in the Pacers and the whole state of Indiana.

Since then I'm checking the box scores every morning and I'm trying to catch every game, which - by the way - is very difficult here in Germany. I'm seriously thinking about ordering League Pass for the upcoming season.

We'll see...

Comment

• Mourning
                          All is full of Orange!
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by 31andonly
                          Pacers fan since I watched my first NBA game. Everybody was and has always been rooting for Jordan and the Bulls and I just liked the yellow ones, especially #31.
                          I loved the way Reggie played, I loved the team, I've been in fact the only one who liked these guys from Indiana, the guys who nobody really knew or wanted to watch because they were too unspectacular and boring (not for me), and so I began to show interest in the Pacers and the whole state of Indiana.

Since then I'm checking the box scores every morning and I'm trying to catch every game, which - by the way - is very difficult here in Germany. I'm seriously thinking about ordering League Pass for the upcoming season.

We'll see...
                          Let me know how that worked out as I'm considering it myself aswell. I have the same morning procedure btw .
                          2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Comment

• The Hustler
                            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by 31andonly

We'll see...

Sounds fairly familier, became a pacer fan cause they were the underdogs against chicago in 1998, and i guess i just love the game so i keep trying to watch as much as i can.

Trying to watch games here is very difficult, but i have had many a late night till 4 or 5 am watching random games or the draft etc. just cause i wanna watch basketball.
                            'All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.'
                            Animal Farm, by George Orwell

Comment

• AesopRockOn
                              You Did It Joseph!!!!
                              • Jul 2006

Yup.
                              You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Comment

Working...