X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad-Mad-Mario
    • Jul 2012

Re: "LeBroning" Officially a thing!

Originally posted by graphic-er
    Dude just google "Lebron Flops vs Pacers in Playoffs" you'll get atleast 3 from the ECF series.
    At least 5 in just Game 3

Comment

• ColeTheMole
      The Mole
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Slick Pinkham
      Lance played in 78 games last year.

compare the number of Lebron flops to the number of Lance flops. Google image searches of "Lebron flop 2013" or "Lebron flop gif 2013" gives dozens. I found one video of a Lance flop, involving Dwight Howard.
      Read. I said he has cooled it down. I am talking about this season.
      DG for 3

Comment

• AesopRockOn
        You Did It Joseph!!!!
        • Jul 2006

Players will flop, throw elbows, complain to the refs, or untie their opponent's shoelaces if it legal and they think it will get them a competitive advantage. I don't really begrudge anyone for those things, especially when they are relatively difficult to identify and evaluate. At this point, Lance's flops are still charming, as he is committed 100% to exhibiting balletic grace with them. Bron's OTOH are much more purposeful and calculated. But let's not pretend that opposing fans don't recognize what Lance is doing; it's just closer to antics than playmaking at the moment.
        You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Comment

• ColeTheMole
          The Mole
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by graphic-er
          Dude just google "Lebron Flops vs Pacers in Playoffs" you'll get atleast 3 from the ECF series.
          The ECF were this season? I thought they were last?
          DG for 3

Comment

• RobRoy317
            Your Daddy
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Since86
            Even if someone does a video of a flop from this season, it doesn't prove or disprove whether or not Lance flops more.

There has been discussions about Lance flopping, but what Lance does is neither here nor there when talking about LeBron. Flopping in general for any player is ridiculous. Flopping by the best player on Earth is even more ridiculous.
            How is LeBron flopping more ridiculous than any other Earthling that flops?
            "What you are witnessing right now is the old Danny Granger of old!!" - Chris Denari 01/01/2014

Comment

• RobRoy317
              Your Daddy
              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by TMJ31
              No he doesn't.

He flops, I won't deny it. But to say he does it more than LeBron is ludicrous.
              Let me see your record of what NBA games you watch both online & on TV, completed with a tally of exactly how many times LeBron has flopped vs. exactly how many times Lance has flopped.
              "What you are witnessing right now is the old Danny Granger of old!!" - Chris Denari 01/01/2014

Comment

• BillS
                Angry Old Poster
                • Mar 2004

I'm not up for the comparison saying Lance is more egregious than LeBron, mainly because LeBron doesn't NEED to do it at all.

That said, here's what I think when I see Lance hit the floor:

Attached Files
                BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
                Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

Comment

• TinManJoshua
                  • May 2010

Seems like there are some people here who are getting uppity about Lebron being made fun of.

"Just pointing out Lance does it too" yeah ok you wouldn't need to point that out if you weren't being so uppity about Lebron being made fun of.
                  We aren't the only fanbase that makes fun of Lebron's flopping. All those other teams have one of those guys too. The "he without sin" thing is self-righteous at best. This isn't damnation, is just a little ribbing for someone who totally deserves it for the ridiculous thing he does.

Comment

• TMJ31
                    BOOM BABY!
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by RobRoy317
                    Let me see your record of what NBA games you watch both online & on TV, completed with a tally of exactly how many times LeBron has flopped vs. exactly how many times Lance has flopped.

Comment

• Slick Pinkham
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ColeTheMole
                      Read. I said he has cooled it down. I am talking about this season.
                      I can read. Two words for you: sample size.

Dude has flopped for years, and what he's done or not done in the last month or two doesn't change that a bit.
                      The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!).

Comment

• RobRoy317
                        Your Daddy
                        • Jul 2012

In conclusion, TMJ31 has provided indisputable evidence that saying Lance flops more than LeBron is ludicrous, making his comment valid.

Comment

• TMJ31
                          BOOM BABY!
                          • Mar 2004

In conclusion, TMJ31 has provided indisputable evidence that saying Lance flops more than LeBron is ludicrous, making his comment valid.
                          Sorry, my friend.

But you don't get to just walk into a thread, make a hyperbolic demand that someone lists EVERYTHING they have ever watched related to basketball as a means to qualify their opinion, and then expect to be taken seriously.

And yes, saying that Lance flops more than LeBron *IS* ludicrous. I have a feeling you know that just as well as I (and everyone reading this) does, too.

Comment

• RobRoy317
                            Your Daddy
                            • Jul 2012

Sorry, my friend.

But you don't get to just walk into a thread, make a hyperbolic demand that someone lists EVERYTHING they have ever watched related to basketball as a means to qualify their opinion, and then expect to be taken seriously.

And yes, saying that Lance flops more than LeBron *IS* ludicrous. I have a feeling you know that just as well as I (and everyone reading this) does, too.
                            You didn't offer it as an opinion. You offered it up as a FACT, you straight up said "No he doesn't." Also, no, I don't know flops more because I haven't watched every Heat game and don't know who flops more. It is not LUDICROUS to say that Lance flops more than LeBron. If you actually thought I expected you to whip out your TV history you are mistaken - I was trying to make a ridiculous request comparable to your post that offered something up as a fact, when the only way you back up this claim is by saying essentially that "to take the other side is ludicrous."

We should of just all turned off our computers since you are the flop arbiter and just claimed, "No he doesn't." as a fact, then acted like you gave an explained opinion. Every page should just end with someone commenting "No, other side is wrong.", it would save us so much time. Case dismissed.

Comment

• TMJ31
                              BOOM BABY!
                              • Mar 2004

You didn't offer it as an opinion. You offered it up as a FACT, you straight up said "No he doesn't." Also, no, I don't know flops more because I haven't watched every Heat game and don't know who flops more. It is not LUDICROUS to say that Lance flops more than LeBron. If you actually thought I expected you to whip out your TV history you are mistaken - I was trying to make a ridiculous request comparable to your post that offered something up as a fact, when the only way you back up this claim is by saying essentially that "to take the other side is ludicrous."

We should of just all turned off our computers since you are the flop arbiter and just claimed, "No he doesn't." as a fact, then acted like you gave an explained opinion. Every page should just end with someone commenting "No, other side is wrong.", it would save us so much time. Case dismissed.
                              Ok, clearly you and I have different methods of utilizing sarcasm, online-debating, and general conflict resolution.

So I am just going to chalk this up to... that.

The fact of the matter is: Yes, as Pacers fans we have seen Lance lay out a few Oscar-worthy flops. I didn't and won't deny that.

But as a basketball fan, and a person who has internet access and the ability to search ESPN, NBA League Pass, Google images, Twitter and YouTube (etc), I can safely say that LeBron James has a substantially larger history of flopping than Lance Stephenson. LeBron's flopping history has some of the most egregious, blatant, and unquestionably obvious flops by any player currently in the NBA. We've seen it on display at least a half dozen times if not more in our OWN contests against the Heat in the past year+.

So, I am sorry if you took my saying "No he doesn't" as somehow offensive to your sensibilities as a basketball fan.

It does not change the fact: Lance Stephenson does not flop as often or egregiously as LeBron James.

Comment

• TMJ31
                                BOOM BABY!
                                • Mar 2004

As soon as #Lanceing becomes a hugely popular internet meme, then maybe we can revive this conversation.

Comment

Working...