Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hicks
    • Jun 2004

Danny Granger post ASG update(s)

Originally I was going to post this just to talk about the fact that Scott Agness (pacers.com writer) was reporting earlier today that Frank Vogel made it sound like Danny may not play this Wednesday, which I thought was somewhat discouraging news. Not that he said he wouldn't play, only that Frank was saying that he wouldn't until he 'felt 100%', implying (to me, at least) that he's not currently feeling 100% and therefore is still not fully ready.

This frustrates me to a point, though I suppose in the bigger picture I applaud them taking their time and letting Danny feel truly ready to go rather than forcing things (even a little bit). Still, I'm chomping at the bit to see this team whole and intact, and these latest delays keep taking the wind out of my sails; I'm ready to see what this team can due at 100%!

That was the original reason for the thread.

Now, there's this late tonight from Alex Kennedy (writer for Hoopsworld, and as far as I know has legitimate sources):

Uh... how seriously should we take this? I don't mean in terms of 'is it real', I mean, IF IT IS REAL, then how serious is this?
  • Brad8888
    Fatman the Malevolent
    • Dec 2008

Re: Danny Granger post ASG update(s)

I don't think cartilage ever "heals". I suspect (but obviously have no way of proving) that the tendonosis (not "itis") produced some excessive scar tissue that might have rubbed through the cartilage over time.

Still feeling eerily Dunleavy-esque to me.

Really REALLY hope I am blowing this way out of proportion...

Comment

• Peck
      Administrator
      • Jan 2004

Not gonna lie, this is disappointing news. Not so much that he has a hole in his cartilage but the fact that he still isn't ready to go. Honestly if he can't go by the middle of March then IMO him coming back would probably be a disruption to the team as they try and get him to speed as the season is almost over. I guess there would be time for him to be ready for the playoffs but with Danny's general slow start history it does cause me concern.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Comment

• bshall
        • Nov 2009

I'm not surprised as the DG33 situation has been weird since the preseason. It always seemed like there was more to the story that what the Pacers let be known. I don't really understand why they didn't come out with the full truth from the start.

Comment

• Miller_time04
          • May 2004

Man.....just tell the fans the truth already...feels like he's not coming back this season to me...

Comment

• imawhat
            Bring Back David West
            • Aug 2006

Bizarre, whatever that means. At least it's in past tense. And he's practicing with the starting unit.

Comment

• Heisenberg
              u bum
              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by imawhat
              Bizarre, whatever that means. At least it's in past tense. And he's practicing with the starting unit.
              Yeah, same. Doesn't really change my outlook, he's practicing, going 5 on 5, all that.

Comment

• aamcguy
                • Mar 2012

I'm not very worried about him. I honestly think that if the Bulls were rushing Rose back Granger would have already played. But we are a better team sans Granger than the Bulls are sans Rose, so as long as he sits the more time to rehab we can afford to give Granger without jeopardizing our chances at the Central.
                Time for a new sig.

Comment

• rock747
                  • Dec 2007

The fact that we haven't heard from Danny Granger himself all year is very weird in itself.

Not surprised there's more to the story than what they were telling us.
                  "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Comment

• able
                    Grumpy Old Man (PD host)
                    • Jan 2004

the FACT that DG was treated for patellar tendinoses and NOT patellar tendinitis makes this a limp-horse to start with, I will refrain from the usual hoopshype remarks.

He (Danny) will be back shortly I am sure, if shortly means Wednesday? not to sure.
                    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
                    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Comment

• cgg
                      yawn
                      • Jun 2006

I've never heard of anything being referred to as a "small" hole in cartilage, so I don't know what to think if it is true.
                      "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

Comment

• xtacy
                        PROUD 2 B A PACERS FAN!
                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by bshall
                        I'm not surprised as the DG33 situation has been weird since the preseason. It always seemed like there was more to the story that what the Pacers let be known. I don't really understand why they didn't come out with the full truth from the start.
                        my thoughts exactly.

Comment

• Sollozzo
                          • Jan 2004

I stopped being optimistic about this situation a long time ago. I'm operating under the mindset that we're not going to to have him anywhere near 100% this season, and that's if he plays at all. I consider anything he can give us to be a bonus. It's going to be March in ten days, and if he doesn't play soon then it's going to seriously look like he's going to miss the entire season.

Comment

• Sollozzo
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by aamcguy
                            I'm not very worried about him. I honestly think that if the Bulls were rushing Rose back Granger would have already played. But we are a better team sans Granger than the Bulls are sans Rose, so as long as he sits the more time to rehab we can afford to give Granger without jeopardizing our chances at the Central.
                            Rose has nothing to do with it. The Pacers would be reckless if they let Rose factor into when Granger played.

Comment

• duke dynamite
                              #IndyForever
                              • Dec 2006

I'm pretty sure Mike Wells would've said something if this were true.

Comment

Working...