Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • croz24
    • Jun 2005

Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

Originally posted by Anthem
    So, if his percentages start going up again, you'll be happy with Granger?
    If he's at 45% and taking no more than 12 shots per game, then yea I'll be happy. But the odds of him doing that are slim imo.

Comment

• Anthem
      White and Nerdy
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by croz24
      If he's at 45% and taking no more than 12 shots per game, then yea I'll be happy. But the odds of him doing that are slim imo.
      If Danny's hitting 45%, why on earth would you want to limit him to 12 shots per game?
      This space for rent.

Comment

• croz24
        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Anthem
        If Danny's hitting 45%, why on earth would you want to limit him to 12 shots per game?
        Because I don't think he has any chance in hell at 45% if he's taking more than 10-12 shots per game. Less is more many times, and with Granger I believe that's the case. He needs to focus more on his quality of shots as opposed to quantity.

Comment

• 90'sNBARocked
          LovingTeamDipo!
          • Nov 2009

I , personally would have rather had us take a flyer on Flynn, as opposed to Ben Hansbrough.

Oh the dreaded "potential",
          Sittin on top of the world!

Comment

• Cherokee
            • Aug 2006

Actually, he is correct. Balogna is food; baloney means foolishness. Not trying to be a smart-***, just trying to help.

Originally posted by Pacers4Life
            All credibility out the window for spelling the word bologna like that.

Danny Granger should never be traded IMO because I can't see much less predict a trade where we get the equal bang for the buck that DG brings us (as not only a seasoned vet, but an INDIANA seasoned vet, his above average defense, his fire when dealing with LeWhine James, and his overall tenacious attitude. I think it fits with what i want Indiana basketball to be). And if you've never read the article about Danny and his "old man moves", much like David West i think DG's game will transition well into his 33-34th birthday

Comment

• beast23
              • Jan 2004

I do believe that the traditionally poor distribution skills of Pacers point guards have had an impact on the shooting percentages of our players, particularly our perimeter players. Without a good distributor I contend that there is a greater likelihood of possessions ending in hurried shots to beat the shot clock. And, more often than not, it is a perimeter player that is forced to take the hurried shot.

I'm hoping that Hill and Augustine both prove more capable than previous at getting the ball to open players in their sweet spots. So, wat am I expecting this year? One of the biggest improvements I am expecting is a better shooting percentage for our team as a whole. With our better athleticism and distribution, I also expect to see us shoot more free throws as opponents attempt to recover to our shooters.

Comment

• pacer4ever
                • Aug 2010

Jeff Green is a damn good player with a talent level arguably superior to Granger prior to his heart conditions. We'll see what he does this year in Boston. And where did I say Flynn was going to be awesome? I said his character is what we need on this team and obviously NBA teams thought highly enough to draft him top 10. Kid put up 14.5ppg and 4.5apg his rookie season afterall... Of course I've been off on a couple of guys, like Alexander, but I also called for Hibbert, Rondo, and George before just about anybody else on here made mention of those guys. Even recall calling Harden the best player in the draft while guys like Naptown Seth were comparing him to Mateen Cleaves. Hate on.
                Jeff Green is average at best in fact every team he has played on has been better without him statically than with him. He isn't anything special at all and what the Cs are paying him is laughable and in no way shape or form was he superior to Granger that is beyond laughable(im not the biggest Granger fan BTW)

Jeff Green doesnt pass my eye test and the stats back me up as well

I agree I have griped on Granger for his poor shot selection in the past..

I think we may see something close to this Granger had never played with a good team until last year. I expect year two to be much better shot selection wise and knowing his role. I hope we stays in the post more he is a hell of a post player when he wants to be.
                Last edited by pacer4ever; 10-29-2012, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• McKeyFan
                  Intuition over Integers
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by 90'sNBARocked
                  Vinny, are you tryin to win "sunshine poster of the year"
                  "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference

Comment

• vnzla81
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by pacer4ever
                    Jeff Green is average at best in fact every team he has played on has been better without him statically than with him. He isn't anything special at all and what the Cs are paying him is laughable and in no way shape or form was he superior to Granger that is beyond laughable(im not the biggest Granger fan BTW)

Jeff Green doesnt pass my eye test and the stats back me up as well

I agree I have griped on Granger for his poor shot selection in the past..

I think we may see something close to this Granger had never played with a good team until last year. I expect year two to be much better shot selection wise and knowing his role. I hope we stays in the post more he is a hell of a post player when he wants to be.
                    Jeff Green is pretty good, good defender, good scorer, he can also post up and play the 4, not a bad player to have.
                    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

Working...