Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ace E.Anderson
    • Dec 2011

Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

Originally posted by vnzla81
    Ronnie Brewer against Danny is one of those games that comes to mind, Danny's lazines made Brewer look amazing, I could bring more examples but I don't feel like it
    Lol you just proved my point! I agree that Danny gets lazy against inferior offensive players, but it's not like Brewer went for 30. Dude scored like 18-21 pts.

Comment

• Eleazar
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Naptown_Seth
      You know Indy really isn't that dangerous a city, and apart from the Chicago/Gary area and a few near Eastside Indy spots, Danny could probably take a walk at midnight and not get bothered at all anywhere in Indiana. Unless he was mixed up with the Outlaws, likes hanging out in downtown Gary at 1 AM (or Club Rio), or has a blood feud with the Amish, he's probably going to be able to get by with just 1 security dude.
      I don't know, if he goes to one of the more KKK leaning areas late at night he might not come out all squeaky clean.

Comment

• WhoLovesYaBaby?
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by pacergod2
        That's not what it feels like when they throw their old man weight into you as you go up for a shot. Old men are dirty, nasty, opportunistic, and smart basketball players. Only because I would like to think of myself that way.
        I am really quite clean.

Comment

• WhoLovesYaBaby?
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Eleazar
          I don't know, if he goes to one of the more KKK leaning areas late at night he might not come out all squeaky clean.
          How do you know where they are?

Comment

• Eleazar
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by WhoLovesYaBaby?
            That is a good question.

Comment

• vnzla81
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Ace E.Anderson
              Lol you just proved my point! I agree that Danny gets lazy against inferior offensive players, but it's not like Brewer went for 30. Dude scored like 18-21 pts.
              20points 10rebounds 5 assists and 3 steals.
              @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

• vnzla81
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by WhoLovesYaBaby?
                I know where they are and I know not to go there
                @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

• Anthem
                  White and Nerdy
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vnzla81
                  Do you really think a team in their right mind would trade for him and his high salary and give something of value in return? it's not even about me liking him or not it's about reality, his knee has been an issue for a while now, remember the time you wanted to trade Dunleavy before his value went to the toilet because of his knee? yep same story different player.
                  So... I'm going to mark you down as "Refusing to answer." Which is pretty much what I expected.
                  This space for rent.

Comment

• CJ Jones
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Ace E.Anderson
                    I've never understood this Danny is a bad defender thing. Outside of Lebron (who kills everybody) I can't think of a single player "lighting" Danny up. (In fact, during the first 3 games of the MIA series, Danny was even giving Bron a little bit of trouble.)

He's had his lapse in effort where a less talented player has scored 15 points, but I just cant recall too many games where Danny is just taken to school.

If you want to complain about his shot selection, and maybe his tendency to force a shot or two--I can see it.
                    But his defense? I've thought since the coaching change, Danny's defense has gone back to Pre-MIP Danny. (less athleticism, more physicality)
                    He cant guard Mello and he struggles against high energy guys like Brewer and the dude from Denver. Danny can be a good defender when he wants to, but he's not a stopper or a guy you put on the other teams best player like Deng and Iggy... guys he's usually compared to.

Comment

• Ace E.Anderson
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by CJ Jones
                      He cant guard Mello and he struggles against high energy guys like Brewer and the dude from Denver. Danny can be a good defender when he wants to, but he's not a stopper or a guy you put on the other teams best player like Deng and Iggy... guys he's usually compared to.
                      Danny isn't a stopper by any means, and he's a much better shooter/scorer than those two. Those two guys never had to shoulder the offensive load DG's had to in the past.

We've all had this argument countless times, I just don't think he's a below average defender. Stopper? Not at all. Good defender? Very much so

Comment

• pizza guy
                        The Dude Abides
                        • Nov 2004

Danny has one of the best value contracts in the league. He is well respected as a quality player and seen as the perfect second option on a title team. I do think hos age and health are going to be a factor in trade value soon, but if we had to blow it up tomorrow, I think we could get good value for him.

That said, unless we blow it up, Heisenberg not going anywhere. This team has been built with him in mind, he is the perfect fit for his role, he is a perfect fit for Indiana, and it's not like we could trade him for a Lebron, Kobe, Durant type of guy. He and DWest are the big brothers on this team and all the young guys know those two have their back. It is our identity, and really no one else is going to fill that role.
                        It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

Comment

• PacersPride
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2010

i think Danny is safe. this team wants to build off of last season. 2-3 years from now when Granger's contract expires ask again. alot of that will depend on Paul George's development.

the question i would like to see answered first is Paul George a more natural fit at sg or sf? if the latter than Granger prob needs to be moved from a business perspective. but with Granger wearing the blue and gold since day 1 that has to be taken into consideration.

i guess it comes down to Grangers value when his contract expires and George's development.

Comment

• croz24
                            • Jun 2005

Someone explain to me how 41% shooting and a yearly decline in his %s makes Danny a good shooter...

Comment

• aamcguy
                              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by croz24
                              Someone explain to me how 41% shooting and a yearly decline in his %s makes Danny a good shooter...
                              His 2pt% has been falling. His 3pt% and his FT% have stayed pretty high
                              Time for a new sig.

Comment

• duke dynamite
                                #IndyForever
                                • Dec 2006

I'm not unhappy with Danny. Until he can't perform, I'd say that's when it's time. Until then, keep on keepin' on.

Comment

Working...