Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Odd Thoughts: Round 2 game 6 of 2012 NBA playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Thoughts: Round 2 game 6 of 2012 NBA playoffs

My first thought was to come home and type up some sentimental piece about this being a better season than we expected and how great the crowds were for the entire playoff run and how there are probably better days ahead. But then I thought that would really be short changing the game.

So my plan is simple tonight I’m going to talk about the game, give some grades and I might throw out a thing or two about the other topics but ultimately I’m planning on doing a grand end of the year Odd Thoughts so instead of trying to do all of that at once I’m going to split it up.

Let’s jump right to the game.

The worst part about this is that there is only one team that I can think of that can do what was done to us over the past few games and sadly it had to be the team we were playing.

What am I talking about you might ask?

Well in a nutshell its this, our entire defensive strategy all season long has been for our wing players and guards to try and force their player into the painted area only to be met by Roy Hibbert who would jump straight up in the air with his arms extended and force them either into a bad shot, a blocked shot or a charge. This worked more than it didn’t during the regular season and it even worked few times in games 2 & 3. But after game 3 the Heat started doing regularly the one thing that only they can do as a team because they have two players capable of doing this (OKC might be able to as well but I don’t think nearly as well). They started getting around their man and instead of driving in or pulling up for a jumper or fouling or anything else we would have preferred, they started shooting & hitting these one handed running floaters from 8-12’ out. Just far enough to be beyond their man and just far enough out that Roy could not contest the shot or even alter them.

Like I said there are some players in the league that could do this. Bryant, Rose, Durrant, etc. But only the Heat have two players that can do that and do it well enough to do it multiple times a game.

As much as I want to gripe and complain the truth is I don’t know how you defend that. I mean I guess you don’t allow them to get to the lane but that is a lot easier said than done.

Also could we make sure that we dispense with the entire line of “the refs. screwed us” thinking tonight? Yes there were bad calls but nothing horribly egregious and nothing that I think would have altered the outcome of the game.

Simply put, and believe me I hate saying this as much as you hate reading it, a two superstar combination can beat a team. Sure they got some help again tonight from some of their role players but in the end it was the two man combo that once again sounded the horns of ragnarok on our season. I hate both of them but at the end of the day this was the Wade I have known and feared for years as a Pacer fan. He has always killed us, even back when he was a rookie we knew this guy was for real and tonight he was just hitting shots that he had no business hitting. There were times that he was defended as well as he could be defended and he still sunk hard shots. At that point all I could do was sit in both disgust and amazement. Yes, he really looks to be bailed out on every play by the referee’s but at the end of the day he is just amazing to watch and if he wasn’t kicking our team’s butts I probably would have enjoyed his performance. But since we were on the receiving end of that I could not enjoy it.

Defensively you have to give it to Spolstra, he designed a system that essentially shut off our interior play from game 3 going forward. Between our inability to make an entry pass, Roy’s inability to maintain position and their quick hands and good floor position we once again resorted to being a jump shooting team which is never really a good idea and often leads to long rebounds which often leads to fast breaks and this is the one team you do NOT want to do that to.

So while I hate their guts I will freely acknowledge that Miami has the superior talent (I refuse to say team because beyond the big 3 most of the other players would have trouble making the Bobcats team) and until Wade finally retires they are probably going to be the bane of our existence.

Now before I go any further let me make sure this point is loud and clear. I believe in Frank Vogel. I think he is one of the best coach’s in the NBA and honestly believe that he was the result of divine intervention saving our team from the clutches of evil.

Now having said that I will say this, I think he probably cost us this game. That may be harsh and it may not even be completely accurate but once again tonight our starters built a lead and like clockwork (orange in this case) in comes the bench and the lead not only dissipates but is now a deficit that the starters have to come back in and try and get back. But of course by this time they are cold and Miami has grown in confidence from seeing the ball go through the hoop so often.

Yes I know we got the lead back and I know that he didn’t play them again as a unit but at the end of the day it just seemed like they sucked the life out of both the building and the team. Why he once again insisted playing them as a unit is beyond me.

Ok, let’s do some grades.

Danny Granger: B It started so well for him. He was able to move, he grabbed some rebounds, he hit a couple of shots and for awhile he was even doing a decent job of containing James in the first half. Then after half time he came back flat and on occasion he seemed to be limping or at the very least favoring the leg. I don’t know if it tightened up on him, the meds were wearing off or he just hit the proverbial wall. But I do know that in the second half he missed a lot of shots, didn’t grab many rebounds and frankly could not keep up with James. Overall I have to say that I think Danny had a disappointing playoffs in general but I will give him full credit for trying to go at it tonight when the season was on the line.

David West: B I know this is going to be controversial but while I think David West had a very good offensive game for the most part there were a lot of the things about West that I don’t like that reared their ugly head tonight. First and foremost whether it’s because he is slow, lazy or a combination he is just atrocious as a weak side defender. He offered absolutely no help in cutting off the drivers and while I know there weren’t a ton of rebounds to get I was not thrilled with his rebounding effort tonight, not by a long shot. Also in the 4th quarter I have no idea why he was trying to play like he was Rod Strickland driving the lanes and kicking it out to a three point shooter (who almost never hit other than Collison). He was going to go one on one with Battier and he passes out? Can’t say I was a fan of that happening as often as it did. However I don’t want to sound like I thought he was a scrub out there, on the offensive end when he did try and do work down low he owned Battier most of the night, which makes the pass outs even more maddening.

Roy Hibbert: B Look, there is no doubt our guards can not make a good crisp clean entry pass (or any pass for that matter) but Roy has got to work harder to get position as well. Also I think Roy looked gassed for most of the game tonight. Could just be the increased playing time in the second season catching up to him or it could have just been my imagination. Either way I just don’t think he had that great of a game, certainly not what we were hoping for coming into an elimination game.

Paul George: C Keep saying over and over to yourself “he’s young and still learning”. Look thank God Vogel is our coach because Paul got lots of valuable playoff experience and there are several other coach’s who would have never let him have the time on the floor that he got in the regular season let alone the playoffs. So for that we are grateful. Once again had some elite level defense tonight, yes Wade lit him up but it very rarely was because Paul was not right in his grill. He just hit tough shots. Paul needs to desperately work on his dribbling, passing and most importantly his laissez faire attitude that he sometimes develops on the floor.

George Hill: C+ Better than his last game but that is not really that much of a compliment. He did hit some shots but like every other guard on our team had the passing ability and instincts of a goat wearing mittens and sun glasses. I’m going to be honest and say that I was a little disappointed in his defense in this series. I really thought that he would have been so good on defense that he would have been able to both help on the dribbler and still cover his man. That was probably hoping for to much on my end.

Darren Collison: D Hey he had a 2-1 turnover to assist ratio, sadly that is supposed to be the other way around. He had a decent series overall and kept us in one game and saved us in another so I can forgive that he didn’t have the best of games tonight. I’m not sure of his place on our team going forward but other than tonight’s bad game he had a pleasant playoffs for us.

Tyler Hansbrough: D 2 of his 4 shots were blocked at the rim and the other two he just missed. Sadly Tyler just is not fast enough off of his feet to be of much use in the paint when the opposition has a chance to set their defense. He did draw fouls and did hit 3 of 4 of them and he even grabbed 5 rebounds. But at the end of the day with the way our team is designed those are just not good enough statistics to help the club.

Leandro Barbosa: F- Just an absolute turd out there. His entire playoff run was more than disappointing, it was downright miserable. He did nothing right tonight and every min. he was on the floor I was counting down till the moment he could be replaced. I can’t think of a much worse player on either side during this entire series. Which is so disappointing as he had such a good regular season and our record definitely improved once he got here, but man did his playoffs totally take away in good feelings I had about him.

Dahntay & Lou both played so limited time that I am just going to say that they each gave us what you would expect from either which is usually decent.

Now here is a question for everyone. Do we care that Danny Granger & David West left the floor without shaking the Heat's hand? Everybody else on the bench and the starters congratulated the Heat but West immediately bolted the floor as soon as the buzzer sounded followed quickly by Granger. Probably not a big deal either way but these are the two leaders of the team so I guess some might have a problem with it. God knows Isiah and the Pistons got a ton of crap for not shaking hands with the Bulls when they finally beat them.

I don’t want to end on a sour note.

Yes it was a fun year and yes we took the Heat one more game than I thought we could. The really good news is that we are still fairly young and have a good chance to continue improving.

We just now have to quickly determine if Bird, Morway & company will be the ones running the show or not.

The fans were unbelievable during this entire playoff run. I mean that in all honesty and sincerity. By far and away this is the largest pro pacers groups I have ever seen in there except maybe back in 2000 when we played the Bucks and they didn’t have many fans present. But other than that there are usually always far more of the oppositions fans in the house (of course not usually as bad as last years Bulls invasion). But even the Lakers had more fans in the house than the Magic or Heat had. But it goes beyond that, people weren’t only there to be at the game they were actually cheering the Pacers. It generally was so loud that I could not hear Michael Grady or for that matter often times I couldn’t hear area 55.

So while we always rip on the area for not supporting the team, in this case they deserve a standing ovation of their own for taking Indiana Pacer fandom to the next level.

Also I can’t leave without once again thanking my ticket rep. He read my tweet about it being our wedding anniversary and came over and said that as a gift he wanted to upgrade us. I thought it might be lower on a corner or something but when I got to my seat I could reach out and polish Van Gundy’s head if I wanted to (which I did want to). So thanks to Brian Stutzman and all of the Pacers sales staff.

I hope that this is the last year you have to work to sell the team and next year you are having to make a waiting list for game tickets.

Let the off season healing and hand wringing begin. I’ll be back with a year in review odd thoughts hopefully tomorrow.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Re: Odd Thoughts: Round 2 game 6 of 2012 NBA playoffs

good stuff as always Peck and thanks for doing the odd thoughts dedicated to the game only - pretty sure everyone else still feels the need to vent about the game a bit before we summarize everything about the season.

This game in my mind showed that we are still not ready on a mental level - the amount of unforced turnovers was pretty much due to the players being a bit too anxious and not ready to handle the pressure of the game and what it meant - I truly believe that was the case.

David West started off well but in the 4th - that Tech he picked up really changed the whole momentum of the game - just as we cut it down to 1, he gets the tech, then miami makes another bucket and they get rolling again.

Speaking of making come backs - we were horrible this whole series with them - as soon as we would cut it to 2-4 points, we would end up jacking 3 pointers instead of doing what was working and it was driving me INSANE!

We came out really flat in the 3rd quarter - so did the Heat - if we only came out a bit more focused (i mean seriously, we had to take a time out to inbound the ball the first posession we have it shows just how out there the team was mentally) I think this game could've been ours.

Barbosa - what has been said about him has pretty much hit the head on everything - he was definitely useful during the regular season but his game did not translate well to the playoffs.

Vogel definitely is going through learning curve right now himself - he is trying to keep everyone's confidence high but he also needs to realize that in game adjustments are very very critical - when one guy is off don't force it - some of the way Barbosa was getting burned on D was giving me flashbacks of Murphy trying to guard R.Wallace....eek.

Granger - he came out well in the first half - but I think he ended up not being able to handle the pain in the second half so he was going for the lazy defense of reaching in at James - this caused the foul trouble which got us in a bad funk. I'll give him props for coming out to play but his decision making continues to baffle me on a regular basis.

Honestly I don't recall us giving the ball to Hibbert at all in the 3rd quarter - it was like he was never able to get involved in the second half - which just boggles my mind - our guards continue to pick up their dribble without having a clear person to give the ball to which in turn forces wild passes - and playing right into the hands of the opponent's defense.

Hibbert should watch some of the better performances of Rik Smits in terms of how he could get position and make something happen - sure we don't have the passer which Mark Jackson is nowadays - but he can still look to make life easier on our guards who are looking clueless when it comes to entry passes.

This was a series which we could've won - I still firmly believe that. We just did not make the necessary adjustments or throw enough different looks to Heat to make them second guess. We were exploited for what we were - a young team without much experience - hopefully come next year this will no longer bite us in the a$$.

Just like to vent that I HATE THE OFF SEASON.

Comment

also I think this series has brought out the truth about just how "deep" we really are - after Granger, Hill, George, Hibbert, West and Collison, the talent really drops off.

Comment

Originally posted by bellisimo View Post
        also I think this series has brought out the truth about just how "deep" we really are - after Granger, Hill, George, Hibbert, West and Collison, the talent really drops off.
        That's been true most of the season. Lou had his moments in the regular season, less so in the playoffs. And as for Barbosa, well let's just say he didn't help himself in the FA market.

Comment

Originally posted by bellisimo View Post

I couldn't agree more! The bench was good enough to help get the Pacers to the 3 seed in the playoffs, but not playoff quality help. As of now, it wouldn't hurt my feelings 1 iota to see certain players playing elsewhere come next season. Bird w/o a doubt has to UPGRADE the bench this off season! No ifs, ands, nor buts about it. Otherwise, this team will have the same results in the playoffs next year. That just can't be allowed to happen.

Everyone from tv announcers on down give Wade and Lebron their due for their play, but the one Heat player I was impressed with was Joel Anthony. He rebs, plays "D", blocks shots, and shoots FT. He played Hibbert very well in this series. He got my respect as I hadn't thought much of him previously.

Comment

[QUOTE=Peck;1450952]

Paul George: Paul needs to desperately work on his dribbling, passing and most importantly his laissez faire attitude that he sometimes develops on the floor. /QUOTE]

Nail met hammer! He absolutely positively drives me up a wall with his lazy careless play. I just hope he works on these things as well as a mid-range game this off season.

Comment

I am VERY VERY VERY PROUD of this Pacers team .. We REALLY brought it to the Heat this series.. and I think in the process, earned the respect that no one seemed to want to give us before the playoffs this year...

Yes, I believe that we could have very well beat Miami .. BUT , I don't think it was our time ..... just yet ..

Baby steps ...

Last year, we finally made the playoffs and was very competitive vs the Bulls while picking up valuable experience...
              This year, we made it to the 2nd round and put the fear into a (2 superstar/1 all star(even tho he was injured) ) Miami Heat team that are definitely contenders and 1 of the top 3 teams in the NBA who will be competing for championships for years to come...
              I mean it too EPIC hall of fame type performances from 2 top 5 players in the whole of the NBA , in James and Wade .. combining for anywhere from 50+ to 70+ points between the 2 of them, in order to beat us ... THAT is saying something....

Next year, I see us getting to the ECF , provided the natural growth of our young guys, a few tweaks to the bench, and another season of being together as a team with the same core group ...

While I am sad to see our post-season end, at least it took an elite team in Miami to take us out in 6 games... Our team and coaching staff more than exceeded any expectations I had for the regular season as well as the playoffs .. So while it is frustrating to be so damn close to advancing to the ECF , I can't be mad ..
              Sorry I just cannot ..

I am gonna take a break from PD for a little while , at least till the sting of the playoff loss wears off around here .. Because honestly , our resident bi-polar bridge-jumpers are just gonna "urinate" me off if I have to read them bashing our guys after the hard work , heart , sweat and tears they put out on the floor for us .. I just won't have it ... I just hope some of you here stay classy and think before you post..

Last edited by Kemo; 05-25-2012, 06:59 AM.
              "Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Lebron and DWade showed their greatness as the series wound down. I don't like them, will root against them, but I have to admire them.

We just had no one who could sort of kind of match that.
                "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference

Comment

Here are a few nice quotes........

"The chant 'Thank you Pacers' really meant a lot to us a team and individuals. This is what we have been striving for, to get back to this level."
                  - Danny Granger

"On the positive side we feel that the players have gotten the city back on track to where we used to be. We want to thank all of our fans for that." - George Hill

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

One thing that I think is important after the season is to not judge a player based on this series alone. Like many of you said, Barbosa was absolutely horrible. That said he was going up against DWade. he was pretty good for most of the season, and I believe that has to account for more than one poor series against an elite perimiter team.

The thing that frusturated me about tonights game was the offense. Too many times we took quick jumpers instead of working the ball around and our player movement. Van Gundy said last night that our spacing was horrible, which it was. So many times we would attempt to drive and kick and two of our guys would be standing in the same place or we jumped before knowing where we were going with the ball which caused awkward possessions and many turnovers. If we would have just stayed consistent, spaced the court properly and worked Hibbert and West more down low we would have won the game.

Comment

Now here is a question for everyone. Do we care that Danny Granger & David West left the floor without shaking the Heat's hand?
                      Not even slightly. The cHeat were dirty, cheap, and arrogant the entire series. That doesn't get forgotten just because the final horn sounds.

Comment

The good thing is, we now know exactly what we need to fix in order to compete with this Miami team, which is the one that will always be standing in our way. Now we just need to go out there and get it.

Comment

Also, ironically, Bosh being out probably actually hurt us in this series. With Bosh in the lane, LeBron and Wade would have likely not been driving and getting to the basket in the half court so much.

When those two bring their A games, as they did the last two games of this series, we simply can't beat them. They are that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
                            Also, ironically, Bosh being out probably actually hurt us in this series. With Bosh in the lane, LeBron and Wade would have likely not been driving and getting to the basket in the half court so much.

When those two bring their A games, as they did the last two games of this series, we simply can't beat them. They are that good.
                            With a healthy Bosh we don't win a game and Wade/Lebron didn't stop driving to the basket because for some reason Vogel's defensive plan was to tell Danny and George to go over the screen and get stuck to the screener letting Lewade tear drop it everytime, I still don't understand why we didn't make the adjustment of going under the screen instead.
                            Last edited by vnzla81; 05-25-2012, 08:54 AM.
                            @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

Our passing is just lazy.

Comment

Working...
                              X