Bobcats probably looking to trade DJ Augustin.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vnzla81
    • Jul 2008

Bobcats probably looking to trade DJ Augustin.

I wanted him in the draft, is he an upgrade over what we have? what do you guys think? are they trying to move him because of Kemba? for those who watch Bobcats games.

Not a hate on DC thread

D.J. Augustin: The Bobcats continue to say DJ Augustin is not going anywhere, but sources close to several teams say he is available.

DJ is playing some solid basketball recently averaging close to 13 points and 6 assists per game. However it’s becoming clear that DJ could be sold off if it returns the right pieces in exchange.

The Bobcats would like to collect a few more draft assets. It’s also likely that any deal involving DJ either includes Corey Maggette’s contract, which has one year and $10.92 million remaining, or the contract of Matt Carroll, which has one year $3.5 million remaining.

The Bobcats are not shopping DJ, but sources say if they could use DJ to collect some draft picks and clean up the books it’s an option they would explore.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!
  • PacerPenguins
    • Jun 2010

Re: Bobcats probably looking to trade DJ Augustin.

ok he would be the perfect back up PG.... would make Hill and Hans life easier as well.... but i don't know way we would offer

Comment

• Heisenberg
      u bum
      • Jun 2010

If it means Maggette as a rental then I will not even consider it. Corey Maggette is an insult to basketball.

Comment

• BRushWithDeath
        Play McRoberts and Price!
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by PacerPenguins
        ok he would be the perfect back up PG.... would make Hill and Hans life easier as well.... but i don't know way we would offer
        We could offer capspace.

And if there is an owner out there who might be cheap enough to bite at that, it's Michael Jordan.
        "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Comment

• NapTonius Monk
          The Enforcer
          • Jan 2007

I don't want anyone from Charlotte, except maybe Mullens as a backup C. Augustin is OK, but not enough of an upgrade to upset the team chemistry over.

Comment

• vnzla81
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by BRushWithDeath
            We could offer capspace.

And if there is an owner out there who might be cheap enough to bite at that, it's Michael Jordan.
            I think they also want picks, cap space and a pick?
            @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

• Sookie
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by vnzla81
              I wanted him in the draft, is he an upgrade over what we have? what do you guys think? are they trying to move him because of Kemba? for those who watch Bobcats games.

Not a hate on DC thread

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-who...lable-in-trade
              It's either chemistry issues or because of Kemba. Although, considering Kemba just had a tripple double, and Charlotte stinks, I'd guess it's probably Kemba and maybe wanting to make sure DJ doesn't get them any extra wins.

I think DJ is probably an upgrade over DC. If they'll take it, give them Price (they'll need a backup PG as they've only got two on the roster) and a first rounder for DJ and a bad contract (we can even waive the guy if we want) and play him as the backup PG..and maybe he'd take DC's spot if he earns it.

Comment

• BringJackBack
                • Jun 2010

The downside is that he'd be another guy to re-sign in the offseason in the 6-7 mil range... I'd rather just keep the pick and draft or sign a backup point guard in the offseason.

Comment

• vnzla81
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Sookie
                  It's either chemistry issues or because of Kemba. Although, considering Kemba just had a tripple double, and Charlotte stinks, I'd guess it's probably Kemba and maybe wanting to make sure DJ doesn't get them any extra wins.

I think DJ is probably an upgrade over DC. If they'll take it, give them Price (they'll need a backup PG as they've only got two on the roster) and a first rounder for DJ and a bad contract (we can even waive the guy if we want) and play him as the backup PG..and maybe he'd take DC's spot if he earns it.
                  This is what I was thinking.

Comment

• CableKC
                    • Mar 2005

NOOOOOO.....I traded for DJ on my Fantasy Team cuz of the Bobcat's schedule in the Playoffs!!!! Don't do it Jordan....think of my Fantasy Team...not the real Bobcats Team.
                    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Comment

• CableKC
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BRushWithDeath
                      We could offer capspace.

MJ will just pull out of the trade at the last second again...
                      Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Comment

• vnzla81
                        • Jul 2008

I've seen him play before and even in college but I was going through some videos and found this one, the guy makes some crazy passes

Comment

• Psyren
                          Batman's New Side Kick
                          • Aug 2008

If we can get him fairlu cheap, id be all for it
                          Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Comment

• MillerTime
                            FREE LANCE
                            • May 2008

If we move him to replace Collison, its a lateral move.

If we move him to replace Hill, its a downgrade.
                            "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Comment

• Pacersalltheway10
                              B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
                              • Jun 2010

Hill is mainly our backup SG

Comment

Working...