X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IU_sears
    • Jan 2009

Re: Born Ready... not

Originally posted by Gold
    So a 2nd round pick rookie has one game out of... what? 4/5 games where he's actually hurting the team and after that one time you have to make a thread to try and *** on him?......and despite not knowing at all what's going on inside the pacers team you can some how make comments about his attitude?...
    You did not hear the reports about the locker room after the Rockets game??? Wells talked about it on JMV... He not so subtly hinted that Lance was a big part of the reason for the yelling. I think there is a write up about this on Indy cornrows, check it out.
    "A winner is someone who recognizes their God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals." - Larry Bird

Comment

• ZepZach
      • Nov 2009

In area 55, some of the guys were amazingly mad at lance. It really rubbed me the wrong way. I understand it wa a tough game, but there is no reason to get over the top mad at lance when the rest of the team (except Tyler) is playing poorly. It actually upset me more than the game itself.

Comment

• BRushWithDeath
        Play McRoberts and Price!
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by judicata
        Just doesn't have it going on upstairs.
        Could have just said this and you would have been 100% right.
        "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Comment

• Cherokee
          • Aug 2006

You mean Lance isn't going into the Hall of Fame this week? Who would have thought?

Comment

• ziplockfresh
            • Feb 2011

I just read the article on Cornrows. I honestly think if the team was winning, Lance wouldn't be the scapegoat. I can't say if he's immature/cocky or not, but there are much bigger issues at hand which need to be resolved. You can't expect to win games when your "leader" has the worst body language and gives up the ball quicker than anyone.

Comment

• itzryan07
              • Aug 2010

i think lance can start, should he start? maybe not. He has talent. Thats like saying the wizards not starting Wall the first game of the season because he hasn't proven himself but he has talent and sooner or later your going to have to

Comment

• BRushWithDeath
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by ziplockfresh
                I just read the article on Cornrows. I honestly think if the team was winning, Lance wouldn't be the scapegoat. I can't say if he's immature/cocky or not, but there are much bigger issues at hand which need to be resolved. You can't expect to win games when your "leader" has the worst body language and gives up the ball quicker than anyone.
                A list of players who have been scapegoated more than Lance for this recent swoon:

Darren Collison
                Danny Granger
                Roy Hibbert
                Josh McRoberts
                Brandon Rush
                AJ Price
                Dahntay Jones
                Tyler Hansbrough
                Mike Dunleavy's thumb
                Jeff Foster

-Lance Stephenson

Comment

• judicata
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by BRushWithDeath
                  A list of players who have been scapegoated more than Lance for this recent swoon:

Darren Collison
                  Danny Granger
                  Roy Hibbert
                  Josh McRoberts
                  Brandon Rush
                  AJ Price
                  Dahntay Jones
                  Tyler Hansbrough
                  Mike Dunleavy's thumb
                  Jeff Foster
                  So true, and deliciously inconsistent with respect to MD's thumb.

Personally, I blame OJ Mayo and Solo.

Comment

• pacer4ever
                    • Aug 2010

We dont have a pg

Comment

• ziplockfresh
                      • Feb 2011

You notice Paul George isn't on that list. He's the golden child of the Pacers. Almost as if he does no wrong. I have no beef with him, he just needs to be more aggressive, and take less 3's. But you got what I was getting at. Everyone is at each other's necks because they're losing.

Comment

• BRushWithDeath
                        • Dec 2008

You notice Paul George isn't on that list. He's the golden child of the Pacers. Almost as if he does no wrong. I have no beef with him, he just needs to be more aggressive, and take less 3's. But you got what I was getting at. Everyone is at each other's necks because they're losing.
                        I completely agree.

PG does need to be put to the grinder more than he has.

Quite frankly, he's been brutal.

-Lance Stephenson

Comment

• Gold
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by IU_sears
                          You did not hear the reports about the locker room after the Rockets game??? Wells talked about it on JMV... He not so subtly hinted that Lance was a big part of the reason for the yelling. I think there is a write up about this on Indy cornrows, check it out.
                          I've already seen it. I posted in the thread about it earlier today. It doesn't mean I know exactly what's going on and it doesn't mean I know Lance's personality is what I'm saying.

Comment

• michealwilliams4
                            Taking the Celtics five.
                            • Jan 2011

Honestly, it seems like George isn't getting involved in the offense, either by himself or by his teammates not getting him involved. He doesn't get set up well or he doesn't get the ball. He needs to be a bigger part of the offense and take less threes (that jumper is automatic). After your leading scorer puts up 11 shots all night, you need to start getting those shots from elsewhere, somewhere potentially effective, and Paul is where I'd first look.

As for Lance...he's going to be very very good...but he seems like a real blockhead and we can't be the team that wastes years trying to get through to him. If it's true about him not listening to his teammates and everything, it's high time we look elsewhere. You simply don't win with guys like that as main components of your team.

Comment

• pacer4ever
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by michealwilliams4
                              [I]Honestly, it seems like George isn't getting involved in the offense, either by himself or by his teammates not getting him involved. He doesn't get set up well or he doesn't get the ball. He needs to be a bigger part of the offense and take less threes (that jumper is automatic). After your leading scorer puts up 11 shots all night, you need to start getting those shots from elsewhere, somewhere potentially effective, and Paul is where I'd first look.[/I
                              ]As for Lance...he's going to be very very good...but he seems like a real blockhead and we can't be the team that wastes years trying to get through to him. If it's true about him not listening to his teammates and everything, it's high time we look elsewhere. You simply don't win with guys like that as main components of your team.
                              thank you
                              I've been saying this for months it is like they freeze him out. They need to call plays for him for the sake of devlopment.

Comment

• Scot Pollard
                                • Apr 2010

Someday Born Ready will be our PG who will do wonders for us.

He and Paul will be great together.
                                In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Comment

Working...