X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vnzla81
    • Jul 2008

Bill Ingram chat

Vnzla81 in Indy:
    What you do think about this trade? Danny G+Dunleavy+ pick for Escola and Martin.

Bill Ingram:
    Not enough value for Houston . . .and the Pacers are not moving Granger.

Rik in Fresno, CA:
    Paul George's upside = Rudy Gay. Agree or disagree?

Bill Ingram:
    That's a best-case, I'd say. Rudy Gay isn't all that, either . . .love the guy, but he's no franchise player.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!
  • vnzla81
    • Jul 2008

Re: Bill Ingram chat

Tony in Lakeville, in:
    Should the Pacers sit tight with their expiring contracts and play this season out or seek trades?

Bill Ingram:
    They're not overly interested in trades at this point, I can tell you that.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

• naptownmenace
      • Jan 2004

I have to agree with Bill Ingram on everything he said.

Granger is not worth K. Martin and Scola - even if you threw Hibbert or Tyler into the trade. I also don't think the Pacers will make any trades and I still think they'll hold onto TJ in case of any injuries to Collison or Price.

Comment

• SMosley21
        Stay focused
        • Feb 2010

Unless there is some truly pertinent information given, couldn't we just group all of these "chats" into 1 thread. They're pretty redundant.

Comment

• DrFife
          • May 2008

Wow, with Houston allegedly interested in dealing (to dump salary?), I'd have thought that was a reasonable proposal. Not that I support the trade: I'm not a fan of Martin; I'd rather have Granger even if I weren't attached to him. Defense some of the time is better than defense none of the time.

"He’s no shrinking violet when it comes to that kind of stuff."

- Rick Carlisle on how Kevin Pritchard responds to needed roster changes.

Comment

• CableKC
            • Mar 2005

Something along the lines of Kevin Martin + Patrick Patterson for Granger would probably make sense.

But the only trade scenario IMHO that makes any sense for the Pacers long-term goals would be Kevin Martin for Expiring+1st. I know that his defense sucks....but I'd be okay with that as long as we have Players like Granger, PG and BRush playing next to him just to get a consistent and solid 2nd option scorer that can put up 18+ points a night.
            Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Comment

• PaceBalls
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DrFife
              Wow, with Houston allegedly interested in dealing (to dump salary?), I'd have thought that was a reasonable proposal. Not that I support the trade: I'm not a fan of Martin; I'd rather have Granger even if I weren't attached to him. Defense some of the time is better than defense none of the time.

I wouldn't want to trade Granger for Martin either, but I would love to have Martin play WITH Granger. He is one of my favorites. His defense isn't as bad now days as people say. He also leads the league in FTA and FTM. I have been wanting us to get Kevin Martin since he was still with the Kings. I had a damn good trade proposal made for it too.

Imagine Kevin and Tyler in the game together, the other team would foul out in the first quarter.

I suppose right now we are pretty set at the wings, so only way this happens, besides trading Danny, is a Rush + Dunleavy + pick trade or something.
              Last edited by PaceBalls; 02-07-2011, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• ballism
                Over the pond
                • Oct 2010

Thought this was interesting from today's Thorpe's chat. One question same as in Ingram's chat.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Jammey (INDY)
                Any insight to the Pacers new head coach?

David Thorpe
                Only that he seems a lot "nicer" than the old coach.

Rik (Fresno)
                Hibbert, Paul George and Jeff Foster's expiring for Kevin Martin. Pacers can use their remaining cap on one of the many quality free agent centers this summer, and Houston gets young talent. Who says no?

David Thorpe
                Houston. Martin has 30 in three of last 4, 3 wins and an OT loss in LA. They need a rebounder/shot blocker, not a passing big.

Rik (Fresno)
                Paul George's upside = Rudy Gay. Agree or disagree?

David Thorpe
                Disagree.

Comment

• cdash
                  Whale Shepherd
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by ballism
                  Thought this was interesting from today's Thorpe's chat. One question same as in Ingram's chat.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/36936
                  Yeah Thorpe isn't a huge fan of George, for whatever reason.

Comment

• BPump33
                    • Feb 2008

Hibbert, George and Foster for Kevin Martin. No way I would do that.
                    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

Comment

• Speed
                      • Jan 2006

There was another question that he blew off. He was asked if Jeff had value to a contender in a trade. He basically just responded by saying, are you planning on getting Melo?

Whatever, he's a trainer not an insider in any way. He basically likes guys he's trained because well, he trained them.

I don't put any stock into what he says, his chats are nearly useless, imo, for trying to get any kind of information.

He didn't watch most of the Superbowl because he watched 4 weddings and a funeral with his wife, if that tells you anything.

If I had a question about drills to help develop certain skills I'd probably ask him, but thats as far as it goes. I really never get why he even has a chat.

Comment

• Mourning
                        All is full of Orange!
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BPump33
                        Hibbert, George and Foster for Kevin Martin. No way I would do that.
                        Me neither.
                        2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Comment

• McKeyFan
                          Intuition over Integers
                          • Jan 2004

Kevin Martin would really beef up our smashmouth bruiser reputation.

"Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference

Comment

• BringJackBack
                            • Jun 2010

I think Martin's market is much, much lower.. Maybe that's just me.

A guy who plays bad defense, is oft injured, and is overpaid.. Somethings missing here, but I don't think that's going to get Houston two downright SOLID young guys like Hibbert and George. I think Thorpe is dead wrong.

Comment

• Nlwilson
                              • Jan 2011

For everyone hoping for a rockets trade with us, their gm already said last week before a game I watched he was only interested in getting a superstar in a trade to help a playoff run so I doubt he would get rid of Martin or Scola imo. He wants to add to his talent like us.

Comment

Working...