Brandon Rush to be benched? (Mike Wells blog)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CableKC
    • Mar 2005

Re: Brandon Rush to be benched? (Mike Wells blog)

Originally posted by plutarch
    i just cant help but notice the similarities between mike conley and brandon rush. they both struggle when they are looking over their shoulder and both finished the year great last year. does anyone else see this?
    I'm trying to figure out what JO'B did last season to get that production out of him.

Was it because he let BRush's instincts take over on the offensive end instead of forcing him to think about what he's doing?

Is he the type of scorer that is capable of putting up big #s but needs to pick and choose his scoring opportunities in order to acheive those #s?

I really thought that Seth mentioned something about BRush's play during the Offseason where he was talking about this. Maybe he can comment on this about BRush.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Comment

• BillS
      Angry Old Poster
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by CableKC
      Was McKey a Starter on the Team?
      McKey was a starter, and I think the comparison with Rush is interesting.

The problem many saw at the beginning of the year was "where does our offense come from when the defensive monsters are on the floor". The answer has been Danny and Dahntay, but you need a third option. McKey was supposed to fill that role and more-or-less refused to. I think Rush wants to in his head but it isn't in his nature, thoguh I'm not convinced he couldn't get used to it if he needed to.
      BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
      Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

Comment

• CableKC
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BillS
        McKey was a starter, and I think the comparison with Rush is interesting.

The problem many saw at the beginning of the year was "where does our offense come from when the defensive monsters are on the floor". The answer has been Danny and Dahntay, but you need a third option. McKey was supposed to fill that role and more-or-less refused to. I think Rush wants to in his head but it isn't in his nature, thoguh I'm not convinced he couldn't get used to it if he needed to.
        What's become clear is that we have a #1 option. The problem is that we have a whole bunch of Players that are better suited to be 3rd scoring options in our likely rotation but no true 2nd scoring option. Given the likely # of scorers that we have at our disposal that will likely be in the same lineup as he is.....I'd prefer that BRush be scorer that makes the "smart and good" shot as a 3rd ( but more then likely 4th ) scoring option...as opposed to one that we have to be dependent on to score all the time.
        Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Comment

• McKeyFan
          Intuition over Integers
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by CableKC
          What's become clear is that we have a #1 option. The problem is that we have a whole bunch of Players that are better suited to be 3rd scoring options in our likely rotation but no true 2nd scoring option.
          Dunleavey.
          "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference

Comment

Working...