X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jose Slaughter
    • Jan 2004

Jalen Smith

What happen to this guy?

Back up 5 to starting 4 to back up 5 to completely out of the rotation.

As the team evolved over the season what caused him to bring removed from the rotation?
  • Cubs231721
    • Aug 2006

IMO, the most likely reason is because the Pacers defense struggled whenever Jalen Smith played center. He just couldn't do all the things the team needed to cover up for other areas. Jackson is a much better defensive center.

But if it came out that there was something behind the scenes, it wouldn't surprise me either.

Comment

• dal9
      Can see thru wooden doors
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Cubs231721
      IMO, the most likely reason is because the Pacers defense struggled whenever Jalen Smith played center. He just couldn't do all the things the team needed to cover up for other areas. Jackson is a much better defensive center.

But if it came out that there was something behind the scenes, it wouldn't surprise me either.
      i think his back is messed up...

Comment

• Jose Slaughter
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cubs231721

I prefer him at the 4.

We went on a pretty good run when he was moved into the starting lineup.

Comment

• PR07
          • Jun 2006

I think really all of the above, but I also think Jackson is better at playing with a faster pace.

Comment

• Jose Slaughter
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by dal9

i think his back is messed up...
            Good thought but he did play garbage time minutes in 3 games against the Knicks.

Comment

• Cubs231721
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Jose Slaughter

I prefer him at the 4.

We went on a pretty good run when he was moved into the starting lineup.
              I really do too. I'm not sure he can play the 4 against every single matchup, but I like what he can bring at that position against the majority of the league.

Comment

• 712Jefferson
                • Dec 2009

I thought Jalen was really nice during the regular season and he's easy to root for. I also thought he looked absolutely terrible and was getting pushed around in the first two games of that Milwaukee series, which is when he started getting benched in favor of Isaiah.

Comment

• MillerTime
                  FREE LANCE
                  • May 2008

I think at least one of him Obi or Jackson will be gone. We also have Walker who apparently we’re high on

Next year I see our big man rotation being:

Siakam / Obi / Walker
                  Turner / Jackson

I can also see Obi and Walker playing some minutes at the 3
                  "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Comment

• Ozwalt72
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by MillerTime

I can also see Obi and Walker playing some minutes at the 3
                    The plus with those two and Jackson is that you can play any of them with the combo of Turner and Siakham.
                    "man, PG has been really good."

Comment

• jrwannabe
                      • Jul 2012

IMO, Smith doesn't have a future with the Pacers so why use him after Jackson has shown what he can do. Oscar is in the waiting at a cheaper rate

Comment

• Peck
                        Administrator
                        • Jan 2004

I hate to say it, because I really like when he plays well, but the bright lights of the playoffs brought out his mental weakness. He struggled mightily when he came into the Buck series, to the point of being unplayable. Luckily for the Pacers and sadly for him, Jackson came in and played very well on both ends of the floor.

He is the Pacers most physical big, which sucks because we really lack that at times, but I suspect he will pick up his player option and the team will look to move him this off season.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Comment

Working...