X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kstat
    Rebound King
    • Jan 2004

2024 NBA Playoffs: (2) New York vs. (7) Philadelphia

Two banged up teams, both playing relatively well but right now this series should come down to how much Joel Embiid the Sixers can get. If he's his old self, they win. I do not think they can beat the Knicks 4 times if he's not the same guy, however.

Prediction: in 7

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004
  • Dece
    Tough Out Aficionado
    • Oct 2007

76ers in 6.

Comment

• Cubs231721
      • Aug 2006

I think the Knicks win this, but I hope the Sixers do. If the Pacers can find a way to get to the second round, I think either of these would be hard opponents but I would actually rather play the Sixers. And that's independent of the Pacers having home court in that series, but that's icing on the cake.

Comment

• BillS
        Angry Old Poster
        • Mar 2004

I am very biased as I simply want the 76ers to fail. I also want the opportunity to beat the Knicks any time we can. Knicks in 7.

I really don't care about how hard or easy the potential opponent will be. To be the best you have to beat the best. For too many people around here, if we beat an "easier" opponent it will prove nothing because any other team could have done the same. If we lose to a "harder" opponent it will just reinforce their belief that the Pacers made a mistake getting into the playoffs. For me, this is a playoff learning experience year for the team and going deep is lagniappe.
        BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
        Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

Comment

• Dece
          Tough Out Aficionado
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by BillS
          I am very biased as I simply want the 76ers to fail. I also want the opportunity to beat the Knicks any time we can. Knicks in 7.

I really don't care about how hard or easy the potential opponent will be. To be the best you have to beat the best. For too many people around here, if we beat an "easier" opponent it will prove nothing because any other team could have done the same. If we lose to a "harder" opponent it will just reinforce their belief that the Pacers made a mistake getting into the playoffs. For me, this is a playoff learning experience year for the team and going deep is lagniappe.
          Who Bill? If it's so many people it should be really easy to name some names, who has been suggesting the Pacers shouldn't have made the playoffs this year? Who in your mind was actually calling for a tank this season?

I'll wait, but I won't hold my breath because I'm not suicidal.

Comment

• Jon Theodore
            • Apr 2005

I'd like to see Philly win, but I don't see it happening. New York has too many weapons.
            *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

Comment

• vnzla81
              • Jul 2008

The NBA set it up for NY to go far so Knicks in 5
              @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

• dal9
                Can see thru wooden doors
                • Dec 2007

i think 76ers, assuming a mostly-healthy Embiid are a much better team...guess I'm rooting for NYK...they already have Randle out and some of their other guys are pretty injury-prone too....plus I'd rather see Obi Toppin revenge series than Buddy Heild revenge series

Comment

• Dece
                  Tough Out Aficionado
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by dal9
                  i think 76ers, assuming a mostly-healthy Embiid are a much better team...guess I'm rooting for NYK...they already have Randle out and some of their other guys are pretty injury-prone too....plus I'd rather see Obi Toppin revenge series than Buddy Heild revenge series
                  Buddy Hield dropping 30 to eliminate the Pacers would be really special.

Comment

• vnzla81
                    • Jul 2008

Ok this game got good
                    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

• 712Jefferson
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Dece

Buddy Hield dropping 30 to eliminate the Pacers would be really special.
                      Kill me now.

Comment

• vnzla81
                        • Jul 2008

Embid is cooking

Comment

• BornIndy
                          INDIANA
                          • May 2013

Damn...Embiid injured again man

Comment

• vnzla81
                            • Jul 2008

This is over without Embid

Comment

• vnzla81
                              • Jul 2008

Must be nice to have a deep team like NY

Comment

Working...