Post-game #76 Pacers vs Nets

Tired Nets no match for rested Pacers
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-
  • imawhat
    Bring Back David West
    • Aug 2006

Tyrese moved twice as well as any other game since the injury. Is he back?!?!? I thought little to no chance this season.

If he’s back we are going to run!

Tyrese has been our leading scorer in 4 of his 29 games since the injury, including tonight.
    Last edited by imawhat; 04-01-2024, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• BobbyMac
      Most optimistic member!
      • Aug 2006

Nice game for the Pacers! On to the Big Apple for another game on Wednesday.
      Go Pacers!

Comment

• Cubs231721
        • Aug 2006

The last time the Pacers won a game by 8 or fewer points was before the All-Star Break. That's a great mark of a good team to be able to put teams away.

If Turner has to miss time, that will definitely hurt. But it's a luxury to have Smith and Jackson as the second and third centers, and the two of them are so dramatically different in most of their strengths/weaknesses that the Pacers should be able to find things that work.

Comment

• 712Jefferson
          • Dec 2009

We've embarrassed the Nets twice now at home this season and we were celebrating quite a bit today. Have to imagine, if they have any fight at all (and, frankly, I'm not sure that they do), the Nets are going to do everything in their power to return the favor on Wednesday. Let's see if we bring the same desire and compete level in their house. That's another W we need before playing OKC and Miami this weekend.

Comment

• edc
            • Aug 2006

the passing game is really nice. The highlihgt of the gamie is at the 4th quarter with 7:25 time remaining. After the nets made the basket,mconell inbount the ball past it to mcdermott and back to mcornell and to walker to obi toppin. .4 players touch the ball with only one dribble from the backcourt.
            Last edited by edc; 04-02-2024, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• imawhat
              Bring Back David West
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by edc
              the passing game is really nice. The highlihgt of the gamie is at the 4th quarter with 7:25 time remaining. After the nets made the basket,mconell inbount the ball past it to mcdermott and back to mcornell and to walker to obi toppin. .4 players touch the ball with only one dribble from the backcourt.
              They’ve been running that play for a couple of weeks now. I think it originates from a team in the Euroleague.

Comment

• imawhat
                Bring Back David West
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by 712Jefferson
                We've embarrassed the Nets twice now at home this season and we were celebrating quite a bit today. Have to imagine, if they have any fight at all (and, frankly, I'm not sure that they do), the Nets are going to do everything in their power to return the favor on Wednesday. Let's see if we bring the same desire and compete level in their house. That's another W we need before playing OKC and Miami this weekend.
                The Nets’ effort tonight was that of a team who has quit. It’s rare to see a team underperform as much as they did last night.

Comment

• Granville Fleming
                  • Dec 2009

Honestly, this was a schedule loss for the Nets, due to our new style of playing so physical, Lakers/Pacers b2b is a tough stretch for any team....... Haliburton was amazing but they played him straight up

Comment

• 712Jefferson
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by edc
                    Agree, ball movement was stellar last night.

Comment

• Trader Joe
                      DIET COKE!
                      • Jan 2006

There was a great moment in the second half i think where Walker was matched up on a Nets center in the post and Jarace was just giving this dude the business physically while the whole bench got hyped up watching him play defense. He was bodying the center and then forced a stop and the bench went nuts. It was very cool to see.

Comment

• MillerTime
                        FREE LANCE
                        • May 2008

In reading the comments, I hope we don’t jinx ourselves for tomorrow
                        "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Comment

• docpaul
                          Rebirth.
                          • Jul 2006

I am incredibly perplexed by what we will choose to do this offseaskn

McConnell, Stix, Toppin all look good to me and like potential long term pieces.

We need to consolidate talent. We don’t have room for them all.

I continue to wonder if we roll the dice on Stix at a lower number and move Turner. I suspect we could find our way back into a first rounder with him, and lower our cap number.

Stix / Jackson / Oscar
                          Siakam / Toppin
                          Nesmith / Walker
                          Nembhard / Mathurin
                          Tyrese / McConnell

I suspect we could get a discount on Toppin and he’d be happy with a
                          rotation role.

McConnell has been just so so damn good. He looks like he has another 3 years in him at this point.

Its such an important offseason.

Comment

• edc
                            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by MillerTime
                            In reading the comments, I hope we don’t jinx ourselves for tomorrow

If the pacers consistenlty pass the ball you cannot jinx that.

Comment

• jrwannabe
                              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by docpaul
                              I am incredibly perplexed by what we will choose to do this offseaskn

McConnell, Stix, Toppin all look good to me and like potential long term pieces.

We need to consolidate talent. We don’t have room for them all.

I continue to wonder if we roll the dice on Stix at a lower number and move Turner. I suspect we could find our way back into a first rounder with him, and lower our cap number.

Stix / Jackson / Oscar
                              Siakam / Toppin
                              Nesmith / Walker
                              Nembhard / Mathurin
                              Tyrese / McConnell

I suspect we could get a discount on Toppin and he’d be happy with a
                              rotation role.

McConnell has been just so so damn good. He looks like he has another 3 years in him at this point.

Its such an important offseason.
                              We have a team option on TJM. We will probably try to keep Stix but up till recently I didn't think we had a chance. But with some of his recent antics and his back problems, I don't see him getting a big contact elsewhere. But if he does walk, we have Oscar to bring up as a 3rd. I can see Toppin staying as I don't see him in high demand. Doug or JJ will be gone and that spot will go to Wong or our 2nd round pick. Maybe QJ but we really don't need another undersized guard.
                              IMO the team will look very similar next year.

Comment

Working...