I'm telling you guys tinsleys going to be an all star this year!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OnlyPacersLeft
    • May 2005

I'm telling you guys tinsleys going to be an all star this year!

I tryed saying it over the summer...this kids going to finally get it this year! I know it's only one game but i think he can become a difference maker and a great running mate with JO and danger...I'm excited!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER
  • The Jumpshot Still Money
    Splash
    • Oct 2007

Re: I'm telling you guys tinsleys going to be an all star this year!

yezzir

Comment

• Unclebuck
      Administrator
      • Jan 2004

He played like an allstar tonight - no doubt about it

Comment

• MagicRat
        ENABEABLER
        • Jan 2004

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Comment

• Anthem
          White and Nerdy
          • Jan 2004

Can't see him getting a whiff of the ASG, but that's fine with me. He can be the perfect PG for this team even without it.
          This space for rent.

Comment

• Will Galen
            Pacer Junky
            • Jan 2004

I've got him being 3rd team all NBA, in the prediction thread.

Comment

• McKeyFan
              Intuition over Integers
              • Jan 2004

If he played like he did tonight, he has a shot at it.

Tinsley and one other player (Kirelenko, I think) are the only ones to ever register a quintuple quintuple (5 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals, and 5 blocks).
              "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference

Comment

• Unclebuck
                Administrator
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MagicRat
                Oh sure, now jump on the bandwagon.

Comment

• MagicRat
                  ENABEABLER
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unclebuck
                  Oh sure, now jump on the bandwagon.
                  Just let me know when you want your bandwagon banner back.......
                  PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Comment

• Evan_The_Dude
                    • Jan 2005

Lets not jump the gun just yet.

Comment

• Tank
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2007

If he averages 20/8/9 3 steals for the season he runs away with the MVP award. :P

I can't see him making the All-Star team. Too many good point guards in the East. Barring injury, Jason Kidd and Gilbert Arenas are locks. That likely leaves 1 open spot, and with guys like Billups, Mo Williams, T.J. Ford, and even old timers Marbury and Andre Miller, I have a hard time seeing Tinsley making it.

I think it depends entirely on his minutes and the Pacers record. If he only plays 25-30 mpg, then he has 0% chance as he wont have the numbers to warrant it. However, if he plays 35-36 mpg like most starting point guards, I could see him putting up something along the lines of 16/8/4, and if the Pacers surprise the league by having a winning record at that point, I'd give him a very good shot at it.

As of right now, I'd give him about a 10% chance at it.

Comment

• Evan_The_Dude
                        • Jan 2005

I don't see how a point guard could average more than 6 assists in this system. With the way the ball swings, the point guard would have to do a lot of pounding of the ball to get more than 6 assists per game on average. The ball is in motion a lot in this offense. What you'll see instead of a point guard averaging 8 assists per game is a couple of players averaging 3-4, with Tinsley probably averaging 6. I'd say it's similar to the Sacramento Kings teams with Chris Webber and company. Tinsley only had 8 tonight because of overtime. He had 6 at the end of regulation.
                        Last edited by Evan_The_Dude; 10-31-2007, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Evan_The_Dude
                          • Jan 2005

One more thing, I think we have a roster full of guys that could potentially be the NBA's Most Improved Player. I'd be willing to bet that award goes to somebody on our roster this year.

Comment

• Trader Joe
                            DIET COKE!
                            • Jan 2006

Anything's possible, but you give a calm, cold blooded Tinsley for the entire season and I'll be a happy camper. That is the Tins I know and love.

Comment

• Tank
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2007

Fun Fact - the 23 assists Tinsley had on Thanksgiving night, 2001 vs MJ and the Wiz haven't been topped since, and was the highest total since Jason Kidd had 25 in February of 1996.

So Jamaal Tinsley has the NBA's high in single game assists of the past 12 years, and he did it in only the 14th game of his career. Pretty damn impressive. Hopefully he finally lives up to what he should've been after his rookie season.

Comment

Working...