Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pianoman
    • Jun 2007

Nice read about Rush

in the book "The Last Season" by Phil Jackson, it talks about the Minny vs LA game 7. this is what Phil Jackson has to say about Kareem "I am very proud of Kareem, In practice he went all out during 3 on 3 matches." " I played him extensive minutes in the 4'th for that exact reason but 2 questions still remained, 1. will he make the big shots, and 2. will he get the calls." "he is the second most athletic guy under Kobe on this team" (which i remind you had Gary Payton). It mentions that at first he didn't take basketball seriously and that his brother (former UCLA star JaRon Rush who failed to make it into the league) lived in his house and started to distract him. Hopefully that is over with. I like Kareem and I hope he learned some things from Kobe. I expect him to be playing in clutch situations. I hope to see some good dunks too. Does anyone else think he might become a starter by the all star break??
    Or will he be the underachiever who got waived by Charolette??
    Will be a starter eventually
    24.00%
    6'th man
    36.00%
    role player
    38.00%
    should be waived
    2.00%
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers
  • rexnom
    Headband and Rec Specs
    • Dec 2005

Re: Nice read about Rush

I actually have high hopes for Kareem. Maybe I shouldn't. I don't know. I have just always loved the guy. This is definitely the ideal fit for him. I don't know on how many other teams he could legitimately start right now but here it's a definite possibility and he's in a very shooter-friendly offense. There's no reason why he won't be able to average at least double-figures this year.

Comment

• Doddage
      AIDIW
      • Oct 2006

I'm glad we signed him... I would imagine after quite a bit of time of not being in the league, he's humbled a little bit and will look to make an impression being on this team.

Comment

• Bball
        Jimmy did what Jimmy did
        • Jan 2004

I thought this thread was about Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peart!

-Bball
        Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Comment

• denyfizle
          • May 2005

It really wouldn't matter. If he sucks he gets cut after this season. If he excels then he jumps ship. I am simply not a fan of short-term stop gap players unless you are contending. That's just me.
          http://Twitter.com/dRealSource

Comment

• Bball
            Jimmy did what Jimmy did
            • Jan 2004

It might not be all that big of an achievement for Kareem to reach starter status for the Pacers this season by the All Star break.

When you look at the depth chart, plus consider injury history in front of him, and then realize we could also be experimenting due to the team looking for a spark... it's just not that big of a leap having him potentially reach the starting 5.

-Bball
            Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Comment

• rexnom
              Headband and Rec Specs
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by denyfizle
              It really wouldn't matter. If he sucks he gets cut after this season. If he excels then he jumps ship. I am simply not a fan of short-term stop gap players unless you are contending. That's just me.
              I kind of wish that we would have signed for three years with a team option or something similar.

Comment

• denyfizle
                • May 2005

Originally posted by rexnom
                I kind of wish that we would have signed for three years with a team option or something similar.
                i agree... that's why i am not all that thrilled with the Diener signing either. if we're going to invest on these kids, might as well set it up to work for us... unless of course they're just temporary stop gap measures. to me that's a waste of time unless you are contending. just look at Maceo.
                http://Twitter.com/dRealSource

Comment

• rexnom
                  Headband and Rec Specs
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by denyfizle
                  i agree... that's why i am not all that thrilled with the Diener signing either. if we're going to invest on these kids, might as well set it up to work for us... unless of course they're just temporary stop gap measures. to me that's a waste of time unless you are contending. just look at Maceo.
                  Well, I feel like we kind of let Baston go. Even the Diener signing is not bad...though you kind of wish that last year wasn't player option...

Comment

• Eindar
                    • Jan 2004

C'mon guys, I don't think we'd be happy with Rush's contract either way. A lot of people were ****ed at the signing anyway, could you imagine the reaction of "Kareem Rush signs three-year deal with Indiana Pacers"?

I think the problem is with the way Bird Rights are established, not neccessarily the signing itself. I think Bird Rights should start at season one, especially since they restructured how long the deals are. 3 years for Bird Rights isn't long when guys are regularly signing 7-year deals. When most guys are getting 4-5 year deals, committing 3 to a guy who might be a bust is a huge risk.

Back on topic, however, I think Rush can have an impact. If we're struggling to hit those wide-open threes, I think he can even start. I suppose it just depends on how Tinsley and Daniels are going to be utilized.

Comment

• HOOPFANATIC
                      Protect the Promise.
                      • Nov 2006

I have high hopes for Kareem. I actually wished the Pacers would have drafted him. He could have benefited greatly playing behind Reg for a few years, and Freddy didn't have his size. I know he was a top scorer for the Bobcats so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him become a 10-15pt scorer right away.
                      Protect the Promise!!!!

Comment

• Kegboy
                        How are you here?
                        • Jan 2004

:booprivatepoll:
                        Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Comment

• Speed
                          • Jan 2006

One thing Rush has going for him is that he is the only true pure shooting guard/2 on the squad.

Comment

• Jay@Section12
                            Administrator/ The Real Jay
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Speed
                            One thing Rush has going for him is that he is the only true pure shooting guard/2 on the squad.
                            I expect him to start, but play less than 30 mpg, for that very reason. He may be a good on-court compliment to JO, which is more important than the so-called negatives.
                            Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
                            Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
                            Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
                            Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
                            And life itself, rushing over me
                            Life itself, the wind in black elms,
                            Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Comment

• LG33
                              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Bball
                              I thought this thread was about Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peart!

-Bball
                              Well, that would have been sweet. But I'd rather listen to them than read about them. Greatest Canadian rock band ever!

Comment

Working...