Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Carmelo wants out of Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carmelo wants out of Denver

Originally posted by d_c View Post
    Lebron was the main reason Cleveland 60 plus games. That was all him. That was a garbage supporting cast that got exposed in the playoffs when it mattered and everyone knows it...

...It was Kobe who played like a true team player and whined, moaned, complained and threatened wanting out. He completely ripped the organization for not getting him more help. Something Lebron NEVER DID. "Andrew Bynum? Ship his @ss out!" Remember that? I don't remember Lebron ever talking like that about any of his Cleveland teammates.

And it actually worked. The Lakers went out and got him more help.

The bottom line is there are some historically good organizations and some historically bad ones. Players want to play for the good organizations a lot more than the bad ones. That's not a big surprise.
    Apart from the the first bit about the Cavs supporting cast sucking, I agree with everything else you said.

You're absolutely right that there are good organizations and bad. That players want to play for the good ones (although I think it's based on market more than the franchise itself in most cases). I don't know if anyone is disputing that, I know I'm certainly not.

It still doesn't take away from the fact that he took the easy way out. It makes him less of a "great". I think that's what everyone is referring to - his legacy. He has every right to play for whoever he wants, but by making Miami his choice (with Wade there), he'll never be someone who you can say took his team to the promised-land. I don't care personally because I've never liked Lebron, but I think the people who do/did like him are disappointed.

Regarding Kobe and the Lakers a few years ago. I agree with you. Kobe acted like a loser. That's not what I'm referring to when using those Laker teams as a reference. I'm stating that Kobe couldn't make his teams competitive on his own, so what makes you think Lebron managed to do it on his own? Are you saying that Lebron is head-and-shoulders above Kobe? Last years Cavs team was good mostly because of Lebron, but not solely because of him. Not even Jordan could do it on his own. A bad team doesn't win 60+ games.

I think all anyone is saying about Lebron is:

a) He's a jerk for the way he announced his decision.
    b) He's hurt his legacy by choosing Wade's Heat.
    Last edited by pacerDU; 08-19-2010, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MLB007 View Post
      Duncan is a known "different kind of guy" (class act) that DOES understand loyalty and that his team HAS tried to build a winner around him.
      He appreciates it.
      He stayed because of it.
      hmmmmmmmm

Tim Duncan loyal? Sure. It's easy to be loyal when you play for a great organization that shows you they can win and surrounds you with great teammates. They surrounded him with David Robinson the first half of his career and then Parker/Ginobilli the 2nd half. Lebron hasn't played with a supporting cast anywhere near that.
      Tim Duncan flew to Orlando to sign with the Magic in 2000. He was very close to ditch the Spurs and they were a very well run and successful organization. He was winning, for an organization with first class management but the the prospect of getting even better teammates (Grant Hill) was enough to make him seriously ponder about leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by pacerDU View Post
        Apart from the the first bit about the Cavs supporting cast sucking, I agree with everything else you said.

You're absolutely right that there are good organizations and bad. That players want to play for the good ones (although I think it's based on market more than the franchise itself in most cases). I don't know if anyone is disputing that, I know I'm certainly not.

It still doesn't take away from the fact that he took the easy way out. It makes him less of a "great". I think that's what everyone is referring to - his legacy. He has every right to play for whoever he wants, but by making Miami his choice (with Wade there), he'll never be someone who you can say took his team to the promised-land. I don't care personally because I've never liked Lebron, but I think the people who do/did like him are disappointed.

Regarding Kobe and the Lakers a few years ago. I agree with you. Kobe acted like a loser. That's not what I'm referring to when using those Laker teams as a reference. I'm stating that Kobe couldn't make his teams competitive on his own, so what makes you think Lebron managed to do it on his own? Are you saying that Lebron is head-and-shoulders above Kobe? Last years Cavs team was good mostly because of Lebron, but not solely because of him. Not even Jordan could do it on his own. A bad team doesn't win 60+ games.

I think all anyone is saying about Lebron is:

a) He's a jerk for the way he announced his decision.
        b) He's hurt his legacy by choosing Wade's Heat.
        Lebron is a good enough player that, if you put him on any roster in the league, that team is all of a sudden a threat to win 60 games and contend. That's the kind of player he is. He's that good.

Regarding his legacy, he'll have a better legacy joining Wade and Miami and winning titles there than if he chose to remain "loyal" and not winning titles in Cleveland. It's not as if KG finally winning a title in Boston hurts his legacy more than if he just stayed in Minnesota to keep getting 1st round exits. I think people think he's better off.

I agree that Lebron needing to televise his decision on ESPN was lame, contrived and totally unnecessary, but apart from that his decision shows that he's a man with a brain.

Comment

I think the Bobcats would be a solid trade partner for the Nuggets.

Carmelo is part of the Jordan brand. Bobcats could send back a solid SF in Gerald Wallace.

Could send Dampier's contract that's not guaranteed. Got young players in Augustin or Gerald Henderson. Can add a draft pick and take back a JR Smith or something.

Not making this a trade thread. I just think the Bobcats being patient w/ Dampier could pay off if Melo really wants out and is willing to go to Charlotte.

The Rockets can likely make the best package with Kevin Martin, picks and other young talent, but who knows?

Comment

Nothing we didn't really suspect. But just like everyone else, Carmelo wants his extension from Denver then traded to the Team of his choice.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...ynuggets082610

Anthony, Nuggets look ready to part ways

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
            9 hours, 22 minutes ago

Carmelo Anthony(notes) wants out of Denver, and Worldwide Wes delivered that message to the Nuggets with all the delicacy of a jackhammer at Sunday morning services. Do yourself a favor and trade him, the agent told the organization weeks ago.

Denver was furnished with a short list of teams and told to get to work. Yes, this how William Wesley and Leon Rose of CAA work now, thick with threats and ultimatums and a swagger suggesting that the sport belongs to them. After Anthony told owner-in-waiting Josh Kroenke that he still wanted out of Denver during a Sunday meeting, the Nuggets appear done trying to sell their All-Star forward on a contract extension.

Kroenke's son tries to woo Anthony Aug 23, 2010 This wasn’t a productive, nor particularly pleasant, meeting and multiple sources said it could turn out to be the point of no return for Anthony and the organization. Sources insist it’s no longer a matter of if the Nuggets trade Anthony, but when, where and for whom he’s traded for.

“It’s almost a given they’re going to move him,” said a front-office executive who’s talked with the Nuggets and Anthony’s agents with CAA.

While Kroenke had several severe remedies in his back pocket if the agency didn’t back off its most strident demands, sources said Thursday night that the owner never had to go that far to get CAA to work with the Nuggets. Now agent Leon Rose and Wesley are more open-minded about potential trade destinations.

Anthony wants to leave Denver and get his three-year, $65 million contract extension now. This partnership is rounding third and rapidly reaching disrepair. Denver is willing to trade Anthony, J.R. Smith(notes) and Kenyon Martin(notes), and start over again, sources said.

The Nuggets made it clear to teams they want young players and draft picks for Anthony, league executives said. The New Jersey Nets and Los Angeles Clippers have emerged as the two most probable destinations for Anthony because they have assets that appeal to Denver. The geography works for Anthony because of his wife LaLa Vazquez’s entertainment career.

Golden State and Houston are contenders, too. What’s more, the Charlotte Bobcats are a sleeper because of Anthony’s Brand Jordan shoe deal and the team’s ability to give the Nuggets a salary-dump proposal.

Back in mid-July, the Kroenkes had to travel to New York for Anthony’s wedding to finally realize he no longer intended to sign their extension offer. The reception spiraled into an evening of Chris Paul(notes) and Anthony’s brother making toasts about a future partnership for Anthony and Paul in New York with the Knicks. With nothing to trade for Anthony, though, New York isn’t considered a strong contender in the eyes of Denver management.

Few can be as strong-minded and willful as Stan Kroenke, and it doesn’t matter the Nuggets will be turned over to his son Josh by the end of the year. Stan still will be looming over the franchise, and the billionaire has shown an old-school ability to carry through on his convictions once you’ve lost him as an ally.

With the way that CAA has tried to muscle and manipulate the market this summer, sources said Stan Kroenke, freshly approved as the St. Louis Rams owner, intends look closely at whether the NBA should adopt a “franchise player” tag that teams could slap on superstars like the one the NFL uses. NBA owners are still far from seriously discussing that issue, but CAA’s manipulation of Anthony and Paul while under contract has become an increasingly sore subject within the league.

For now, the departure of Denver general manager Mark Warkentien and the increased influence of Kroenke adviser Bret Bearup means there won’t be much of a fight within the organization to stay the course with Anthony, sources said. Denver has hired Masai Ujiri as its new GM, but he doesn’t arrive with the authority to make major moves. Things have deteriorated too fast to believe Denver will turn back now. ‘Melo is on the market, and the bidding has begun.
            I'm guessing that it's possible that the Pacers can get involved somehow given our Expiring Contracts as a 3rd Team facilitator to make salaries match ( I'm not saying we can get Carmelo )...but my guess is that the Bobcats will be involved as the 3rd Team with Dampier's huge unguaranteed Contract or the Kings cuz they are way under the Salary Cap.

Another side note...I wouldn't mind trying to make a move for Kenyon Martin as a stop-gap solution for the PF spot for a single season.
            Last edited by CableKC; 08-27-2010, 03:33 AM.
            Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Comment

No, it is not possible that the Pacers can get involved somehow. No way in hell would Melo ever play here. He and his "actress" wife want LA or NYC, that's it. Living in Indy would be their worst nightmare. No chance he agrees to sign that extension if Denver is planning to send him anywhere else.

Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by bphil View Post
                No, it is not possible that the Pacers can get involved somehow. No way in hell would Melo ever play here. He and his "actress" wife want LA or NYC, that's it. Living in Indy would be their worst nightmare. No chance he agrees to sign that extension if Denver is planning to send him anywhere else.

Sorry.
                Did you even read what he said? He wasn't targeting Carmelo by getting involved.

Comment

The owners of teams in small markets like Utah and San Antonio didn't have problems keeping Stockton/Malone and Duncan. They are well run organizations. Utah kept Stockton/Malone for basically their entire careers in a place that is pretty much way down at the bottom of the list for pro athletes and their "lifestyles". That's because they're well run franchises that gave their star players a chance to win. The same can't be said for teams like Toronto and Cleveland.

Why is Lebron obligated in any way shape or form to commit to a crappy Cavs franchise that had 7 years to build around him and couldn't do better than spare parts like Larry Hughes? If Magic or Bird played in some podunk city where their best teammate was someone like Mo Williams, they would've wanted out to.

They would've wanted out just like Charles Barkley forced his way out of a Philly team going nowhere. Funny that Charles would criticize Lebron for ditching a crappy franchise when that's basically what Barkley forced his way out of in 1992. If Lebron basically knows that the Cavs are too incompetent a franchise to ever surround him with a winning team, then why the hell should be obligated to stick with that? If he finds a better opportunity to form a team HIMSELF, then why shouldn't he?

I mean, nobody ever says a peep when players want out of a poorly run franchise like Golden State, right (and there have been plenty of players wanting out)? Everytime someone whines or forces their way out of GS, it's pretty much agreed that said player had good reason to want out because nobody should be blamed for wanting to escape a poorly run franchise.

So why shouldn't Lebron have the same leeway? In Carmelo's case, it's pretty clear that Denver's front office is in a lot of ruin, and their upper management/ownership situation right now looks pretty similar to what's been going on for years under Chris Cohan's rule.

Bottom line is you can't and shouldn't expect great players to commit themselves to poorly run organizations. Why the hell should they waste their time and talent just for the sake of loyalty? They shouldn't.
                  I think many people don't disagree with your point but I think the way he left was what really angered people.
                  {o,o}
                  |)__)
                  -"-"-

Comment

Originally posted by bphil View Post

Sorry.
                    What are you sorry about, exactly? And why do you feel sorry?

Comment

I think Carmelo would fit in great at PF here. He could run the pick and roll and be just about unstoppable with Collison IMO. He has an unbelievable mid-range game, which is something we don't have. I wish he would pass the ball more than he currently does in Denver, but we also have a better offensive team than the Nuggets. Chauncey is very good, but they rely so heavily on he and Anthony to score. They need JR Smith's offense desperately, but he makes too many dumb mistakes that lose ball games to rely on him. When he goes off though, Denver becomes nearly unbeatable. I doubt Carmelo's willingness to play PF though. I don't know if he would give us enough rebounding to be successful though.

As per the feasibility of bringing Anthony here, it is highly doubtful. If Denver rescinds the extension offer, they can trade him anywhere and he has no say in the matter. He can be disruptive where it drives down his trade value to anybody outside of a few teams he would want to play for. The problem is, that Denver can lose him for nothing. Nothing may be better than what a team like NY could offer him. NY has nothing worth a damn to offer in a trade. Gallinari is a solid player with back problems this early in hsi career. Wilson Chandler is an excellent athlete, but he isn't enough to make that deal happen for the Denver organization. I would think Denver would want a solid player in return plus a young player and a first rounder. Anthony can't force Denver's hands too much. He can say he won't play for a team that trades for him, but then he has to deal with the league.

I think Chicago is actually an attractive destination for Carmelo. He would be put next to Boozer, Noah, and Rose. That is a tough, hard-nosed team IMO. Denver could take back Deng if they really like him enough to take on his salary. Or they could do a straight up trade with them for James Johnson or Taj Gibson and a couple first rounders since the bulls are still slightly under the cap. The Bulls would barely be under LT if they sent out just one of the two young PF's and took on Anthony's deal. I also think Anthony would be agreeable to go there.

The Nets are an option because of Jay-Z. I think Charlotte and Indy might have a chance just because of their legendary Presidents. A sleeper in this whole thing is Portland. Portland has Nike. They have the talent. They have the young talent to send to Denver. They also have an owner willing to spend. Denver may not deal him directly to Portland, but I could see Portland trying to get involved in some way to get him. Atlanta is a sleeper pick for him IMO. Orlando could do something around Vince Carter, but I doubt Chauncey would do well with the way that Vince plays.
                      "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Comment

Originally posted by Trader Joe View Post
                        Did you even read what he said? He wasn't targeting Carmelo by getting involved.
                        Ha ha, no, apparently I didn't read his post with any measure of comprehension the first time. My bad. Damn you internet!

Comment

I was just looking at potential Carmelo trades. I truley hope he doesn't come out east. If he goes to New Jersey or Charlotte, that will just be another team we have to compete with to make the playoffs.
                          If he goes to New Jersey in a Melo for T Will, Favors, Outlaw. That still leaves New Jersey with a startig line up of
                          PG: Harris
                          SG: Morrow
                          SF: Melo
                          PF: Murphy
                          C: Lopez
                          If he goes to Charlotte in a Melo for Wallace, Dampier, then that still leave Charlotte with a line up of:
                          PG: Augustin?
                          SG: Jackson
                          SF: Melo
                          PF: Thomas
                          C: Diop/Mohammed
                          The New Jersey team lineup is much better. Charlotte still has holes a Center and point guard.

Comment

Originally posted by pacergod2 View Post
                            I think Carmelo would fit in great at PF here.
                            You mean SF, I suppose; he played less than 6% of his minutes at PF. If you do mean PF, I have my doubts. On defense they hide him and use him as a rover (by the way, what happened to their team defense last season?); if he's got to guard bigger 4s on a nightly basis - I take it you would start him, yes? - that's a lot to ask of your #1 scorer. You raise the small ball debate to another degree, because you basically make it the full-time strategy of the team.

He could run the pick and roll and be just about unstoppable with Collison IMO.
                            Sounds plausible to me.

He has an unbelievable mid-range game, which is something we don't have.
                            Forgetting Danny Granger?

I wish he would pass the ball more than he currently does in Denver...
                            I can agree with this to a point. He's such a prolific shot-creater and productive scorer that you do want him creating and taking shots.

...but we also have a better offensive team than the Nuggets.
                            I must have read this wrong. I'm going to go make coffee.

Hm. Two cups down and it still says the same thing. I think that you meant to say that the Nuggets have a better offensive team than the Pacers. That must be the explanation, since Denver scored 7.4 points more per hundred possessions than Indiana. That is an enormous difference.

I doubt Carmelo's willingness to play PF though. I don't know if he would give us enough rebounding to be successful though.
                            Good points. Basically it's hard to see having both Carmelo and Granger.

... Orlando could do something around Vince Carter, but I doubt Chauncey would do well with the way that Vince plays.
                            Chauncey will be 34 this season. He has aged incredibly well - his game never relied on blinding speed - but it looks like Denver is going to blow it up, and the last thing you can expect is for them to start putting aging vets around Billups to make another run... no, no way, not going to happen.
                            :
                            Last edited by O'Bird; 08-29-2010, 03:20 PM. Reason: Local Color
                            :

"Defense doesn't break down on the help, it breaks down on the recovery." - Chuck Daly

"The first shot does not beat you." - Chuck Daly

"To play defense and not foul is an art that must be mastered if you are going to be successful." - Chuck Daly

Comment

http://realgm.net/src_wiretap_archiv...ngs_or_wolves/
                              Sam Amico of NBA.com is reporting that the Nuggets are looking at three teams as destinations for All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony -- the Nets, Kings and Timberwolves.

"Early word around NBA is Nuggets will try to trade Carmelo to 1 of 3 teams: Wolves, Kings, Nets. In other words, careful what you wish for," Amico wrote on his Twitter page.

The New York Post reported on Saturday morning that the Nets are a "legit" suitor for Anthony.

An NBA executive was quoted as saying that New Jersey as the right pieces to acquire the forward.
                              My guess is the Nuggets are after a young PF as well. They're set at PG with Billups and Lawson. Nene is a solid Center. Kmart is expiring, so a young PF and young wing will likely be the targets.

Judging by the 3 teams I expect Favors, Cousins and Kevin Love are the targets.

Nets could also throw in a wing or 2 with Morrow, TWill, or Outlaw. Not sure if Murphy would have to be added for contracts or what?

Kings could add Casspi and maybe even Landry and Thompson, plus they have cap room.

Wolves, Wes Johnson or Beasley to Kevin Love would be solid. Flynn or Rubio are also there, but don't see Nuggets wanting PG. Corey Brewer could be decent piece as well. Wolves also have cap space

Comment

Working...
                              X