Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

Good times last night. We lost, but my wife's entire family got to be in Area55 for my daughters birthday and had a great time.

Comment

AREA 55 NEWS YOU CAN TAKE TO THE BANK!!!

Salutations 55ers! Tonight we trudge back to cozy BLF to see our guys take on Blake Griffin, Chris Paul and the L.A. Clippers. The Pacers will be looking to turn things around after getting pasted twice on successive nights by the New York Knicks. Lately our offense has been really sputtering. Accordingly, an injection of Brazilian joy juice – in the form of our new acquisition from Toronto, Leandro Barbosa – might be just the tonic to get us going in the right direction again. Other than our splendid win against Philadelphia (when our whole team seemed to have all of its cylinders in sync) we’ve had a pretty dismal March. We need this game big time, so we really need to bring it tonight.

It ought to be an interesting game, if only to see what Frank the Tank has cooked up to put the brakes on the Clippers’ one-two punch of Paul and Griffin. Paul is a pretty known commodity to our ex-New Orleaninians Darren Collison and David West. He has never really gone off on us, and I expect our guards to rise to the occasion tonight and really clamp him down. Griffin, however, is more problematic. If Big Roy can keep his hands up, and David West can push him away from the rim, maybe we can neutralize some of his dunk attempts and force him to be a jump shooter. We’ll see, I guess.

Anyway, I’ve got a good feeling about this game. Maybe it’s the magnolias blooming in the neighbors' yard across the street; maybe it’s the damn birds doing mating calls and waking me up early; maybe it’s the burrito I had last night from Q-Doba. Whatever it is, I’m chock full of enthusiasm for this game. The playoffs don’t look so far off. I think our guys might start playing like the playoff-bound team that we all know they are.

But on to other stuff!

The Status of the Milwaukee Trip. I wish I could tell you more as this goes to print, but I can’t. The problem right now with a potential argosy to Milwaukee this coming Saturday is I still don’t know if we can get a block of tickets. I’ve tried to find out if the Suits can get us something (whether a stack of freebies or something we have to pay for – no matter) but, to date, I still haven’t heard anything from them. I hope to hear something yet today and, if so, I’ll send you all out a supplemental email and also provide everyone attending tonight with a personal status report. Right now, I’ve got around 30 names of people interested in making the trek, as well as a laudable assemblage of people claiming they’re stupid enough to drive. Getting the tickets, right now, is the issue. Stay tuned!

PTO Springtime is PTO prime time, fellow revelers. Attendance, of late, has been rising. Those of you that have not attended recently owe it to yourselves to wend your beery way to the Nameless Parking Lot across from the Arby’s and soak in the alcohol, punditry, and Fellini-esque pre-game ambience that is the Pacers Tailgating Organization.

I’m going myself tonight just to watch PTO Prez Brickyard (who so selflessly turned his ankle in Area 55's recent B-ball game with the Pacers Suits) self-medicate. BTW, for those of you who were wondering, I’m happy to report that PTO Vice-Prez and GM, Casey O’Brien, was able to persuade the presiding judge that mere public urination does not necessarily make one a sex offender. Thus, O’Brien won’t have to go through that cumbersome registration process after all. Great news!

AND NOW FOR SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT THE L.A. CLIPPERS!

Meet Clippers Owner, Donald Sperling! The general consensus among NBA cognoscenti is that the Clippers' owner, Donald Sperling, is the worst owner in the NBA. Given some of the beauties that own NBA teams, that’s really saying something.

So who is this guy, Donald Sperling? And what’s so bad about him?

Well, this is a photo of The Donald (his friends like to call him that) in a candid moment watching his hapless minions doing their thing on court:

http://tinyurl.com/83kkyge

A tanned, pot-bellied, handsome fellow, right! But why’s he the worst owner in the NBA?

Well, here’s a synopsis:

• In 2003, 19 tenants and the Housing Rights Center filed a housing discrimination lawsuit against The Donald. According to depositions given by one of his property supervisors and reported by ESPN The Magazine's Peter Keating, Sterling didn't like renting apartments he owned to black people ("they smell"), Mexican-Americans ("just sit around and smoke and drink all day") or to people with children ("brats"). He liked Koreans, however, because "they will take whatever conditions I give them and still pay the rent." The same property supervisor who gave the deposition, one Sumner Davenport, also reportedly brought a suit of her own against The Donald in Federal Court for sexual harassment, but lost. .

▪ On November 15, 2005, the Associated Press reported that The Donald had been ordered by U.S. District Judge Dale S. Fischer to pay $5 million in fees to plaintiff's attorneys in a related case which accused him of trying to drive out non-Korean tenants, particularly blacks and Latinos, from apartments he owned in Koreatown.

▪ In February 2009, The Donald was sued again. This time it was by former Clippers executive and NBA star, Elgin Baylor, for employment discrimination on the basis of age and race. Among other things, the lawsuit alleged The Donald told Baylor that he wanted to fill his team with "poor black boys from the South” under “a white head coach." The suit also claimed that during contract negotiations for Danny Manning, Sterling said "I'm offering a lot of money for a poor black kid." The suit noted that Donald made those comments while giving "the [Clippers’] Caucasian head coach a four-year, $22-million contract." Baylor groused that his salary as the Clippers’ GM had "been frozen at a comparatively paltry $350,000 since 2003."

▪ In another juicy piece from the Baylor litigation, Baylor also claimed that "[w]hile ignoring my suggestions and isolating me from decisions customarily reserved for general managers, the Clippers attempted to place the blame for the team's failures on me,"

▪ Baylor also claimed that "[d]uring this same period, players Sam Cassell, Elton Brand and Corey Maggette” complained to him that The Donald had a habit of bringing women into the Clippers’ locker room after games and while the players were showering. Supposedly the female guests would then make comments like: 'Look at those beautiful black bodies.'” Baylor alleged that he brought the players’ complaints to Sterling's attention, but "he still continued to bring women into the locker room."

To be fair to The Donald, a jury later rejected Baylor’s employment discrimination claims, deciding that he had been fired because of the Clippers’ losing history and not because of his race or age.

▪ On August 8, 2009, the U.S. Department of Justice sued The Donald for housing discrimination, supposedly because he used race as a factor in filling apartment buildings he owned in L.A. The government's case alleged that Sterling refused to rent to non-Koreans in the “Koreatown” neighborhood of L.A. and to African-Americans in Beverly Hills. The suit alleged Sterling once said he did not like to rent to Hispanics because they "smoke, drink and just hang around the building," and that "Black tenants smell and attract vermin." Donald wound up paying $2.73 million to settle the suit. The settlement was said to be one of the largest of its kind.

• When one of Donald’s tenants supposedly asked to be compensated for water damage in her flooded apartment, Sterling allegedly told his property manager, "Just evict the *****."

• Sterling bought the Clippers in 1981 for $13 million. The franchise is now valued at over $300 million. On his watch, the Clippers haven’t exactly been winners. They have lost 50 games in a season 20 times. Long ago, Sterling realized — correctly — that an owner could still turn a tidy and effortless profit under the NBA's revenue-sharing system simply by losing cheaply and then relying on the league's ever-fattening coffers to turn a profit

• The NBA once fined The Donald $10,000 for suggesting that the Clippers tank in order to enhance their draft position.

• Sterling's scorekeepers in the late 1990s routinely and dramatically undercounted the Clippers' assist totals. Deliberate or not, the effect was to depress the value of the team's own players.

• According to Franz Lidz, who was quoted in Sports Illustrated, Sterling would refuse to add players even after injuries reduced the team’s roster to the NBA’s bare 8-man minimum. "The Clippers came close to forfeiting a game after forward Michael Brooks had oral surgery," Lidz wrote. "Brooks had to suit up, and he actually played, though his jaw was as swollen as Sterling's ego."

• Sterling reportedly once welshed on a $1,000 prize for a Clippers halftime fan free-throw shooting contest, forcing the winner, a lawyer and season ticketholder named Michael Spilger, to sue to get his promised money. More than a year later, according to Lidz, Spilger finally got it.

• During his first season as owner, according to Sports Illustrated, Sterling reportedly wanted to save money by jettisoning the team trainer. He supposedly asked then-coach Paul Silas if he would mind taping up Clippers players himself before games.

• Also, according to Sports Illustrated: "Sterling is also said to have proposed to trim the team budget for his second season by slashing training-camp expenses from more than $50,000 to about $100, scouting from more than $20,000 to about $1,000, advertising from more than $200,000 to less than $9,000 and team medical expenses from about $10,000 to $100."

• Sterling would also reportedly solicit "hostesses" for private parties and Clippers events. One of these told ESPN The Magazine: "Working for Donald Sterling was the most demoralizing, dehumanizing experience of my life. He asked me for seminude photos and made it clear he wanted more."

• A former employee sued Sterling for sexual harassment in 1996. According to testimony obtained by ESPN The Magazine, Sterling would order her to find massage therapists, saying, "I want someone who will, you know, let me put it in or who [will] suck on it." The case was settled.

• In 2003, Sterling acknowledged paying a woman named Alexandra Castro $500 every time "she provided sex." He testified: "It was purely sex for money, money for sex, sex for money, money for sex." He would call her “honey,” but for decidedly unromantic reasons: "I'm a very flowery man," he said. "If you are having sex with a woman you are paying for, you always call her honey because you can't remember her name."

▪ Sterling has also been known to heckle his own players. He once expressed his displeasure about Baron Davis’ play by taunting him from his courtside seat at Clippers’ home games. Among Sterling’s verbal barbs to Baron:
      – “Why are you in the game?”
      – “Why did you take that shot?”
      – “You’re out of shape!”

“There’s nothing I can say,” Davis said of Sterling’s taunts. “I have no comment on that. You just get to this point where it’s a fight every day. It’s a fight. You’re fighting unnecessary battles. I’m fighting unnecessary battles.”

Sterling had little comment when asked about his behavior.

Former Clippers players Chris Kaman, Bobby Brown and Mardy Collins were also reportedly berated by Sterling during games. The players typically heard from The Donald during free throws or when they were within earshot during a stoppage in play.

▪ According to former Clippers assistant coach, Kim Hughes, Sterling and the Clippers organization also refused to cover the costs of a surgery that Hughes' needed after being diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2004. The reason?

"The reason they couldn't pay for the surgery is if they paid for mine, if anybody else had a problem -- head coach, secretary, assistant coach -- if they paid for mine, the onus would be on them for everybody else," Hughes told ESPN.

"I said, 'That's fine. I choose to try and save my life, and if I have to pay for it myself, I will.'"

Several Clippers players at the time - including Corey Maggette, Chris Kaman, Elton Brand and Marko Jaric - offered to help pay for Hughes' medical procedures, which totaled $70,000 or more.

Ah, and the list goes on. There’s a pretty good article on The Donald here if you’re interested in more:

http://tinyurl.com/pdpmmd

And on this high note, we adjourn!

GO PACERS! GO AREA 55!

Joe Murphy – Area 55 Mighty High Poohbah and Dedicated Raker of NBA Muck
      Last edited by IndyHoya; 03-20-2012, 03:47 PM.

Comment

It's official! The Milwaukee trip for Saturday is a go! Just got the following message from Rob Laycock:

Joe,

Earlier today, we purchased 30 tickets for members of Area 55 for Saturday’s game. They will be in the upper bowl in a block of seats. I’m waiting to hear back on whether they’ll be left at Will Call or placed in an account. Once I know, I’ll let you know.

We’re happy to pay for them for you guys. We bought them at the standard group rate, which is the same type of offer the Pacers would provide Squad Six if they wanted to attend a game. To be clear, you guys are responsible for travel and any other liabilities. Cool?

I CC’d Alex and Kyle so they’re in the loop.

More details to come. Plan on going.

Thanks,
        Rob

And thank you, Pacers Suits! And yeah, we're on our own for travel. As I advised Mr. Laycock, this trip is a chilling prospect, not just for us but especially so for the city of Milwaukee.

Comment

Big KUDOS to Mr. Murphy for getting this whole shindig together!
          Dinner is on me at the old German Beerhall Joe!

Comment

Originally posted by kielbeze View Post
            Big KUDOS to Mr. Murphy for getting this whole shindig together!
            Dinner is on me at the old German Beerhall Joe!
            Yup, Joe is pretty freakin' awesome.

Comment

AREA 55 NEWS YOU CAN TAKE TO THE BANK!!!!

Salutations, 55ers!

In case you didn’t see it, our Pacers came from 22 points down to win the game last night against the Washington Wizards 85-83. After an atrocious 1st half, they played stellar ball and took the lead in the waning seconds. Everyone contributed. Roy was big with 19 points, 9 rebounds and some great hustle steals. David West had 13 and 3 very timely tap outs at the end that helped the Pacers retain possession when doing so was vital. DC2 had a crucial steal, and Paul George hit a massively important 3. We held the Wizards to under 90, corralled 14 offensive rebounds, and outscored the Wizards 53-32 in the 2nd half.

Tonight our guys return to BLF for the second of another back to back to back. We face Steve Nash and the Phoenix Suns.

The Suns (23-24) have lost their last two games (against Orlando and Miami) as part of a current road swing. These defeats are part of general recent road woes for Phoenix – the Suns have lost 6 out of their last 7 in foreign territory. Ball handling’s been problematic for them. They had 20 turnovers against Miami and 17 against Orlando. If we can bring our defense tonight, it might prove fruitful.

Still, if past performance counts for anything, we need to be wary. The Pacers have dropped their last three against Phoenix and last’s night’s win against Washington, while welcome, was definitely grueling. Our boys will be tired. We need to be loud and do everything we can to energize them.

Milwaukee Trip. The annual trek to Cheeseland is a go. Saturday afternoon around 30 55ers will motor to Milwaukee to see our boys face the Bucks. Drivers are cautioned to stay sober and all participants have been advised to tailor their behavior to that of Mahatma Gandhi. Colin Lott’s response – “Who’s Mahatma Gandhi?” – has caused your Prez a tad bit of concern.

Those going, be prepared for a lot of serious abuse. Remember, we represent Roy. There can be no profanity, no fighting, no sloppy drunkenness etc. – no matter what the provocation. Do wear your gear! Do be loud! Don’t let the anticipated abuse prevent you from doing your thing. When visiting restrooms, snack locations, or whatever, try to use the buddy system. We don’t want altercations and witnesses are always helpful.

PTO. The Pacers Tailgating Organization will meet as always pre-game tonight at the Nameless Lot in front of the Arby’s on the corner of Pennsylvania and South Street. Strategies for eclipsing the Suns will be discussed in a literally intoxicating atmosphere. Those of you who haven’t attended before are urged to do so, if only to experience the carnival ambience. If you ask nicely, PTO Vice-Prez and GM, Casey O’Brien may reward you with a musical performance. Casey has been know to swallow air and then use his talented sphincters to pass wind and thereby emit, in the form of whistles, all kinds of popular songs. His version of “Pop Goes the Weasel” always pleases a crowd. Come see!

Well, that’s it Fun-Seekers. I’ve been too busy with the Milwaukee trip to research titillating stories about our foes. However, an upcoming narrative will chronicle the Milwaukee saga. Stay tuned.

In the meantime be loud and strong tonight! Beating Phoenix would be a very good win for our guys.

GO PACERS! GO AREA 55!

Joe Murphy – Boy Travel Agent and Area 55 Grand Poobah!

Comment

Originally posted by IndyHoya View Post
                AREA 55 NEWS YOU CAN TAKE TO THE BANK!!!!

PTO. The Pacers Tailgating Organization will meet as always pre-game tonight at the Nameless Lot in front of the Arby’s on the corner of Pennsylvania and South Street. Strategies for eclipsing the Suns will be discussed in a literally intoxicating atmosphere. Those of you who haven’t attended before are urged to do so, if only to experience the carnival ambience. If you ask nicely, PTO Vice-Prez and GM, Casey O’Brien may reward you with a musical performance. Casey has been know to swallow air and then use his talented sphincters to pass wind and thereby emit, in the form of whistles, all kinds of popular songs. His version of “Pop Goes the Weasel” always pleases a crowd. Come see!Well, that’s it Fun-Seekers. I’ve been too busy with the Milwaukee trip to research titillating stories about our foes. However, an upcoming narrative will chronicle the Milwaukee saga. Stay tuned.

In the meantime be loud and strong tonight! Beating Phoenix would be a very good win for our guys.

GO PACERS! GO AREA 55!

Joe Murphy – Boy Travel Agent and Area 55 Grand Poobah!
                I remember when he did Elvira by the Oakridge Boys and pooped his pants in the middle of giddy up ooom poppa mow-mow

Comment

I blame the so-called "Area 55 MVP" for these Bird rumors. He doesn't think he is loved anymore and might be leaving this offseason. This falls squarely on the shoulders of Mr. Kyle Brumback. You better get your act together son

Comment

Originally posted by dgranger17 View Post
                    I blame the so-called "Area 55 MVP" for these Bird rumors. He doesn't think he is loved anymore and might be leaving this offseason. This falls squarely on the shoulders of Mr. Kyle Brumback. You better get your act together son
                    I heard Bird was moving to reno to be with his lover.

Comment

Riiiiiight...

Comment

I remember when he did Elvira by the Oakridge Boys and pooped his pants in the middle of giddy up ooom poppa mow-mow
                        Last week he did a sensitive version of "Dust in the Wind". Grown men were crying. (It might have been the gas irritating their eyes though, not sure)

Comment

I heard Bird was moving to reno to be with his lover.
                          I'm blushing

Comment

Originally posted by IndyHoya View Post
                            Last week he did a sensitive version of "Dust in the Wind". Grown men were crying. (It might have been the gas irritating their eyes though, not sure)
                            If it were anything like this, I'd cry too.

Comment

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=17&t=1170928

http://www.facebook.com/events/397799846915092/

According to this Squad 6 member, the Squad 6 is inviting Area 55 for a drink at Scooters Pub on Juneau (corner of Water Street) for a drink before or after the game.

He also said that he could set up some of our road squad (and El Pacero in particular) with an interview at the Bucks Postgame Show to talk about the Pacers and Area 55.

You can contact the guy on facebook (link above) or on email (bucks.squad6@gmail.com)

That would be so awesome, guys. Two great fan groups hanging out before or after the game would be great. Don't we have a Buck fan on the forum as well? I approve of this move
                              Originally posted by IrishPacer
                              Empty vessels make the most noise.

Comment

We can't be copycats. The guy who bought us our tickets is still on the team!
                                "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "

Comment

Working...
                                X