Thread: No Iverson when we play Philly

Mood

Default Re: No Iverson when we play Philly

I'll take any break we can get until Ron returns. If we go 15-11 in our remaining games it puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the Nets to catch us. They'd have to go 22-6 down the stretch. 16 wins or more for us almost guarantees homecourt advantage. The more creampuff games right now the better.

There was a time that that didn't matter. The rest of the team would step up and in the process get a lot of hard-earned wins. Not anymore. Man they sure fell apart quick didn't they. A testament to Brown's coaching.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll take any break we can get until Ron returns. If we go 15-11 in our remaining games it puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the Nets to catch us. They'd have to go 22-6 down the stretch. 16 wins or more for us almost guarantees homecourt advantage. The more creampuff games right now the better.

We put together the best record in the league when our schedule was difficult. So as The Boss says, "When it comes to luck you make your own". We've put ourselves in a good position and we won't have to apologize about playing a bunch of games here against cellar-dwellers and injury-delpeted teams while we adjust to playing without Ron.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Exactly...and we'd beat them even with Iverson
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

The 76ers aren't even the best team in the city, without AI they probably couldn't even beat St. Joes. Last nights brilliant performance of 66 points was the 2nd lowest total in team history. Like Charles Barkley would say "Dr. J is rolling over in his grave right now". Our only hope is we really go south and land Okafor and move big dogs expiring contract this summer for a legit power forward.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Go easy on them...you WERE facing the best defensive PF/C combo in the east, after all..

I was impressed with Dalembert..he'll be a player someday.

Can Kenny Thomas score without getting an offensive board first?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo

I agree I don't supose there is any chance of them giving up on him and trading him to us for Pollard is there? ed:

Go easy on them...you WERE facing the best defensive PF/C combo in the east, after all..

Can Kenny Thomas score without getting an offensive board first?
    Yeh Detroits defense was impressive; its tough to score with Sheed and Ben down there; Thomas mentioned after the game that the Pistons are now like a western conference team with their length inside. Also that block by Prince on Snow was a terrific hustle play and a back breaker. Thomas rebounds like a beast for his size but hes had trouble scoring this season because hes playing out of position. Last year he played the 3 and this year hes been forced to play the 4 because of dog. Hes about 6'7" so at the 4 hes giving up size every game.

Dalembert is raw but very athletic he injured his knee and missed the entire season last year which was ashame because with Brown tutoring him last year in practice he could have really learned about the nuances of the game which is where he is lacking but he has alot of potential and he is only about 22 years old.

I agree I don't supose there is any chance of them giving up on him and trading him to us for Pollard is there?
    :P