Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

  1. #1

    Default I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...al-With-Pacers

    Let's see. We have C.J. Miles, C. J. Watson, and now we're bringing C.J. Fair to camp. I'm pretty sure that's called a pattern.

  2. #2
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,606
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    Interesting observation.

    I don't care what the guys names are, just that they produce.

  3. #3

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    WE'RE BRINGING CJ FAIR?!?!?!?!!?!?? AWESOME!!!

  4. #4

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    I'm calling everyone on the team CJ next year.

  5. #5
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,269

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    We've gotten tired of the TJs, AJs, and OJs.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:


  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,657

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've gotten tired of the TJs, AJs, and OJs.
    Bet you wouldn't be saying that if we had BJ Armstrong on our team.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  9. #7
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,131

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    I doubt anyone gets tired of BJ's. Obviously on the roster, is what I meant.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  10. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  11. #8
    Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    332

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt anyone gets tired of BJ's. Obviously on the roster, is what I meant.
    HEY OH!! He'll be here all night, ladies and germs.

    You're a great crowd...

    Try the veal...

  12. #9
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,842

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt anyone gets tired of BJ's. Obviously on the roster, is what I meant.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,045

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    That's good to know. I've heard some good things about CJ Fair.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  15. #11
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,131

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you for that.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  17. #12
    Member DJVendetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Posts
    1,064

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    I used to despise CJ Fair at Syracuse, because he ate Indiana up. So I like it lol

  18. #13

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    Always been a fan of CJ Fair. He has a chance.
    Here we come lottery?

  19. #14
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,045

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always been a fan of CJ Fair. He has a chance.
    Would you say that he has a fair chance?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  21. #15

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    wow, he averaged 16.5 ppg and 6.5 rpg for Syracuse, thats good stats for someone from a major program to do undrafted, anyone know why?

  22. #16

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    So, looks like he's really a CK, Carl Keith Jr., but let's CJ him anyway. 6'8" SF. Anyone know why he wasn't drafted?

  23. #17

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, looks like he's really a CK, Carl Keith Jr., but let's CJ him anyway. 6'8" SF. Anyone know why he wasn't drafted?
    He is more of a tweener than a SF. Played some PF at syracuse. Some issues with his shooting. And the usual issues with defense, "Can he guard anyone outside the Syracuse zone?"

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  25. #18
    Member BenR1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Fredonia, NY
    Posts
    1,360

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wow, he averaged 16.5 ppg and 6.5 rpg for Syracuse, thats good stats for someone from a major program to do undrafted, anyone know why?
    His 3 point shooting was pretty disappointing this year. In CJ's junior year, he shot a lower volume of outside shots but at a very good percentage. The other big issue is his ball handling isn't the greatest. Fair was actually debating whether or not to go into the draft last year and decided to come back for his senior season, hoping he could put together a really good year and become a top 20 pick. He was a great player at Syracuse, did everything he was supposed to do, and I would love to see him succeed. Among some other interesting things, CJ has an excellent midrange game and he's a lefty. Unfortunately for guys like CJ Fair, teams today are going to spend draft picks on potential over guys who are four year college players.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:


  27. #19
    Member Indra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    435

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of my favorite things about this board is the Seinfeld gifs. Thank you!

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Indra For This Useful Post:


  29. #20
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,751

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    I'm a huge cuse fan and I love CJ Fair! I was honestly very surprised he was not drafted - I think he'll have a decent career. Not an allstar, but he's solid. He played some PF at cuse but he doesn't have very good post moves. He also played some SF for cuse but he wasn't all that efficient. Still, he's a versatile player and if he can ever get the consistency there, I think he'll be a solid backup wing.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  30. #21
    Get well PG! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,773

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this Seinfeld? lol

  31. #22
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,842

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this Seinfeld? lol
    Yeah.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Vm8VLj5dQ

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  33. #23
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,828

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've gotten tired of the TJs, AJs, and OJs.
    BJs?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  34. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,064

    Default Re: I think the Pacers are in a C.J. rut

    Well between 06-09 Bird's goal was to make an all white team. Now he wants to make an all CJ team.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •