Thread: Pacers/Thunder

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers/Thunder

Roy Hibbert for Steven Adams + Kendrick Perkins

or

Roy Hibbert for Steven Adams + Kendrick Perkins + Perry Jones

or

Roy Hibbert + Solomon Hill for Steven Adams + Kendrick Perkins + Perry Jones

I don't know if any of those are good. And if we did that, might be better off just trading David West for more young pieces and develop them while tanking. I'd rather not tank but I don't know if we'd have the centers or small forward to contend. And if Roy Hibbert has a good season, I think he'll opt out and is possibly gone anyways. I get the feeling he might only stay if he has a poor season and knows he won't get that much anywhere else. Steven Adams seems to have some upside and Kendrick Perkins is an expiring contract. Trying to get Perry Jones would be nice too. I don't know if either team would be interested in this but if the Thunder want to go all out for a championship, Hibbert might put them over the top. Hibbert, Ibaka, Durant, Westbrook... that's pretty sick.
    "I have never taken the high road, but I tell other people to ’cause then there’s more room for me on the low road."

Default Re: Pacers/Thunder

If OKC is our trading partner, we need Lamb and Jackson back or one of them and KP's expiring contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If OKC is our trading partner, we need Lamb and Jackson back or one of them and KP's expiring contract.
    Instead of Steven Adams or... Adams, Perkins and Lamb or Jackson? I don't know if OKC has the depth to do that. That's why I threw in Perry Jones who had a ton of upside and tumbled down the board. Wasn't he considered like a top 5 pick?
    "I have never taken the high road, but I tell other people to ’cause then there’s more room for me on the low road."

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Instead of Steven Adams or... Adams, Perkins and Lamb or Jackson? I don't know if OKC has the depth to do that. That's why I threw in Perry Jones who had a ton of upside and tumbled down the board. Wasn't he considered like a top 5 pick?
    I doubt they'd part with Adams. We need a PG. Jackson and Lamb would be great, could move Miles to the 3 for this season. PG returns next season, with Lamb and Jackson. Our back court of the future alongside PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    I doubt they'd part with Adams. We need a PG. Jackson and Lamb would be great, could move Miles to the 3 for this season. PG returns next season, with Lamb and Jackson. Our back court of the future alongside PG.
    You'd want just Perkins and Mahinimi at center? That leaves the center spot questionable for the future. Unless we could convince Monroe to pick Indy, I'd be too worried to trade Roy without the assurance of another center replacing him. Monroe would have to really want to play with PG to choose Indy over cities like New York and LA. And keep in mind, someone like Monroe could question how healthy PG will be. I think I'd only do a trade with OKC for Steven Adams. We'd get a young center with upside and they get an established center to make a run at the championship. Hibbert should give them a better chance than a 2nd year center who only played 15 minutes a game while averaging 3 points and 4 boards.

Simply put, if they thought Hibbert's defense down low and upgrade at offense could win just one title. You'd be silly not to trade Steven Adams for a title. Hibbert's no Kevin Love but he's an upgrade both offensively and defensively over Kendrick Perkins and he's experience unlike Steven Adams. Look at everything the Cavs just trade for Kevin Love. They got two #1 draft picks and another 1st round pick. If Hibbert couldn't even get a #12 pick, I don't know if he's worth trading. Like I said, Hibbert is nowhere no Kevin Love but sure he can get one draft pick that's 11 spots lower than two of the picks Love just got, plus a third pick. Not to mention, everyone thinks Andrew Wiggins is like the best thing since Lebron so that makes trading him even more valuable than a normal #1 pick. Anyways... I guess we might just differ. I'd be scared to give up Hibbert with no back up plan for a center. I'd prefer a center in return(someone better than Perkins to replace him) and you think we need guards. This team could use a bit of everything, really.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    You'd want just Perkins and Mahinimi at center? That leaves the center spot questionable for the future. Unless we could convince Monroe to pick Indy, I'd be too worried to trade Roy without the assurance of another center replacing him. Monroe would have to really want to play with PG to choose Indy over cities like New York and LA. And keep in mind, someone like Monroe could question how healthy PG will be. I think I'd only do a trade with OKC for Steven Adams. We'd get a young center with upside and they get an established center to make a run at the championship. Hibbert should give them a better chance than a 2nd year center who only played 15 minutes a game while averaging 3 points and 4 boards.

Simply put, if they thought Hibbert's defense down low and upgrade at offense could win just one title. You'd be silly not to trade Steven Adams for a title. Hibbert's no Kevin Love but he's an upgrade both offensively and defensively over Kendrick Perkins and he's experience unlike Steven Adams. Look at everything the Cavs just trade for Kevin Love. They got two #1 draft picks and another 1st round pick. If Hibbert couldn't even get a #12 pick, I don't know if he's worth trading. Like I said, Hibbert is nowhere no Kevin Love but sure he can get one draft pick that's 11 spots lower than two of the picks Love just got, plus a third pick. Not to mention, everyone thinks Andrew Wiggins is like the best thing since Lebron so that makes trading him even more valuable than a normal #1 pick. Anyways... I guess we might just differ. I'd be scared to give up Hibbert with no back up plan for a center. I'd prefer a center in return(someone better than Perkins to replace him) and you think we need guards. This team could use a bit of everything, really.

Could sign Monroe next Summer or grab someone in a trade. Hickson, Mozgov, etc. I don't see why Monroe wouldn't choose us if we have RJ, PG, and J. Lamb. He'd be a good fit. Also maybe OKC would want West instead of Roy. West and Solo for Lamb and Jackson. West gives them a vet, not too many years left on his deal, and is a better low post player and shooter than Roy. He also adds an element of toughness OKC needs. West might be enough to get it done, then you wouldn't have to deal Roy necessarily.
    Last edited by Grimp; 08-22-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Why the hell would u trade Hibbert for Perkins? Perkins is like 100x worse than Hibbert. Perkins is fuxking garbage. I don't ever wanna see his wack a$$ with the Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    Why the hell would u trade Hibbert for Perkins? Perkins is like 100x worse than Hibbert. Perkins is fuxking garbage. I don't ever wanna see his wack a$$ with the Pacers
    Gonna need an expiring to sign Reggie Jackson in this scenario, he's coming with KP.

Naw fuxk Reggie Jackson then if it means getting Perkins

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    Naw fuxk Reggie Jackson then if it means getting Perkins
    Let's be realistic here.....the Pacers aren't trading for Perkins....they are trading for his Expiring Contract to make Salaries match.

West or Hibbert should net the Pacers a Prospect + a Huge Expiring at the very least.

If either could net the Pacers a somewhat decent prospect like Reggie Jackson or Steven Adams....then I'd reluctantly be okay with that.

My preference would be West + Copeland + Sloan for Jackson + Collison + Perkins.

If it's Hibbert, then I'd go with Hibbert + Sloan for Adams + Perkins.

Unfortunately, I think that if the Thunder doesn't want to overspend to give an extension to Jackson....I don't think that they'd want to take on either West or Hibbert's salary next season.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post: